Wife is deploying

boxinabag

Established Member
As some of you know we had are marital problems about 7 months ago. She had an issue with staying loyal and I have given her another chance. Since than she has really kicked our marriage into gear and stayed true to her word of not being neglectful with it anymore. Right now we are much better than we have been in quite some time, she even approved me buying about $1200 worth of parts for the cobra! But today we learned that she will be deploying in 11 days to Kuwait.

With our loyalty issues, of course I am concerned, but I think she has proven that she is going to be loyal and stay true from here on out. That being said, I do still worry about that.

However, my main concern is of course her safety. Is Kuwait a all together safe deployment? She is Air Force, so from my understanding they do not receive weapons while over there, so she is borrowing our friends Special Forces "Spring Assist Blade" while she is there, to protect herself against any unwanted attention from other members or outside parties.

I am a bit upset about this but we are very lucky because it is a 72 day deployment, which is much more similar to a deployment that the Guard would do (according to my guard friend). None the less, I am hoping it is not very hostile.

She is scared but looking forward to the ability to have no outside interactions from anyone and can concentrate on her physical exercise, which she is wanting to get back into. I am not sure how to prepare her for this as well since I am not military. Any suggestions?

We also face a hard time here at the home front, having to drive 45 minutes to Fort Jackson for work and dropping the boy off for day care leaves little time for him to spend with his parents. He will be at daycare for almost 12 hours a day :nonono:.

Warning Paragraph
A lot of people have given me shit in the past about being a military spouse, saying I am not a true man for letting my wife fight these battles, and I hope that I don't run into that here, so if you have something to say along those lines, just don't, because I may not be deploying or fighting for my country but I am giving my wife flowers regularly and teaching my son how to read and play baseball while bringing in a good income. So do not bring your hostility to this thread, I am looking for ways to comfort myself, but most importantly my wife and my son.
Warning Paragraph

Thanks for listening guys, I hope she stays safe, these next 11 days we are going to the ZOO, Myrtle Beach, and going to take a dinner night with just the two of us. Hopefully we get to enjoy this time before she leaves.

Also, how often do they get to use Skype over there?

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It'll be alright man. I'm pretty sure Kuwait is not a hostile place, I could very well be wrong. But think of it like this, if it was that hostile they would give her a weapon. She's also air force and depending on the rate that she is she won't see any combat anyways. Another plus is it's 72 days. I was deployed longer for the Deepwater Horizon spill away from my family lol. As for people giving you shit, they can pretty much pound sand. A spouse is just as important on keep the member of the military sane. I couldn't do what I do without my wife here everytime I come home.. Now the fact that she did some shady shit, that's definatley no help. I'm glad to hear that you worked through them, although I don't think that I would have stayed that's just me though. I'm sure know of all the types of trouble she would have gotten in if you told her command.. Either way good luck man it'll go by quickly.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brian, trust can be a hard thing to earn, and it sounds like she has earned it from you. At this point you'll have to trust that trust. I'm sure she will be fine over there, safety wise. Kuwait is one of the friendlier a mid-East countries. She should, of course, use common caution when leaving the base. Never travel alone, for example.

Thankfully she won't be there very long, only 72 days. That's only 2 months and 12 days. So before you know it she'll be on her way home. It sounds like your marriage is back on solid ground. Enjoy the next 11 days. And every day thereafter. Never stop telling each other how much you love the other. I think everything will be just fine. :)

Ironhand

Banned
Kuwait is a non combat pay area now. I was there last year and in Iraq for a while. You said she is Air Force so I know the air base she will be going to. Probably Ali Alsalem. Not sure about the spelling. Its a busy air base with a karoke/bar type thing. Its also a safe place to be. Just hot during the summer.

I used to do IED route clearence from Ali and northern Kuwait up MSR Tampa into Iraq.

Also, take it from a Vet. One of the best things you can do is turn her inside and out the night before she leaves. Sounds odd, but do it and thank me later.

Last edited:

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
You have a higher chance of being killed in the US than you do in Kuwait. Camel spiders and scorpions are everywhere however, so that is one thing to be cautious about.

boxinabag

Established Member
What do you do for a living?

I will be starting in a week at Fort Jackson as a Computer Assistant. Before this I was a System Administrator for 14 counties 911 systems. The new job is kind of a kick in the butt for me since it isn't as intensive as my old job, but the pay is about the same to be honest.

It'll be alright man. I'm pretty sure Kuwait is not a hostile place, I could very well be wrong. But think of it like this, if it was that hostile they would give her a weapon. She's also air force and depending on the rate that she is she won't see any combat anyways. Another plus is it's 72 days. I was deployed longer for the Deepwater Horizon spill away from my family lol. As for people giving you shit, they can pretty much pound sand. A spouse is just as important on keep the member of the military sane. I couldn't do what I do without my wife here everytime I come home.. Now the fact that she did some shady shit, that's definatley no help. I'm glad to hear that you worked through them, although I don't think that I would have stayed that's just me though. I'm sure know of all the types of trouble she would have gotten in if you told her command.. Either way good luck man it'll go by quickly.

