Why sell a GT350 with 1000 miles on it?

Para81

Established Member
Most people who spend the money on Shelby GT350 have multiple cars and/or a revolving door in their garage. All of the people I know (2) who sold the GT350 do not keep sports cars longer than 6 months.

Then there is the tech pack which can't hold up like the Track Pack or R version. That's why I bought a 2016 GT350 Track Pack - Bulletproof.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
When I bought my Boss, I was the second owner. The first owner put on 2000 miles, but wanted a Gotta Have It Green, so got a '13. I can see guys buying whatever they could get, but then realizing it wasn't what they really wanted.

LUV2REV

Established Member
I could see that.

And have you driven a S550 OP? If you're like me and want a car that's raw and fun to drive, an S550 is NOT that car. Sold mine after 5 months. Rather have my old 03 cobra :)

I sold my heavily modified 2003 Cobra in May and purchased a 2016 GT350. While I loved my Cobra, I can't imagine going back. The Terminator chassis feels like it was built by a scout troop compared to the GT350. The GT350 does so many things so very well.

LUV2REV

Established Member
The owner probably had a stop light encounter with an 03/04 or a GT500 that didn't turn out so well

If one bought a GT350 for stoplight racing, one bought the wrong car. The 350 was never intended to be a sraight line racer. How would a Terminator or GT500 fair against a GT350 on a road course ?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I could see why, it's a $60k Mustang that guzzles gas like a Viper, (but way slower than one). It's a BLAST, but the car comes with a big price tag for a pony car. Probably not justified for all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I could see why, it's a $60k Mustang that guzzles gas like a Viper, (but way slower than one). It's a BLAST, but the car comes with a big price tag for a pony car. Probably not justified for all.

Actually, I drive mine quite spirited and get about 17.7mpg. Got as high as 21mpg on a recent 500 mile trip.

It's also not way slower than a viper, especially on the highway. Keeps up quite well. Not to mention, a new viper is $30k more.

The car isn't for everyone, but let's not make things up.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Actually, I drive mine quite spirited and get about 17.7mpg. Got as high as 21mpg on a recent 500 mile trip.

It's also not way slower than a viper, especially on the highway. Keeps up quite well. Not to mention, a new viper is $30k more.

The car isn't for everyone, but let's not make things up.
A Viper traps almost 10mph higher than a GT350. Unless you are talking about 20 year old one you ain't keeping up with one.

I don't take mine on road trips, I'm averaging about 14.5mpg.

I love mine, don't get me wrong. Just my opinion.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
A Viper traps almost 10mph higher than a GT350. Unless you are talking about 20 year old one you ain't keeping up with one.

I don't take mine on road trips, I'm averaging about 14.5mpg.

I love mine, don't get me wrong. Just my opinion.

If you by a GT350 for trap speeds, you simply bought the wrong car. It's not a 1/4 mile machine. It's a highway or track machine. And it keeps up with my friends 06, which is about the same money wise. It does not keep up with my friends 14.

Again, you gotta compare apples to apples and there is a $30k difference in price. People aren't selling the cars at 1k miles because they want viper performance or because the viper is faster. That's just silly

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If you by a GT350 for trap speeds, you simply bought the wrong car. It's not a 1/4 mile machine. It's a highway or track machine. And it keeps up with my friends 06, which is about the same money wise. It does not keep up with my friends 14.

Again, you gotta compare apples to apples and there is a $30k difference in price. People aren't selling the cars at 1k miles because they want viper performance or because the viper is faster. That's just silly

I'm not benchmarking a gt350 to a Viper. It's just a point of reference in relevance to fuel economy vs. performance. I know they're two totally different cars from every aspect, except for the fact they both share a gas guzzler tax.

I think people have this misconception that because the GT350 performs exceedingly well on a road course that's the only reason someone would buy one..

The reality is, this is the first notable 6th gen, and maybe the last for at least a couple of years. People want one, regardless of what it's intended purpose is. Trap speeds relate to acceleration, this car on average is a 116mph car, maybe 119 in freak conditions. That is M4, Camaro SS, territory. A HUGE dropoff from where SVT last left off with the 13/14 GT500 which was Z06, Viper territory.

