Will Someone Stay Stong Long Enough?!?!?!?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Knock it off you two!
:shrug:

Push-Me-Button.gif

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Someone as knowledgable and skilled at drag racing as Ranger surely knows some lil tricks that may make people think his car is stock but really not.
Little things like, different air filter, removal of front sway bar, spare, lower tire pressure, ice intake, run with very little gas/100 octane perhaps...

Stock in my book means you change or modify nothing, nothing! However it came from the factory, that is how you run it!
i bet you wouldnt be saying that if ranger had made a straight up amazing time in a GT500 instead of a C6Z.

all it takes is some one as dedicated as ranger and i bet we could see a 12 flat.

this is rediculous! "oh, i dont consider the fastest time to be the fastest time the car can ran because not just anyone can get it!" yea, that makes sense! how about this, the fastest possible time in a C6Z(thus far) is whatever ranger ran(11.21 i think? i could look further back in the thread but im just too lazy). the fastest possible time in a shelby GT500(thus far) is evan smiths time(12.2X i think). how about that?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ry_Trapp0 said:
i bet you wouldnt be saying that if ranger had made a straight up amazing time in a GT500 instead of a C6Z.

all it takes is some one as dedicated as ranger and i bet we could see a 12 flat.

this is rediculous! "oh, i dont consider the fastest time to be the fastest time the car can ran because not just anyone can get it!" yea, that makes sense! how about this, the fastest possible time in a C6Z(thus far) is whatever ranger ran(11.21 i think? i could look further back in the thread but im just too lazy). the fastest possible time in a shelby GT500(thus far) is evan smiths time(12.2X i think). how about that?

Are you telling me a GT500 runs a second slower than a C6-Z06?!?!?!

No WAY!!!!!! That's impossible!?!??!! ;-) :lol: :p

Formula51

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:

I would disagree that the fastest possible time in a GT500(thus far) is Evan Smith's 12.2x. That car was a pre-production car and therefore his times in that car are irrelevant. None of us can say with certainty how that car differed from production units, none.

Now, when Evan gets to drive one again (hopefully in better weather at a better track)he just may beat that time. BUT, until he does, the best stock time we have is.....?

I think someone on these boards has run a 12.5x stock?

MD03SVT

Established Member
Yup I went 12.56 in a vert & Joe Dasilva hot-lapped a 12.45 in a coupe his 1st time driving the car.So yes under the right conditions a 12.2x is possible & someone will do it.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:
I would disagree that the fastest possible time in a GT500(thus far) is Evan Smith's 12.2x. That car was a pre-production car and therefore his times in that car are irrelevant. None of us can say with certainty how that car differed from production units, none.

Now, when Evan gets to drive one again (hopefully in better weather at a better track)he just may beat that time. BUT, until he does, the best stock time we have is.....?

I think someone on these boards has run a 12.5x stock?

It was the same car tested by the other mags. :coolman:
Keep in mind that Evan Smith is one helluva driver. He has held NHRA records in his 93 Cobra. He has also consistently run better times on Mustangs than all the other mag drivers. :burnout:
BTW, I just got the latest issue of Modified Mustangs in the mail today. They ran a 12.41 with limited traction and severe wheelhop. :eek:

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
I agree also,if you want a 06 viper for low50,s well good luck. For one it will be used and now way it will be a new viper.I say just buy your viper and be as happy with it as we are with our 07/Shelby GT500,whether it's in the 12s or not,but with a good driver that should be no problem what so ever,for this 500HP/5.4 super-charged DOHC-engine. JUst my opnion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who said an 06'? I said a SRT which goes from 03+. the point of this thread is that you can say what you want but there doesnt seem to be anyone who is dedicated to getting this car to it's full potential in bone stock form. And the fact of the matter is that it does take someone who is dedicated to doing it. The ease and low cost of modifications makes it even less likely as well.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Who said an 06'? I said a SRT which goes from 03+. the point of this thread is that you can say what you want but there doesnt seem to be anyone who is dedicated to getting this car to it's full potential in bone stock form. And the fact of the matter is that it does take someone who is dedicated to doing it. The ease and low cost of modifications makes it even less likely as well.
I haven't been reading the whole tread but imo the stock time of 12.2 will be beat.At the same time i'm not sure why it's so important since in your words the gt500 is easy and cheap to modify..That in itself makes the car better than many,again imo:)

bubbrubb

dgussin1 said:
I wundar if/saleen is goingto modify a 07-shelby/gt500!
Bravo Dave. you just wrote probably the greatest response ever. I actually laughed out loud for a while at this one!!:lol: :lol:

Formula51

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
It was the same car tested by the other mags. :coolman:
Keep in mind that Evan Smith is one helluva driver. He has held NHRA records in his 93 Cobra. He has also consistently run better times on Mustangs than all the other mag drivers. :burnout:
BTW, I just got the latest issue of Modified Mustangs in the mail today. They ran a 12.41 with limited traction and severe wheelhop. :eek:

I know who Evan Smith is. Regardless of what other mags used it to test, it was still a pre-production car and we have no idea how it differed from the production cars. We have already seen how much power there is in tunning this car, so who knows what tune it had, etc.

You mentioned a 12.41 with limited traction and wheelhop. I guess my thought is that with the weight, power, and tires on this car there will always be limited traction in stock form. Not sure about the wheelhop as that is really the first I have heard (hope it is not going to be a problem for this car).

I think Ford's biggest mistake on this car, yes bigger than the weight, was not putting larger tires on a 500hp Mustang. Factory stock with 275's front and 305's rear would have been a good choice I think. Good thing is that tires are easily and rather cheaply replaced!

Users who are viewing this thread