Thanks brother. A lot of the people that gave me shit were A1C-SrA who I ran into at the gym, or while walking on the base. It is just a shame that those types of fools are in to be honest, I was denied because I have a son and she is already in :bs:. I was going in to be a PJ with my buddy (who just graduated a few months ago actually from his 2 years of training!), but I got married and had a kid haha.

We actually did tell her shirt and commander, but the punishment goes both ways, if one gets punished the other gets the same. That had direct impact on my family, so they left the decision to me, which was to give them both an order of no contact and article 15. We did work past it and it seems to be better. I know her brother was in Kuwait for a while but I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, he is pretty busy (just joined OSI). I hope it does go by quickly.

boxinabag

Established Member
Brian, trust can be a hard thing to earn, and it sounds like she has earned it from you. At this point you'll have to trust that trust. I'm sure she will be fine over there, safety wise. Kuwait is one of the friendlier a mid-East countries. She should, of course, use common caution when leaving the base. Never travel alone, for example.

Thankfully she won't be there very long, only 72 days. That's only 2 months and 12 days. So before you know it she'll be on her way home. It sounds like your marriage is back on solid ground. Enjoy the next 11 days. And every day thereafter. Never stop telling each other how much you love the other. I think everything will be just fine. :)

Thanks so much, we have gotten back on track and everything has been great these past few months.

Kuwait is not hostile at all.. I've been there and I had no weapons and whatnot. She will be 100% fine.

Thanks for the re assurance!

Kuwait is a non combat pay area now. I was there last year and in Iraq for a while. You said she is Air Force so I know the air base she will be going to. Probably Ali Alsalem. Not sure about the spelling. Its a busy air base with a karoke/bar type thing. Its also a safe place to be. Just hot during the summer.

I used to do IED route clearence from Ali and northern Kuwait up MSR Tampa into Iraq.

Also, take it from a Vet. One of the best things you can do is turn her inside and out the night before she leaves. Sounds odd, but do it and thank me later.

This 100%^ lol

You have a higher chance of being killed in the US than you do in Kuwait. Camel spiders and scorpions are everywhere however, so that is one thing to be cautious about.

You know that actually doesn't surprise me about the US these days :nonono:. Camel spiders might be enough to make her go into a coma though haha.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Good Luck man. It is cool that you are trying to make it work and not just getting a divorce. And if you think she is up to something shift find her sister or best friend and bang them silly.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
BWHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you can't get much safter than being Air Force in Kuwait. and her deployment is what 6 months? I have been out here for almost 8 years. I spent the first month in Kuwait, and I go through there every year on vacation. I have yet to see a camel spider or scorpion in Kuwait and have only seen one or two camel spiders in Iraq. seriously as long as she doesnt go digging in piles of old trash she is not likely to come across either one.

she will enjoy kuwait. they have decent internet there and a good choice of food. kuwait is not a deployment it is more like a vacation.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
BWHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you can't get much safter than being Air Force in Kuwait. and her deployment is what 6 months? I have been out here for almost 8 years.

8 years consecutively? Holy moly!

OP, be glad it is only for 72 days. If my husband were deployed for just 72 (instead of 400) I would be doing the biggest happy dance right now! It's hard saying goodbye though and having them be gone. Count the weeks, not the days and it will help it go by faster. I'm sorry you are having to go thru this though, especially since you just got your marriage back on track. Hopefully this will make it even stronger when she gets home.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Good luck OP, but 72 days seriously?
Take a mini vacation and payback can be a Biatch if you know what I mean!

clbailey

Established Member
Im in the AF and have 3 deployments under my belt. The air force doesn't know the meaning of the word deployment. She will be fine, shell eat great and have a blast. I went snowboarding on a "deployment" to the sand box, at the mall of dubai. Every sunday was steak and lobster day, the theater tent had brand new movies that just came out in theaters. We also had a community center with 4 playstations, aand 360's. We were alloted 2 beers during the week and 3 on weekends. Save for the kid rock concert it was all you could drink, just the line was over an hour long. Gym was a big ass tent with alota weights and machines. There so much more I could say but im on my phone and its slow.

Cliff notes: im also Air Force, its the boy scouts she will be fine.

oldmodman

Established Member
Kuwait is better known for it's cosmopolitan shopping centers and low gas prices than it's dangers. Most people would never had ever heard of it if Saddam hadn't decided to "vacation" there.

boxinabag

Established Member
Well I have some more information now. It turns out she is deploying to an Army base, and the reason it is only 72 days is because she is "finishing a deployment" for another person who got sick or something. Not sure what Army bases are out there but from the sounds of it, it should be a pretty easy time.

boduke0220

Established Member
The airforce has cake deployments from what i hear, so most of those people wont ever be around the "shit/suck"

Ironhand

Banned
Well I have some more information now. It turns out she is deploying to an Army base, and the reason it is only 72 days is because she is "finishing a deployment" for another person who got sick or something. Not sure what Army bases are out there but from the sounds of it, it should be a pretty easy time.

Camp Aifjan(sp?) or Kuwaiti Naval Base(KNB) are the two most widely used.

Users who are viewing this thread