Why sell a GT350 with 1000 miles on it?

mikewillsmith

Established Member
I'm curious as to why it seems a number of new GT350 owners are selling with just a few miles under their belts. The prices are lower than MSRP so I don't think it is for the money. I have a 2017 GT350 on order, and own a 2007 GT500. I can't understand it. IAm I missing a short coming with the GT350?

spectreman

Established Member
I have a neighbor w/a GT350 and he's disappointed w/it in more than few ways. He tracks the car and thinks the suspension needs serious work, plus he says it overheats quickly. He bought it thinking it was a track ready car but now he's got to drop some serious coin to make it run the way he thought it would.

I dunno- did the hype of this car outpace the reality?
Lee

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I have a neighbor w/a GT350 and he's disappointed w/it in more than few ways. He tracks the car and thinks the suspension needs serious work, plus he says it overheats quickly. He bought it thinking it was a track ready car but now he's got to drop some serious coin to make it run the way he thought it would.

Lee

Did he get a base or tech pack car, not a track pack car? That could explain a lot of the problems he's having.

Zemedici

Established Member

Lee

I could see that.

And have you driven a S550 OP? If you're like me and want a car that's raw and fun to drive, an S550 is NOT that car. Sold mine after 5 months. Rather have my old 03 cobra :)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
This happens with every car.

There are a few used RS's for sale with the same amount of miles, most are for over MSRP though.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member

Lee

He probably has a tech package car. I flogged the track pack in Utah heat and its bulletproof. The base/tech cars won't run for long on track without a transmission cooler. The car will go into limo mode to prevent the driver from grenading the transmission

barstowpo

Established Member
There's no comparison between the GT and the GT350. Even the Tech cars can be tracked. I have only hit limp mode once. It tracked better than I expected. I hammered on one all day at the Track Attack as 50 Deep did without any issues. I also talked to the school staff and they have done very few mods. The Track Tour staff said they had only changed 1 rotor after several weeks of constant running.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Happens to all cars OP. People with plenty of money, no worries on loosing a couple of thou, here and there...

Probably wanted the car, once the novelty wore off for them, onto the new toy...

Zemedici

Established Member
I won't be selling my GT500. :coolman:
I have driven a GT, but not the GT350.

Granted I drove a GT350 for the first time this week, and it was fun, but I can see how the novelty will wear off.

Happens to all cars OP. People with plenty of money, no worries on loosing a couple of thou, here and there...

Probably wanted the car, once the novelty wore off for them, onto the new toy...

LIke you and I do? hahahahahahaa

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I buy a new car yearly. Others may be the same.

Also. Some people get in over their heads payment wise. I've already seen a few fmcc repos

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I could see that.

And have you driven a S550 OP? If you're like me and want a car that's raw and fun to drive, an S550 is NOT that car. Sold mine after 5 months. Rather have my old 03 cobra :)

This is very true.

The S550 is a very refined sports car. It feels more like a V8 Supra, 300ZX or a poor mans Aston Martin.

The Coyote also takes some getting used too if you've been playing with FI Mod motors, LS1s and SBFs.

I still don't like the sounds it makes.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm curious as to why it seems a number of new GT350 owners are selling with just a few miles under their belts. The prices are lower than MSRP so I don't think it is for the money. I have a 2017 GT350 on order, and own a 2007 GT500. I can't understand it. I am I missing a short coming with the GT350?

The owner probably had a stop light encounter with an 03/04 or a GT500 that didn't turn out so well

spectreman

Established Member
He probably has a tech package car. I flogged the track pack in Utah heat and its bulletproof. The base/tech cars won't run for long on track without a transmission cooler. The car will go into limo mode to prevent the driver from grenading the transmission

Yeah, I just don't know which one he got. He did mention the tranny cooler was tops on his list tho.
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread