ImRambo

Established Member
This stance Im fine with.

slammed-stanced-ford-mustang-gt-12_zpsfcb862fc.jpg

This is retarted

5674834886_eae778d17c_o_zpse8f8332b.jpg

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
It takes much less engineering resources to integrate and validate a manual transmission. An automatic, especially the latest and greatest electronic ones take tons of time and effort. For the most part manuals are just bolt it up, does it drive ok? Yes? Done.

The disappearance of the manual of course sucks.
Every single vehicle comes with a touch screen.
Black box recorders.
Mandatory traction control.
The entire TPMS system.
Datalinked EVERYTHING.
The insane lengths OEMs go to get fuel economy, like changing oil weights, removing spare tires, etc...

You can see the common theme seems to revolve around making cars into rolling iPhones so even the dumbest of the dumb can operate them (ie mandatory TPMS system because people don't know how to check tire pressure, or don't know what a flat sounds like.)

While you're correct, it is still all about the ROI and not initial investment.

Right there with you on the blackboxes and traction control, though.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am afraid to see what the car culture will be like in 20-30 years. I go to car cruises, Cars & Coffee, shows, etc... It seems like the majority of people under 25-30 yrs of age care to look at is the stanced garbage and exotics. They walk by beautiful classics and modern pony cars done properly to stare at some garbage ass Accord that cannot clear a pile of dog shit or Lambos, Porsches, etc... I just do not get it. Granted, I love looking at exotics but these kids even overlook Aston Martins.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Idk, I'm 23 and most people my age drool over the Boss. Did I say drool? I meant grool. The girls grool all over my Boss

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Around here I haven't seen much of the 'carolina squat' bs, although that would drive me up the wall..

There are a ton of people however that run that stretched tire / as much negative camber as possible crap on their honda's.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Why? lol some colors look better with black.

People that complain about black wheels bug me. Just about every manufacturer, from exotic to the Big 3 offer black wheels on certain cars. Why? Because chrome wheels are so 90s and black offers a level of contrast and aggressiveness no other color offers. It's also much harder to just throw on and make it look nice. The shade and finish has to be perfect and match the car.

By their standards my stealth black 848 Evo must look awful... way to go Ducati!

KnightVision

Established Member
Stance... i can't stand ridiculous camber and those riceers who put on a set a wheels and drop it soooo low they can't drive over a speed bump. I've seen some people pull off plasti dipping their cars but it doesn't hide everything you still need a nice foundation to paint on...

matt87

Established Member
well here in the north east, the trends of the rice burners are much like anywhere else. super stretched tires on fruity colored rims all the rage. i agree with another post about the oem getting too personal with the driver information. cars are becoming rolling iphones way to fast. all these safety features like "lane departure warning" are gonna be needed for all the distracted idiots doing google searches and texting while driving. the "golden age" of driving is over.

matt87

Established Member
forgot one last nagging stupid trend, these dam diesel truck idiots who like to go around making vids of themselves blowing black smoke all over people walking an inside car windows as they pass. one did that to me i'd be pissed.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I am afraid to see what the car culture will be like in 20-30 years. I go to car cruises, Cars & Coffee, shows, etc... It seems like the majority of people under 25-30 yrs of age care to look at is the stanced garbage and exotics. They walk by beautiful classics and modern pony cars done properly to stare at some garbage ass Accord that cannot clear a pile of dog shit or Lambos, Porsches, etc... I just do not get it. Granted, I love looking at exotics but these kids even overlook Aston Martins.

because a late 60's muscle car is well old. Look Cameron Diaz is very attractive but DAMN that Kate Upton though...

Look man we arent old, we appricate old cars but at the end of the day they are jsut that, old

Spudz

Established Member
This is my neighbor's car. This is probably a good summary of everything I hate about the aftermarket scene.

IMG_0512.jpg

What you don't see is the massive fart can on the back, along with all the racing stickers on the back window. He's out working on this disaster almost every time I pass by. The headlights are what I don't understand above all else.

Apologies for the terrible picture. I snapped it while on the way to the store.

Prototype007

Established Member
forgot one last nagging stupid trend, these dam diesel truck idiots who like to go around making vids of themselves blowing black smoke all over people walking an inside car windows as they pass. one did that to me i'd be pissed.

Cops around here right tickets for that retarded crap anymore and I'm glad of it.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
This. Why? Manufacturers have lost sight of what it truly means to own an enthusiast vehicle. They are having circle jerks over their lap times at the Nurburgring, exalting the "seconds they shaved off " at the track that doesn't even remotely reflect street performance. Case iin point the poster child for disappointment in this category is the GT-R. Could you imagine how much more of visceral machine it would be with nearly 600HP, AWD, and a 6 speed manual? My insurance against this computerized trickery is called the SVT Cobra. :coolman:

The GTR is only fast because it has an automatic. A 6 speed manual would turn it into a turd.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
People that complain about black wheels bug me. Just about every manufacturer, from exotic to the Big 3 offer black wheels on certain cars. Why? Because chrome wheels are so 90s and black offers a level of contrast and aggressiveness no other color offers. It's also much harder to just throw on and make it look nice. The shade and finish has to be perfect and match the car.

By their standards my stealth black 848 Evo must look awful... way to go Ducati!

Black wheels don't look good on most cars. Chrome looks better on black. People who think black wheels look unique make me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread