Why can't the 03 cobra beat the Z06???

steelgrave

SVT's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
2000 Cobra R 131 & 148 of 300 Built 3/15/00
1999 Lightning #1610 of 4000 PSP
95 Cobra R #23 (Maximum Motorsports)(Griggs is outa here)
03 Z06 (Fast Yellow)

I count 2x 2000 Cobra Rs (yes plural)
1x 1999 Lightning
1x 1995 Cobra R
and a Z06.....

5 cars? BULLSHIT.

No I know him personally, BULLSHIT would be that he used to own TWICE that...:shrug:

I would lecture you on etiquette and the fact that someone can possibly own 5 cars, but by the way you posted maybe you should just keep your head where it's currently logged inspecting your anal cavity.:nono:

steelgrave

SVT's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I don't wear a slip, thats for girly girls. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (besides, I don't look good in pink):p

Oh come on race him, make it smash up derby and take the albino turd (my beretta) for a spin;)

NowThatsPerfect

Established Member
Originally posted by Todd03Blown
I am from the Atlanta area and drive GA 400 all of the time...looks like I will be on the look out for "NowThatsPerfect" and see how strong his car is.....:)

LOL geezus comon people, i already said i wasnt trying to be an ass! I just read in MotorTrend where a 03 Vette beat an 03 Cobra, thats all i was going off of! Cut me some slack, i KNOW that an 03 Cobra would kick my ass... so dont pick on my slow LS1 :bowdown:

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by NowThatsPerfect
LOL geezus comon people, i already said i wasnt trying to be an ass! I just read in MotorTrend where a 03 Vette beat an 03 Cobra, thats all i was going off of! Cut me some slack, i KNOW that an 03 Cobra would kick my ass... so dont pick on my slow LS1 :bowdown:

A 03 Vette is basically Your 99 LS1. :)
Nice car btw!!!
and motortrend is biaaaased like a mutha.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Where's the moderator.....Somebody stop the thread.....this is ridiculous....the language and the comments.

Everyone growup and enjoy your own cars....way too much testosterone......

jleews6

Established Member
One thing that everyone forgets is that the Z is much more balanced than the cobra.This gives better bite off the line plus the fact that the cobra is 4 to 500 pounds more makes a big difference

I love the cobra but I drove a Z and its awsome but will buy the cobra because its a 4 seater.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by steelgrave
No I know him personally, BULLSHIT would be that he used to own TWICE that...:shrug:

I would lecture you on etiquette and the fact that someone can possibly own 5 cars, but by the way you posted maybe you should just keep your head where it's currently logged inspecting your anal cavity.:nono:

I know him too, I have seen all the vehicles, ridden in the 95 numerous times.

He asked me to call him out on that, to bait some morons.

No bites though.

Pie is on your face, however, no lecturing is necessary, since Brian and I conspired to make this string of posts entertaining.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
I know him too, I have seen all the vehicles, ridden in the 95 numerous times.

He asked me to call him out on that, to bait some morons.

No bites though.

Pie is on your face, however, no lecturing is necessary, since Brian and I conspired to make this string of posts entertaining.

I don't know either of you two, thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :-D :rockon:

Brian

PS: Matt, Doug was in on it as well, he just got involved a little late. ;)

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
So do 99's and 01's.... the CI block on the 03 is there for strength... you wouldnt want the fancy pants aluminum block exploding on you when you feed it 8lbs+...
Pushing 14lbs right now. :)

BenD

Established Member
Power to weight and cubes

Remember the Vette has nearly a 350 cu. in. engine vs the Cobra 281 cu. in engine. Even though the Cobra engine is more efficient, I'm sure, like we used to say in the old days. "There's no substitute for cubic inches, unless it's cubic feet.

However, that statement is not exactly as solid as it was 40 yeras ago. Technology has made a huge difference in engine design, especially the computer control parameters. With that said, power to weight ratio is what it's all about.

Unfortunately there is not much room to shave weight off the Cobra. I've done the rear seat delete, good for 37 pounds, Coil Over suspension, which drops a few more pounds. The next mod for me will be the front K-member that reportedly is good for about 40 pounds. I have had the battery moved to the trunk to lighten up the front end a little bit, doesn't save any weight. Light weight wheels would help, but very expensive. Carbon fiber drive shaft which I am considering, but that too is a grand. Well anyway you get the idea. Easiest thing to do is just add more HP, which I'm also doing.

BigNutt

Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
I hate people who say Zoslow are so much faster and better then the 03 Cobra. I have run a few Z06's and never lost a race yet and 2 of the races I was stock. As far as c-5's go they are a joke biggest over-rated POS I have ever seen.

Your the joke :lol: I like Cobras, but facts are:

Not everyone buys their car to go in a straight line either. Take a stock Cobra and a stock Z06 to the road course and see who comes out faster.......The Z06 frame and suspension is light years ahead of the Cobras. Plus the only reason a Cobra is cheaper is because you share the same body as all the other 100,000,000,000 99+ Mustangs out there.

Last edited:

temjin9876

Bringer of Destruction!
Established Member
Originally posted by NowThatsPerfect
It was off of the Marta Parking Garage in Dunwoody

that is within walking distance of my house. I live in the neighborhood across from chili's on ashford dunwoody rd. Do you live around here?

Nice car by the way. Back when I got my 98 cobra, I was torn between it and a ws6.

Alfasin

Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
I hate people who say Zoslow are so much faster and better then the 03 Cobra. I have run a few Z06's and never lost a race yet and 2 of the races I was stock. As far as c-5's go they are a joke biggest over-rated POS I have ever seen.

Why would anyone expect an 03 Cobra owner to say a Z06 could beat it. You're right, your stock 03 Cobra's are way faster than a stock Z06. What was Chevy thinking when they made that piece of shit?

:lol:

Alfasin

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I've owned both, the Z06 is faster stock to stock, no question about it.
You POS comment shows your ignorance, quite being a dick!!!

Brian

I too have owned both cars. My 03 Cobra was a POS because it practically vibrated my mirrors off. Luckily, Ford bought it back from me. Regardless, I did like the straight line performance of my Cobra. Overall, I think the Z06 is much better. Once again, this is coming from someone who has owned both cars!

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Six pages of horseshit, when four words will suffice.:rolleyes:

IT WEIGHS TOO MUCH.

Matt M PA

Established Member
I agree...this has gone on too long.

But, here's my 02 cents. We are comparing apples and bananas. The Cobra stickers for $35,000, the Z06, $45,000. I think it we all had wanted the computer do the driving for us, we would have considered Vettes.

I got my Cobra because it was what I wanted. I have never had any interest in Corvettes. A friend of mine is a wholesaler who has been sitting on a 2003 blue, chrome wheels Vette vert with about every option since the Spring. He wanted me to buy it instead of the Cobra, but after working with my dealer, the Vette would have been almost $15,000 more..and frankly, not worth it to me.

I would bet that it all comes down to the drivers, stock for stock.

One of the things that makes my Viper special to me is the fact that it is devoid of ABS, Traction Control, Active Handling, etc, and this is part of why the Cobra intriques me.

I also think it says alot that you cannot get an automatic in a Cobra (or a Viper).

Users who are viewing this thread