Why I never had much confidence in Kenny Brown parts

Billy Madrid

Established Member
Yes I am Nuts.

:idea: Not to take this totally off-topic but I have always felt that we are all too boring and take ourselves far too seriously. Where are the great old fake race names like Jon Winter (Porsche 962 driver from the '80s), Danny On-The-Gas, etc... I stole the Billy Madrid name from a Mob snitch in an episode of Hawaii 5-0. He had big striped flares, an open silk shirt and more "bling" than 50 Cents. Oh yeah the side burns wrapped down to the point of his chin.

Billy Madrid I became! Besides it was easier to spell and say than my alternate, " Mondo Segundo". Besides Mondo sounded too Columbian Drug Lord, to me.

Now just have to work on my theme music. :banana:

God, if Tim reads this he will never let me in his car again. :poke:

LOL

Eric, AKA Billy

Last edited:

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Billy Madrid said:
:idea: Not to take this totally off-topic but I have always felt that we are all too boring and take ourselves far too seriously. Where are the great old fake race names like Jon Winter (Porsche 962 driver from the '80s), Danny On-The-Gas, etc... I stole the Billy Madrid name from a Mob snitch in an episode of Hawaii 5-0. He had big striped flares, an open silk shirt and more "bling" than 50 Cents. Oh yeah the side burns wrapped down to the point of his chin.

Billy Madrid I became! Besides it was easier to spell and say than my alternate, " Mondo Segundo". Besides Mondo sounded too Columbian Drug Lord, to me.

Now just have to work on my theme music. :banana:

God, if Tim reads this he will never let me in his car again. :poke:

LOL

Eric, AKA Billy

My name came from the call sign I got as an Air Intercept Controller in the Marines.

Real name James Lambert

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Billy Madrid said:
:idea: Not to take this totally off-topic but I have always felt that we are all too boring and take ourselves far too seriously.
you'll fit in perfectly here! getting off-topic is what we do best! :rockon:

SDW Racing

Established Member
Me? Serious?

With a screen name of SDW Racing, I is far from it...

SDW= Sweet Dick Willie

Here is a recent picture of me....

RobinHarris.gif

:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :rolling: :rolling:

Last edited:

Billy Madrid

Established Member
My GAWD!!!!!! What did I start.

I am so sooorrry for those of you who have been blinded by this totally unexpected display of visual performance.

I will just sit back and watch.

:pop: :lol1:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok Guys, I want you to know that I was just funnin' with y'all when I posted that other picture of Johnny Mac. ;-)

Here's the real McCoy! :thumbsup:

iraqibiker3en.jpg

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Billy Madrid said:
My GAWD!!!!!! What did I start.

I am so sooorrry for those of you who have been blinded by this totally unexpected display of visual performance.

I will just sit back and watch.

:pop: :lol1:

HAHAHA!!! This is the Rated G version. :beer:

And welcome to the forum.

Tom

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok, back to a little more serious "On Topic" discussion for a change around here! :poke: :coolman: Ok, for a little while anyway!! ;-)

When I was at Gingerman last weekend with the BMW Club, I brought along some old Pilot Sport Cups to burn up instead of burning up good tires. Well, I could not believe how loose the car was on these tires??! :eek: Then when I went to put on some different tires I notice this:

brokenlink0zc.jpg

My guess is it broke in the 8-9 transition?

Warning: If you have these on your car they WILL break. My advice to you is carry spares of a different design than these!

Another Kenny Brown component that just can't cut the open track mustard. It's the front sway bar end link. From what I can tell by looking at it, it would be very difficult to find a lesser quality piece for the job! :read:

So, I ended up driving Sunday with no front sway bar! It was a good lesson in car control! I can tell you that! :p

After a stop at Pegasus, this is what I found to replace the failed KB part:

brokenlinkreplacement1nz.jpg

Now, this eye link came in two different ratings. This one is roughly 3,500# and was considerably cheaper than the one that was rated 15,000# and weighed quite a bit more? Being front end weight anal now, I'm going to give this one a try and carry a spare just in case. Does anyone see a need for the heavier component for this job? :shrug: I know it gets a good workout, I'm just not sure what the load ratings might be?

If anyone has any input to share, I'd appreciate it!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
93SVTCobra said:
Do you by chance have part numbers for those parts?

Interesting failure mode to say the least....

Mark:

I ran the entire year last year in the neutral position on the front sway bar. This year after my second event, I moved the front sway bar to the stiffest setting to tighten the car up. It pretty much responded how I wanted it to until this happened.

Right now I'm just in the research stage and have not decided what part is actually going on the car yet? I'm going to take a second look at those heavier joints.

I will get you the numbers once I decide what I'm going to go with? But I can tell you one thing, that original stuff from KB is NFG when it comes from them new! :fart:

What are your thoughts on the rates of the parts? Do you think the rating is high enough for the front sway bar? Do you think the rear bar is under substantially less stress? Because my rear KB links are this same crap!! :bash:

Stay tuned!

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread