Will be doing some testing with this...

BigDan

Established Member
Is there any update's to the future of this product?

I already have a 2.59" pulley and want more power via boost but my tuner is advising against me getting a lower because he has never seen a oil pump failure with a stock balancer.

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
If u still need a test mule for anything else let me know :). I have everything possibly done other than replace the blower...worked in reverse I guess. Lol

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

I already have a 2.59" pulley and want more power via boost but my tuner is advising against me getting a lower because he has never seen a oil pump failure with a stock balancer.

Haven't heard this before, lots of guys running an upper and 10-15% lower with no problems. Seems like our factory BAP would support the extra boost fine. This would push your car well over 600, and is the eventual route I plan on taking. Curious to see what the opinions are on this?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

I'm no mechanic but spend many, many hours a week on these sites and I've never once seen anyone post an oil pump failure because of a lower pulley install.

Anybody else? Kind of interesting to see that.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'm no mechanic but spend many, many hours a week on these sites and I've never once seen anyone post an oil pump failure because of a lower pulley install.

I posted this in another thread....

I don't see how an overdrive lower could put additional stress on the oil pump, as they are lighter than the 2008 OEM crank pulley...and a lot lighter than the 2007 OEM crank pulley that did have issues at higher rpm and higher boost.

BigDan

Established Member

Trust me I was bummed out when he said that, but I trust his judgment and he has seen his fair share of oil pump failures.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Trust me I was bummed out when he said that, but I trust his judgment and he has seen his fair share of oil pump failures.

yeah, but this is such a general statement. What other mods did the cars have... what was going on when this failed/racing..... I could go on and on

I too frequent several forums and have never read about this:shrug:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I was thinking the same thing. If you take a small sample of failed engines and that small sample just happened to have lower pulleys it's failed logic to automatically blanket the lower as the cause of the failure without any other information. If you took a sample of 10 engines and 2 had failed oil pumps, both of which had lowers, I can't imagine automatically blaming the lower for the pump failure. There's just way too much speculation and many other factors that could play into the failure. As specially when the larger sample of engines that do run them with no oil pump failure aren't even considered in the thought. It's like the racial profiling of performance parts. It's performance parts profiling.... and I won't stand for it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread