Why is it that sh!t cars think they can beat a 1993 Cobra?

Ithnu

Established Member
Again I have a non contender; Dodge Caliber SRT. I looked up the specs, not too bad. 14.4 1/4 mile. Similar to the stock 1993 Cobra. He probably thought it was a stock 5.0; so in that case he would have won assuming similar driving ability. But it's a Cobra and I have 3.55 gears plus exhaust.

But wait...it gets funny. So he's in front of me at the light, how do you race right? We just drive away at the green. I think he must have noticed me and suddenly I hear his coffee can muffler start making that horrible fart noise. I didn't think he even floored it at first as he's not really pulling away. Then I see a puff of blue smoke and just laugh. At one time it might have been a quick car but burning oil in a car around 5 years old means it's already on the down slope.

I think I need a low psi Vortech for that extra 50hp to really stick it to these boners.

ExBlackCoupe

Established Member
Why do they think they can beat a 1993 Cobra? Probably because a 93 cobra is slow. :shrug:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Back in the "day" the 93 Snakes were decent when compared to cars from the same era..........today they are easy meat for even most 6 cyl's on the road. Be ready to drop some coin on the Cobra if you want to run with the pack these days.

Voltwings

Established Member
Caliber SRT-4s can be pretty damn quick ... never underestimate a decent factory turbo car, they'll put out 350 on pump gas with the stock turbo.

Coxy

Established Member
Lol I need to see how this turns out. Gonna end up with hurt feeling if you're Rollin around in a stock 14 second car thinking it's a street slayer.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
ls1's are still your daddy.

This.... LMAO!

Also OP, quit being so ignorant. You have a 93 cobra, not a lamborghini. Its not as fast as you think it is, so come back to reality and settle the **** down. Its not a worthy competator to 95% of members on this site... whoopty-****ing-do! A stockish 93 cobra!!! Everyone watch out!!

Last edited:

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
That escalated quickly, I foresee some butt hurt in the near future......

Ithnu

Established Member
Why do they think they can beat a 1993 Cobra? Probably because a 93 cobra is slow. :shrug:

Hey now...I'm crying man tears over here! :cryying:

For the record (who keeps that record when people say it?) I know a new 5.0 will destroy a 1993 Cobra. And the new Cobras will make me embarrassed to have a snake on the car. What I was getting at is why all these shit cars seem to be singling me out lately. As was mentioned above, a lot of new turbo 4s and HO v6s probably have my #. But so far so good.

But for my own education...would a relatively cheap Vortech V3 at say 6 psi help me handle these 4 bangers? I really don't want too many mods on it and I like that the Vortech doesn't need an oil line run. A 2015+ Mustang is in my near future too so I don't plan to do any high end engine swap.

Also, it was hilarious that the guy was burning oil out of a 5 year old engine. That guy thinks he has a street killer.

*And yes this did go downhill fast. Bring it on guys! This is The Internet and I've got thick skin. ;) No worries here, lots of funny replys.

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
Probably cause you have like 250hp? Never really considered fast honestly, except maybe to similar cars when new in '93. I'm unsure the specific gains from a Vortech@5-7PSI on a pushrod 5.0, but FI never hurt anyone ).

So how long was the race and what did you get up to?

Last edited:

Ithnu

Established Member
I just find it strange several cars want to race. And no we didn't race; he took off but I know my area of town and a cop usually sits right after that overpass. The funny part was he was burning oil right off the bat and I was laughing. Figured this was the part of the forum to put this in.

I bought it out of pure nostalgia as I had a 1986 GT in high school. Mine is as close to stock as nearly anyone can find. Here's the car. *Yes I know the wheels are backwards. Previous owner and just haven't got to get them remounted.

10631200_10202822030776697_626470637164766404_o.jpg

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Foxbody mustangs are usually super fast or dog shit slow. That's probably why they keep ****ing with you plus ur car looks bone stock so they figure ur an easy target

Users who are viewing this thread