The question OP asked why sell? Outside of the usual reasons people sell any car early, in my opinion, acceleration vs. cost & efficiency is this cars greatest deficiency. This is a $60k+ Mustang with a gas guzzler tax, regardless of what it's 'built' for I feel this car leaves something to be desired for a few folks out there.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
This car is really not one to be compared easily to others. For me, it is as good as advertised and I will not be looking for a replacement anytime soon. I was in the GT500 world for many years and I'm not looking back. This car is as fast, or faster, around a racetrack than my full Griggs GT500 that put down 725 to the wheel. Simply put, this car is a pure driver's car, and when you put it in the environment for which it is intended (which is a kick ass environment) this car runs circles around most, to all of what's out there south of $100+k. All of that said, this car is an easy daily driver if that's what you want as well. Simply put, it does everything well and that is pretty unheard of. Why someone would move on after having it for six months, I don't know, but I certainly won't be. Oh, and you also don't have to kill your wallet with mods to get this car the way you want it....it is already there.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The reality is, this is the first notable 6th gen, and maybe the last for at least a couple of years. People want one, regardless of what it's intended purpose is. Trap speeds relate to acceleration, this car on average is a 116mph car, maybe 119 in freak conditions. That is M4, Camaro SS, territory. A HUGE dropoff from where SVT last left off with the 13/14 GT500 which was Z06, Viper territory.

Ahhh see that's just the point. This is a car that is meant to go against the M4 etc. it's not a gt500 replacement. It's a boss replacement (and upgrade). The GT500 is coming, and don't worry, it'll be the best bang for buck performance car, just like the 13/14 car was. I've owned 2 13/14s. And I knew fair well this was not a replacement. It's too different

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Ahhh see that's just the point. This is a car that is meant to go against the M4 etc. it's not a gt500 replacement. It's a boss replacement (and upgrade). The GT500 is coming, and don't worry, it'll be the best bang for buck performance car, just like the 13/14 car was. I've owned 2 13/14s. And I knew fair well this was not a replacement. It's too different

I know it's not a GT500 replacement, but it's the only available Mustang with an SVT badge. The Boss was just a GT with some bolt-on parts, same M82 trans and a 5.0 motor. I'd say a lot more people were drawn to it's intended functionality for $5-$6k over a loaded GT. The GT350 has so many unique components from it's engine, transmission, suspension to body it warranted a $20k leap over the same GT, and people are drawn to things like a flat plane crank V8, active exhaust, magnetic ride, new transmission, unique styling with huge front tires, etc, etc.

I'm quite sure some people had the same issue with the Z28, despite having a LS7 under the hood, a $75k+ MSRP and no frills interior it it won't pull away convincingly from anything running mid 12s or quicker around town. You can argue intended purpose for an expensive street car until you're blue in the face, some people will still buy it and be disappointed. When you start getting into the audience that will buy a $65k weekend toy, you start getting buyers that can also afford $100k+ toys. It doesn't matter what it's meant to go against if you can afford both.

Zemedici

Established Member
I know it's not a GT500 replacement, but it's the only available Mustang with an SVT badge. The Boss was just a GT with some bolt-on parts, same M82 trans and a 5.0 motor. I'd say a lot more people were drawn to it's intended functionality for $5-$6k over a loaded GT. The GT350 has so many unique components from it's engine, transmission, suspension to body it warranted a $20k leap over the same GT, and people are drawn to things like a flat plane crank V8, active exhaust, magnetic ride, new transmission, unique styling with huge front tires, etc, etc.

I'm quite sure some people had the same issue with the Z28, despite having a LS7 under the hood, a $75k+ MSRP and no frills interior it it won't pull away convincingly from anything running mid 12s or quicker around town. You can argue intended purpose for an expensive street car until you're blue in the face, some people will still buy it and be disappointed. When you start getting into the audience that will buy a $65k weekend toy, you start getting buyers that can also afford $100k+ toys. It doesn't matter what it's meant to go against if you can afford both.

Excellent point

Users who are viewing this thread