Wire tuck with PCM, fuse box, battery, and ABS relocate *lots of pics*

kingnut

Established Member
man you really cleaned up that engine bay. you should set a price and i bet guys would pay you a good premium to do this.

grnenvy

Established Member
U did a really nice job. Did the brake lines reach or did u have to extend them? With the ABS out of the way a real true cold air intake kit could be built.
Once again very nice!

01bluesnake

Established Member
it really looks great. have you thought about painting the coil cover to match the car?

I thought about painting them, but grabber blue is an odd color because it can get over powering very fast so left them as is.

man you really cleaned up that engine bay. you should set a price and i bet guys would pay you a good premium to do this.

ya, had a few local guys get estimates on doing their cars although this has to be one of the things i would least like to do on a regular basis lol.

U did a really nice job. Did the brake lines reach or did u have to extend them? With the ABS out of the way a real true cold air intake kit could be built.
Once again very nice!

:beer: I actually got away with unbending the stock lines slightly, then reforming them to reach where i mounted the module. One line off the master was a little pain because it was just long enough so had to be careful on placement. Ya, with the fogs deleted and ABS out of the way, i can look right to where a filter could easily be placed for a true CAI/Ram air setup.

Last edited:

cannman440

Established Member
I would love to do this to my car. I might give it a shot. How many wires did you have to lengthen?

01bluesnake

Established Member
I can't even remember, but it was a lot. Rough guess would be around 100-140. I had to modify all the PCM connecter wires, the engine harness had to get run towards the firewall which required wire modification and as well as connections at the CJB.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
damn makes me wanna do this before i put twins on my car, but no way in hell im bout to cut in to 100-140 good wires and solder/heatshrink them, god forbid tryin to troubleshoot that mess if a solder joint fails. badass though, gotta admire than dedication.

Deranged2013

Established Member
:bowdown:Looks good and clean. Is that battery tray in the trunk a kit or is that something you put together yourself?
Woke up a 4 month old thread. Somehow missed this one.

New years resolution:
Clean engine bay!

Last edited:

bob450

Established Member
when i did my mt82 to 6r80 the most difficult part was to change trans connector ... i incline you are a wire champion ! good congratulation! nice job!
little question do you have to add extension on brake line or only to bend a different way
thank

4VFTW

Established Member
I wasted 4hrs the other day and melted a chunk of my brain trying to wire a Nitrous arming/purge button because the switch was bad. Just looking at that rats nest of wires you reloomed makes my eye twitch.

spdracr0

Established Member
Looks absolutely horrible, why would you even waste your time???

And I hate you!

Note the extreme sarcasm!!

Dude that is badass!!! Looks absolutely awesome....I am jealous. I have a hard time just keeping mine semi clean

01bluesnake

Established Member
Looks great, but so much work. I bet your fingers are a bit sore after all the wiring.

Although late reply on my part, yes, my fingers and my brain were definitely hurting after all was done lol.

:bowdown:Looks good and clean. Is that battery tray in the trunk a kit or is that something you put together yourself?
Woke up a 4 month old thread. Somehow missed this one.

New years resolution:
Clean engine bay!

Thanks! That was something i put together using high power audio cable, and fuse setup, combined with a side mount bracket. I now have a little bigger Braille battery in place and new mount, as well as thicker gauge wiring. The car was having a hard time starting on hot starts, now is perfect. I think the D680 was just too low of a CCA due to age, about 4 years old. I decided to up the gauge wiring since i was in there anyways.

when i did my mt82 to 6r80 the most difficult part was to change trans connector ... i incline you are a wire champion ! good congratulation! nice job!
little question do you have to add extension on brake line or only to bend a different way
thank

Thank you lol. I do automotive work for a living, and electrical is one of my many specialties. I just have to bend the lines to work, no extension. If i did it again, i would get new brake line, so i could form and tuck the lines a little cleaner.

I wasted 4hrs the other day and melted a chunk of my brain trying to wire a Nitrous arming/purge button because the switch was bad. Just looking at that rats nest of wires you reloomed makes my eye twitch.

Ya, i definitely took breaks after doing a few hours of wiring, was just mentally straining.

Looks absolutely horrible, why would you even waste your time???

And I hate you!

Note the extreme sarcasm!!

Dude that is badass!!! Looks absolutely awesome....I am jealous. I have a hard time just keeping mine semi clean

Hahaha thanks.

wow it looks simple amazing . good work !!!!!!!!

:beer:

the big single will look twice as big now.great job.

That was the plan, engine bay should look clean, simple and sexy. Thanks

Looks killer!
I would def pay someone to do this for me.

Thanks! I have had a few people set up appointments with me to do this, and depending what battery setup, or how in depth you want to go with "tuck and clean up", it can get a little pricey.

Last edited:

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
The car definitely looks hot, and the job looks like a real pain in the ass to pull of smoothly. Nice work and good luck OP :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread