Windowed my block, which short block?

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
no oil pump gears. i wasnt high in the rpm range so i doubt they are the suspect. As far as condition of the rest of it, its currently at a local ford dealer because thats where ford roadside assistance towed it. ill get a better idea of the damage in a few days.

Any progress on yours dizzy?

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
You are not far from Kotzur and they have built motors for Murillo and Padilla.
I would use a reputable local as if you ever have a issue its close to you to handle it vs the whole shipping nightmare BS

It's up to you just my .02 of experience unfortunately

Ill give them a call this week and see what they say, thanks for your input. i know i aint the only one who has had something like this happen

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
no oil pump gears. i wasnt high in the rpm range so i doubt they are the suspect. As far as condition of the rest of it, its currently at a local ford dealer because thats where ford roadside assistance towed it. ill get a better idea of the damage in a few days.

Any progress on yours dizzy?

Yeah doubt so too, OPG's don't seem like they would be all that stressed on your setup and RPM's. I see, hope its only the block and nothing else hurt man. As for mine, I think all the parts are back from the coating shop so now its onto the build which shouldn't take them very long, Ill PM u when its all done ;) When you get your baby all checked out maybe loook into some springs for the heads too.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
oh most definitely putting springs in the heads. If im making 800-850 i shouldnt have a problem cracking 9s(ultimate goal), which is enough to get me kicked off the track for not having a cage. And I will never put a cage in the car.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
oh most definitely putting springs in the heads. If im making 800-850 i shouldnt have a problem cracking 9s(ultimate goal), which is enough to get me kicked off the track for not having a cage. And I will never put a cage in the car.

You will see that on the next build ;)

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Just got mine together after making a window under the stock intake manifold. We can only ask so much of the stock bottom end, they were never made to handle the power they are making forced fed. I say any power adder on a stock unforged rotating assembly is on borrowed time. I went with a brand new 2013 block with oil squirter ( I like the concept of the squirters) boss crank, manley h beam rods, arp2000 rod bolts, diamond piston (uncoated 11:1) total seal ap ring set, cleavite bearings for rods and crank) mmr timing gear and oil pump gears, arp head studs, boss exh cams, ati super dampener, ngk6510 spark plugs, rings gapped for moderate boost. Only wanting to make 800-850 with twins. Dont have the turbos as of yet but I will continue to spray the car with a zex 175 and a stock cased custom converter that was done at a serious converter shop. It stalls 3600 on motor and 4200 on gas

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Just got mine together after making a window under the stock intake manifold. We can only ask so much of the stock bottom end, they were never made to handle the power they are making forced fed. I say any power adder on a stock unforged rotating assembly is on borrowed time. I went with a brand new 2013 block with oil squirter ( I like the concept of the squirters) boss crank, manley h beam rods, arp2000 rod bolts, diamond piston (uncoated 11:1) total seal ap ring set, cleavite bearings for rods and crank) mmr timing gear and oil pump gears, arp head studs, boss exh cams, ati super dampener, ngk6510 spark plugs, rings gapped for moderate boost. Only wanting to make 800-850 with twins. Dont have the turbos as of yet but I will continue to spray the car with a zex 175 and a stock cased custom converter that was done at a serious converter shop. It stalls 3600 on motor and 4200 on gas

Just curious, how much did that motor setup cost?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Hey John that sucks to hear!

Typically speaking 9psi on E85 with one of our kits tends to be around 725rwhp - 750rwhp so she was definitely making some steam.

I'll work you up some quotes today and email them over to you.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Im in it $6500 believe it or not! Built by a machine shop and installed

Not bad
I had mine built but I did all the head swap etc and including having mine sleeved and custom coated pistons with 9310 pins I am about the same in mine.
Boss springs and Boss Exh cams too.
New boss crank new manley arp2000 rods Wiseco pistons with armour coating 9310 pins Custom Darton Sleeves arp main and head studs all machined balanced and assembled shortblock

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sucks to hear OP. I think yours may be the first E85 turbo car I've heard let go in a really long time. Best of luck on the rebuild.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Played with the thought of sleeving the block but my expected 1/4 et would not require that kind of power. I think I can get 800-850 from twins to get me to a 9.3 1/4

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Played with the thought of sleeving the block but my expected 1/4 et would not require that kind of power. I think I can get 800-850 from twins to get me to a 9.3 1/4

Yea after seeing first hand how shitty the aluminum used in the casting of the coyote block is I am very glad I did it.
The aluminum in these blocks are very low quality. The gt500 has a way better quality of aluminum in them. These blocks are China quality castings. Really sad. It makes sense why Ford recalled the Sportsman blocks due to casting quality now.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
yea it hurts, but I still need to assess the damage and the why. could be the fuel quality, oil line that split, bad joojoo, etc. Sure don't want the new one to see the same downfall.

I talked to MMR, 4 week wait time and 5k+ for what id want shipped(not sleeved). Tousley can do an aluminator short block at 4850 shipped, and ships the next day. Or JPC has a builder in florida that can do kinda what mmr would for roughly the same cost. So I know about how much I gotta spend, now just got put the wife unit on the street to make that cheese!:thumbsup:

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Tousley can do an aluminator short block at 4850 shipped, and ships the next day.
Call Anthony @ Tommie Vaughn in Houston 713-802-6600 tell him Rick(sspstangbanger) referred you he can hook you up on a alluminator or anything FRPP for a steal and is semi-local for you. They are the largest stocking FRPP dealer and have been for decades.
He can hook you up on a block/crank etc if you wanna save $$$ over what MMR and RGR/JPC will charge you if they supply them.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Call Anthony @ Tommie Vaughn in Houston 713-802-6600 tell him Rick(sspstangbanger) referred you he can hook you up on a alluminator or anything FRPP for a steal and is semi-local for you. They are the largest stocking FRPP dealer and have been for decades.
He can hook you up on a block/crank etc if you wanna save $$$ over what MMR and RGR/JPC will charge you if they supply them.
suh-weeeet, thanks rick!

Users who are viewing this thread