Why is it that sh!t cars think they can beat a 1993 Cobra?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Foxbody mustangs are usually super fast or dog shit slow. That's probably why they keep ****ing with you plus ur car looks bone stock so they figure ur an easy target

THIS. The ol 5.0's have been around for so long you just never know what's lurking under the hood. For the life of me I can't even get a mini van to try and race me!

intermatic

Established Member
Your car is clean OP. A little boost never hurt, but if I were you I'd just put that money towards modding your new 2015 once you get it..

KushBandit

Established Member
That's a very nice Fox you have there OP. The nicest stock foxbody I've ever seen actually, as I usually run into ol' beaters or drag cars.

It doesn't surprise me that you saw a Dodge burning oil :p

jmrnjd

Established Member
That's a nice cobra! I wouldn't mess with it. That snake holds more value unmodded. Mod the 15. It won't be as valuable in the future and all new tech.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Leave it stock, enjoy it for the collectors car it is, use the money you save and put it towards the 2015

89stang1

Established Member
if you wanna keep it cheap and still keep your cobra in stock trim throw a dry shot of nos on it trust me you will put most of those little shits in the rear view mirror with a 125hp shot of love. BTW sweet car!

blackvette101

Established Member
Don't add a basic non intercooled supercharger. It will still be slow and even more nose heavy. Get yourself some trickflow aluminum heads/intake/1.7 rockers. Make the same power for less money and take 60 pounds off the front end instead of adding 75.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
ls1's are still your daddy.
This can apply to Big Hammer's thread, his bolt-on LS1 is walking a 5.0, even a bolt-on 5.0! lol

Don't add a basic non intercooled supercharger. It will still be slow and even more nose heavy. Get yourself some trickflow aluminum heads/intake/1.7 rockers. Make the same power for less money and take 60 pounds off the front end instead of adding 75.

In OP's high altitude that might be the way to go. Or just do a motor swap, the car is clean and needs something with power to bring it to life.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
You don't buy a '93 Cobra because its fast, you buy one because they are f'n badass and a piece of Mustang history. 20 years from now your car will *probably* be worth more than most other Mustangs on the road.

paluka21

Established Member
Very nice looking car, and from what it appears, well kept. With that said, it sounds like you need to do some research if you're looking to upgrade the straight line performance of the car. First things first; spinning isn't winning, and you need to be able to hook from a dig. IMO, invest in a set of drag radials to fit your rear tires. From there, perhaps invest in modifications which allow the engine to breath better, set your timing between 13-14 degrees, and keep the car tuned up well. You can save your stock parts so that could could put the car back to original if desired.

With a good driver and some traction I've seen the '93's dip into the 13.6 range in the 1/4 mile.

mavisky

Established Member
For the price of that blower you could throw a cam and a set of AFR's under the hood. Shave 50lbs off of the nose of that thing and wake up with about the same hp gains as the blower and a mean assed snarl to boot.

Ithnu

Established Member
Foxbody mustangs are usually super fast or dog shit slow. That's probably why they keep ****ing with you plus ur car looks bone stock so they figure ur an easy target

Excellent; an answer to the question in the thread title! Seems the most likely answer. And I guess new cars probably don't even want to bother.

You don't buy a '93 Cobra because its fast, you buy one because they are f'n badass and a piece of Mustang history. 20 years from now your car will *probably* be worth more than most other Mustangs on the road.

Yeah that's why I'm not even sure about a low psi supercharger. Hadn't thought about a head swap. It has zero issues mechanically so I really don't want to open a can of worms; I would just like a bit more kick. But it's easiest to not do anything than undo a mistake right?

6 months after I bought this I saw a 1986 (like my high school car) in great shape for sale locally. Not even 100k miles, T-tops and nearly stock. I wanted that one too; 1/3 the price and I could engine swap that without feeling guilty...wife wasn't having that.

Last edited:

Ithnu

Established Member
That's a very nice Fox you have there OP. The nicest stock foxbody I've ever seen actually, as I usually run into ol' beaters or drag cars.

Thanks man. And I thank the previous owners for keeping it this nice too.

Would you believe original paint too? Up close there are light scratches here and there and the ground effects up front have a lot of little nicks. But from even a few steps away most can't believe it's original. My mother-in-law asked who did the paint. I said: Ford. I had a guy at a gas station last week ask who did the restore work for me; I told him it's original and he was shocked.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
leave it stock. the car is worth much, much more stock then it is modded. and you will have to spend BIG bucks to mod it to the point where you will be relevant on the street. your best bet is to keep that car as an investment. you can buy a ratted out fox with some NOS or a blower for $4-5k and duke it out with all the 12-13 second cars for the same price you'll spend on a new blower for your cobra.

fyi----many factory blown cars have a conservative tune---when you hammer it, the computer throws tons of fuel at the motor and you get a puff of black smoke. that is likely what you saw. you should see the black smoke that comes out of my GTR when i hammer it at first. its like a diesel. and that caliber is likely a simple computer reflash away from seriously pushing your shit in. factory blown cars are not to be taken lightly

Users who are viewing this thread