Why is it that sh!t cars think they can beat a 1993 Cobra?

RusWolf

Established Member
Lol.. yeah for dd out of the 2 i'd take SRT (if the car was given to me) otherwise neither would be my choice.

WOW factor, honestly i don't go WOW when i see a 1993 mustang... but it's just me i guess, just trying to say that it's really funny how someone in a 1993 mustang calls caliber SRT a sh!t box..
It's whatever makes the person happy.

yea i agree..it's all relative. the 93 is outdated, doesn't have all the comforts of today's vehicle like the caliber may have. In the end of the day, i'd still have the 93 cobra over the caliber for the wow factor. They look so mean and i think they would make a horrible DD for today. (comfort & features).

Laztug

Established Member
I like this thread! :D
My shit box of an 04 sti has hurt some feelings! The car has exhaust and a tune, went 13.06 with a 1.76 60 foot.
Hell that thing will probably shame my 12 from a dig in the streets.

Ithnu

Established Member
For example he called caliber SRT a sh!t car... how is that a sh!t car?

Hey kids calm down. I spend most of my time on a mtn bike.

When I say shit car I mean those obnoxious fart can mufflers. If you mod a car and it sounds the same as one that has a hole in exhaust, in my book you just made your car a shit car. Because if you just spent money on your car but the dude parked next to you without a rear bumper, 2 different colored doors and no muffler has a car that sounds similar...that's a shit car.

*The guy in the Dodge had a loud muffler and blew a puff of smoke. I only saw it from the same lane; I heard the muffler, saw the smoke and I assumed POS. But read above and some one pointed out that stock turbos will dump out a puff of smoke.

Last edited:

bssmith1220

Established Member
Nice cobra op. Just because your car isn't fast by todays standards doesn't mean its not badass. I have always wanted a 93 cobra. Be careful what you race on the street though, some cars are quicker than they appear....my 4 door Lexus daily would hurt that cobras feelings!

Ithnu

Established Member
Well I've been a truck only guy for the last 15 years and I never considered mine anywhere near as fast as the new 5.0s. My friend owns a 1986 IROC-Z Camaro (might be a 1985), completely stock. We were laughing about taking them to the drag strip; classic Ford vs Chevy. We also were laughing that his V8 Audi S4 would blow both cars away.

Some one posted previously an answer to my question; people target my car because it's older and looks stock. I didn't know the new turbo 4s had gotten respectable; never paid much attention to them as every time I hear a fart can muffler I just face palm.

Seems like several folks around here like classic cars. Here's mine with my friend's Camaro. His dad bought it new and gave it to him about 10 years ago. It only has 45k miles on it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I think it's ironic how someone driving a 1993!! cobra classifies other cars as sh!t cars lol...

the 93 Cobra is Iconic… and will be remembered as the grandfather to many AMAZING Automotive Milestones…

It deserves its due and proper respect… with that said, If you have a stock HO5.0L Snake… you're going to need some mods to outrun even the Catfishies…

OP…..The best course of action so you're not getting flamed…

Humbly realize the Iconic Status…
Humbly Accept its Modest Performance by todays standards...

Last edited:

Ithnu

Established Member
t
OP…..The best course of action so you're not getting flamed…

Humbly realize the Iconic Status…
Humbly Accept its Modest Performance by todays standards...

Pretty sure I've done that several times. I bought it because I love the look of 5.0s. I didn't realize new DD cars were that fast as I don't go out looking for races. Beside the car in the original post sounded like crap, I thought the guy was burning oil and I didn't even try to race.

Folks just aren't reading the whole thread. Entertaining to see so many just post without reading. Kinda why I keep coming back. I bet in a year this thread will get resurrected.

Tezz500

Established Member
Pretty sure I've done that several times. I bought it because I love the look of 5.0s. I didn't realize new DD cars were that fast as I don't go out looking for races. Beside the car in the original post sounded like crap, I thought the guy was burning oil and I didn't even try to race.

Folks just aren't reading the whole thread. Entertaining to see so many just post without reading. Kinda why I keep coming back. I bet in a year this thread will get resurrected.

SVTP is brutal.

"Why is it that sh!t cars think they can beat a 1993 Cobra?"

that right there is going to illicit wondrous responses from many disgruntled… as a Cobro… Im totally Bias and with you… BUT… If you post that aggressive be ready for blow back...

I have a 93 Lightning… and while Its a performance truck.. I have to realize that its rather slow compared to the Gen2 L / SRT 10s…

even so… its a fun DD for me. and makes me smile every time someone in a giant "Hemi" thinks they actually have something thats "fast."

but I probably wouldn't come on and brag about it and declare a 2014 Hemi Ram "SHIT" when I'm putting around in a 21yo truck with 135k miles...

Ithnu

Established Member
I never edited the title or my 1st post. Besides I posted after a few beers. Maybe I should change it to:

"Dear Internet...please forgive my ignorance of cars I don't care about"

I haven't owned an even remotely fast car since the 90s. So coming from my Frontier it felt fast. Anyway I hate fart can mufflers and oil burning (or so I thought) fart can mufflers make me laugh. So there ya go, my bad. At least I learned it's not worth modding the 93. Now I have a reason to buy a 2nd Mustang! I was on the fence with the 2015. But now I'm thinking 2012/13 Boss next year some time.

*You guys want to see some one who won't admit they are wrong...for nearly 1/2 a decade? Enjoy.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1496921-1992-cobra-convertible.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?740442-1992-mustang-cobra-vert

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
I never edited the title or my 1st post. Besides I posted after a few beers. Maybe I should change it to:

"Dear Internet...please forgive my ignorance of cars I don't care about"

I haven't owned an even remotely fast car since the 90s. So coming from my Frontier it felt fast. Anyway I hate fart can mufflers and oil burning (or so I thought) fart can mufflers make me laugh. So there ya go, my bad. At least I learned it's not worth modding the 93. Now I have a reason to buy a 2nd Mustang! I was on the fence with the 2015. But now I'm thinking 2012/13 Boss next year some time.

*You guys want to see some one who won't admit they are wrong...for nearly 1/2 a decade? Enjoy.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1496921-1992-cobra-convertible.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?740442-1992-mustang-cobra-vert

oh yes… you're going to fit in nicely…

mEzcgaT.gif

Ithnu

Established Member
SVTP is brutal.

Seems pretty harsh; but I'll most likely never meet anyone here in person. Most of my friends aren't car guys and the few who are don't really get into Ford. The local outdoor forums here in CO are not as "e-Brutal" but more realistic in consequence. If you post a secret trail, powder stash, hidden campsite, fishing spot, smoke shack, etc on a public forum and people find out who you are there could be an actual fight. My mountain bike group has a private Google forum to prevent this.

This was a huge one last winter. Little smoke shacks are all over ski resorts but this one was epic.

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/photos/leos-smoke-shack-really-got-blown/
http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-the-field/Vail-Resorts-Blows-up-Smoke-Shack.html

Tezz500

Established Member
Seems pretty harsh; but I'll most likely never meet anyone here in person. Most of my friends aren't car guys and the few who are don't really get into Ford. The local outdoor forums here in CO are not as "e-Brutal" but more realistic in consequence. If you post a secret trail, powder stash, hidden campsite, fishing spot, smoke shack, etc on a public forum and people find out who you are there could be an actual fight. My mountain bike group has a private Google forum to prevent this.

This was a huge one last winter. Little smoke shacks are all over ski resorts but this one was epic.

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/photos/leos-smoke-shack-really-got-blown/
http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-the-field/Vail-Resorts-Blows-up-Smoke-Shack.html

Are you implying the SVTP detectives cannot find you??

Ithnu

Established Member
Are you implying the SVTP detectives cannot find you??

LOL, sure they can. But if they bring their car(s) along we'll probably have a beer.

Mtn biking and skiing are a different world in CO. Show up at a secret trail/location you "heard about" without knowing who built it and then run into the crew who did while you're there...Good luck.

Tezz500

Established Member
LOL, sure they can. But if they bring their car(s) along we'll probably have a beer.

Mtn biking and skiing are a different world in CO. Show up at a secret trail/location you "heard about" without knowing who built it and then run into the crew who did while you're there...Good luck.

Lmao... I don't even know how to respond to that lmmfao

Ithnu

Established Member
Lmao... I don't even know how to respond to that lmmfao

The ski/bike thing I'm not really joking. I do know of a pro biker who lost his job when some one posted a picture of him on an illegal trail. Locals take hidden stashes and secret trails very seriously. The worst I ever heard was a few punches thrown. For my mtn bike crew they'll usually just ask outsiders to leave.

*Oh I meant just having a beer while talking about cars. Not while driving or anything.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
Oh I meant just having a beer. Not while driving.

The ski/bike thing I'm not really joking. I do know of a pro biker who lost his job when some one posted a picture of him on an illegal trail. Locals take hidden stashes and secret trails very seriously. The worst I ever heard was a few punches thrown. For my mtn bike crew they'll usually just ask outsiders to leave.

OMG.... Outlaw mountain bikers.... OMG I'm dying over here... Seriously I can barely breath ...

doctor-who.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread