worst automotive trends.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
There's also those who drive with 'My Little Pony' hanging off the back of their cars... indicating they played with girl toys when they were kids

never seen that before but the other day i saw a truck that had woody from toy story hanging from buzz lightyears hand and thought it was pretty cool, found this pic on google

B821CCAC-B148-48A3-9FCC-0107FCD01CDC_zps7y16by0u.png

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
because a late 60's muscle car is well old. Look Cameron Diaz is very attractive but DAMN that Kate Upton though...

Look man we arent old, we appricate old cars but at the end of the day they are jsut that, old

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have read in a while. Congratulations

Prototype007

Established Member
We can also stop with the family stick figures in the back window too.

One of my buddies took a stick family and broke the tail off the dogs and used them for weiners on the men, making an Eiffel Tower with the woman that he broke in half to make her appear bent over lol!

ImRambo

Established Member
Black wheels don't look good on most cars. Chrome looks better on black. People who think black wheels look unique make me laugh.

Black looks good on most cars. Chrome on the other hand is tacky as hell.

They both look fine.. Had gloss black, matte, chrome, silver all looked great. All depends on the theme or look your going for.

Rct851

Established Member
The only thing that bothers me really is "stance". I've seen numerous cars with sick potential such as supras, 335i, STi, RX7 and so on but are "stanced". I can see how a RX8, miata, regular 328ci and other cars would rock them for looks but why an easily 12 second car? At the end of the day it's none of my business so it's whatever.

In terms of OEM fads, the "exhaust tips" attached to the bumper gets me. Lexus, Ford, and Dodge are the main ones I see doing this but I know other companies are onboard with it,.
13959184533_6301578e9d_z.jpg

This! Drives me crazy. I guess we are all performance/functional/actually have cool tips on our cars influenced

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Carolina squat bs for those wondering....

D2F8FBCC-F13E-4FF9-99B7-2A50C76E9E29_zpsqmzz4au1.jpg

D1934F54-D032-4DF4-ADA1-5ABE1855129D_zpssdnhtfoy.jpg

8239B1DA-C121-40F6-84A5-40D80260E8E5_zpsacvy2xvu.jpg

this is actually getting big around here are well (Sarasota/Bradenton/tampa area)

only they call it "bull dog" around here... its absolutely retarded. also stacks in the bed of the trucks on diesels. its actually so popular that there is an actual shop that specializes in making custom stacks for retards around here...

Zemedici

Established Member
That sierra would look decent If you put the rear suspension back in and got rid of the jack skellington stickers

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The trend that annoys me is the sheer volume of nannies and tattle tale black boxes.
I buy a car, I want to drive it. I want to be able to be stupid in it and not have it call the cops on me. Drive by wire really screws with me. They program the pedals to act different than if you had a real line going to the throttle. Hydraulic Clutches have become so light I cannot feel any feedback from the pedals anymore. It feels like we who that started driving in the late 90s may actually be the last generation of people that love to drive. Everything is changing to the point the cars are driving themselves. The cars are transforming from a soulful piece of Americana into automated transportation.
Makes the leap from horses to cars seem like "an insignificant step generations before us had to deal with before the automated transportation we have today came around."
Imagine having to pay attention for a few hours to steer and guide a car when we could all be on our tablets looking at cat pictures...

Last edited:

svtaddict

Established Member
my buddies does smog tests at his shop and he said by 2020 there will be no more smogtests. if your check engine light goes off and you dont fix it within a certain amount of time you will automatically get a fine in the mail. hows that for cars being to smart now?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
This is my neighbor's car. This is probably a good summary of everything I hate about the aftermarket scene.

View attachment 13028

What you don't see is the massive fart can on the back, along with all the racing stickers on the back window. He's out working on this disaster almost every time I pass by. The headlights are what I don't understand above all else.

Apologies for the terrible picture. I snapped it while on the way to the store.

Does he think this is a drift missle or something?

The headlights are called "lazy eyes" its becoming really popular to do on cars with pop up headlights.

JDM culture is a strange one.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
also stacks in the bed of the trucks on diesels. its actually so popular that there is an actual shop that specializes in making custom stacks for retards around here...

...even though stacks keep them from "rolling coal" on people? Of course the massive, oversized ones are ridiculous, but a simple 6" chrome stack or two can look good. It's none too practical if you use the bed a lot, but it would make sense for a trailer.

Another one I want to add is adaptive cruise control, especially for trucks. I was driving on the interstate late at night, no one around for miles, when this Fedex truck hauling doubles gets right up on my bumper with his high beams on. I try speeding up, he speeds up too. I try slowing down, he slows down too. There's no one else around, so he has tons of room to pass me anytime he wants.

This goes on for miles until I finally move into the passing lane, and he stays in the right lane, passing me. Another brilliant wheel-holder for Fedex. These are the same guys that watch movies on their phones or text while driving. Too bad Fedex can't go back to manual transmissions so they couldn't pull that off anymore.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
this is actually getting big around here are well (Sarasota/Bradenton/tampa area)

only they call it "bull dog" around here... its absolutely retarded. also stacks in the bed of the trucks on diesels. its actually so popular that there is an actual shop that specializes in making custom stacks for retards around here...

bull dogging has been around for 20 years + prob. This takes that to the extreme. The Sierra has a 6" Lift setup up front and the factory block removed from the rear. A normal bulldogging setup is prob .5-1.5" taller in the front.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
A few more:
- completely different color engine bays (on purpose) than the exterior of the car
- Stickers plastered all of the a fender....usually see this on 240s
- Any over the top sticker on a lowered car "stupid low" "I hate speed bumps" etc
- Stickers all over front and rear windows of cars and they seem to always be at an angle

blk00gtvert

Established Member
...even though stacks keep them from "rolling coal" on people? Of course the massive, oversized ones are ridiculous, but a simple 6" chrome stack or two can look good. It's none too practical if you use the bed a lot, but it would make sense for a trailer.

Another one I want to add is adaptive cruise control, especially for trucks. I was driving on the interstate late at night, no one around for miles, when this Fedex truck hauling doubles gets right up on my bumper with his high beams on. I try speeding up, he speeds up too. I try slowing down, he slows down too. There's no one else around, so he has tons of room to pass me anytime he wants.

This goes on for miles until I finally move into the passing lane, and he stays in the right lane, passing me. Another brilliant wheel-holder for Fedex. These are the same guys that watch movies on their phones or text while driving. Too bad Fedex can't go back to manual transmissions so they couldn't pull that off anymore.

I agree... there is a guy here with a 20" yes i said twenty inch diameter stack in the bed of his truck

bull dogging has been around for 20 years + prob. This takes that to the extreme. The Sierra has a 6" Lift setup up front and the factory block removed from the rear. A normal bulldogging setup is prob .5-1.5" taller in the front.

This i did not know... just hear people talkinh about it

ThomasL

Established Member
Nothing wrong with a bungee cord holding your car together. UNLESS....You pull up next to me in bungee secured Civic and rev your fart pipe at a red light. **** off.

Users who are viewing this thread