Why No grille on the new gt500?

svtsupersnake

Banned
That prototype car was built in 2007. So it only has the extra things they needed for the performance. As far as wheels for all the 13s showed minus the one at the auto show they have all had different wheels. The 2011/12 svt wheels will be the wheels that come with the svtpp 13. The base wheel I think is that new wheel they showed on the white convertible in detroit. The pic of the black convertible looks like a black wheel version of the white convertible. The wheels in prototype auctioned are also different from the 11/12 svt wheels because those are completely black while the ones on a 11/12 are like a grey kind of black I dont know what the actual color is called.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
That prototype car was built in 2007. So it only has the extra things they needed for the performance. As far as wheels for all the 13s showed minus the one at the auto show they have all had different wheels. The 2011/12 svt wheels will be the wheels that come with the svtpp 13. The base wheel I think is that new wheel they showed on the white convertible in detroit. The pic of the black convertible looks like a black wheel version of the white convertible. The wheels in prototype auctioned are also different from the 11/12 svt wheels because those are completely black while the ones on a 11/12 are like a grey kind of black I dont know what the actual color is called.

The 2013 PP has new wheels. They are different from the current PP wheel. If you look at the centyer of the wheel you will see small triangles formed by the spokes. I have yet to hear a person say they like the enw wheel.

The new standard wheel is what is seen on the black convertible, as well as the red/white 2013 that was seen at the show as well. It looks like they might offer a black wheel option, just as the ZL1 does.

svtsupersnake

Banned
The 2013 PP has new wheels. They are different from the current PP wheel. If you look at the centyer of the wheel you will see small triangles formed by the spokes. I have yet to hear a person say they like the enw wheel.

The new standard wheel is what is seen on the black convertible, as well as the red/white 2013 that was seen at the show as well. It looks like they might offer a black wheel option, just as the ZL1 does.

Are you talking about the wheels on the blue one at the auto show? And as far as the wheels on the convertible then yea maybe there will be different color options or they are just playing around to see which they like best. But the wheel on that blue prototype is a different color than the wheel on the grabber blue at the la auto show.

svtsupersnake

Banned
ah i see I looked at the video from the la auto show again yes your right the wheels are a bit different. I see those triangles. Yes then I agree with everyone else the 11/12 ones looked better without those triangles but its so similar its hard to tell the difference unless you are really paying attention to it.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member

jenkins_1120

Established Member
wonder if the new grills will work on the 11/12? i would like to open the front of mine up some more then ill figure something out for the rad guard

BTR

Established Member
I know this is back from the dead but anyone know why there's no grille, alot say that its due to cooling but I heard there's another reason, a supposedly "automotive easter egg"

blair223

Established Member
Cooling was stated in several interviews of various ford personnel.

I really like the raw look of it, especially on blk/blk coup

Aad1710

Established Member
Just experienced stone chip fracturing front window. Window needed replacement. If Road debris can fracture glass and result in puncture of tire would assume same type of damage to radiator. Rapid coolant loss under pressure may result in engine damage. Ford would deny warranty. Glass was covered by insurance - not sure want to risk for the engine. Svt should have considered this issue. It's unrealistic to mass produce a performance car without basic protection to components essential to safe and reliable operation to the power plant. These are my thoughts. Respect to all owners. Best regards

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Just experienced stone chip fracturing front window. Window needed replacement. If Road debris can fracture glass and result in puncture of tire would assume same type of damage to radiator. Rapid coolant loss under pressure may result in engine damage. Ford would deny warranty. Glass was covered by insurance - not sure want to risk for the engine. Svt should have considered this issue. It's unrealistic to mass produce a performance car without basic protection to components essential to safe and reliable operation to the power plant. These are my thoughts. Respect to all owners. Best regards

Huh?

The glass is a little different.

5600 miles on mine- 4500 of them at highway speeds. Multiple bugs and rocks to the radiator. No issue

This is not the 1st car with an open grille.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
2300 miles. 2250 of them highway at 70 or greater. Few unluck butterflies and dragonflies. NO damage to the fins on either cooler.

chuckstang

Established Member
Huh?

The glass is a little different.

5600 miles on mine- 4500 of them at highway speeds. Multiple bugs and rocks to the radiator. No issue

This is not the 1st car with an open grille.

People I guess forget that nearly all of the sn95 Mustangs had no grilles either. I'd guess that at least a million Mustangs have been produced without a grille in the past with no issues

:pop:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
People I guess forget that nearly all of the sn95 Mustangs had no grilles either. I'd guess that at least a million Mustangs have been produced without a grille in the past with no issues

:pop:

true.

03-04 cobras had a large upper and lower mouth!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Front4.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

No problems here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread