worst automotive trends.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I just did the same thing this weekend, got rid of the ugly "wood grain" in my sierra. The bezel around the radio and the trim pieces on the dash I used some black 3M vinyl wrap, kind of a black brushed look, and spray painted the other small pieces. Still don't know what I'm going to do about the .5" strip around the steering wheel.

one of those paint pens

flS/R

Established Member
that stanced crap is so bad. Would never do that to a car. I also don't care for the flat/matte black paint jobs people are doing to their wheels as well.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I have never seen a truck that screwed up in California, and I've seen some screwed up trucks.

Tow hooks on the backs of hondas. I'm not sure why it drives me nuts and the only thing I can think of is so it's easier for the tow truck later on.

The Cali truck craze is the cen-cal look. It's a 6" lift on 20x14s with so much offset (-74 for example) they have to run 33s and those tires look insanely small

mach14604

Established Member
Black Rims. It bugs the hell out of me and looks like crap! People use to put hub caps over wheels so you didn't see the black wheel behind it. :shrug:

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Anyone that puts the sticker "illest" on their car

Tow hooks
DSC_0908.jpg

Shocker stickers.

yes to all above

mts

Established Member
Carolina squat bs for those wondering....

D2F8FBCC-F13E-4FF9-99B7-2A50C76E9E29_zpsqmzz4au1.jpg

D1934F54-D032-4DF4-ADA1-5ABE1855129D_zpssdnhtfoy.jpg

8239B1DA-C121-40F6-84A5-40D80260E8E5_zpsacvy2xvu.jpg

How to spot a D-Bag in nc:

Squatted truck
Visor hanging on the rear view mirror
Driver has big framed white oakleys
Dumb Sticker
Usually a 35 or 37 inch tire on the truck scrubbing the wheel well
9 times out of 10 the Tire is a Nitto Mud Grappler

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Black Rims. It bugs the hell out of me and looks like crap! People use to put hub caps over wheels so you didn't see the black wheel behind it. :shrug:

My friend posted a pic of his 03 cobra on a set of machined finished rims (voensomething, CCW reps) and someone posted along the lines, looks nice but have you thought about putting black wheels on it?

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
As to vanishing manual transmissions everyone has to remember that we are in the vast minority. Manufacturers aren't making them because people don't buy them. Why waste money on engineering to sell to a tiny market segment? It's unfortunate but it makes sense from a business perspective.

It takes much less engineering resources to integrate and validate a manual transmission. An automatic, especially the latest and greatest electronic ones take tons of time and effort. For the most part manuals are just bolt it up, does it drive ok? Yes? Done.

The disappearance of the manual of course sucks.
Every single vehicle comes with a touch screen.
Black box recorders.
Mandatory traction control.
The entire TPMS system.
Datalinked EVERYTHING.
The insane lengths OEMs go to get fuel economy, like changing oil weights, removing spare tires, etc...

You can see the common theme seems to revolve around making cars into rolling iPhones so even the dumbest of the dumb can operate them (ie mandatory TPMS system because people don't know how to check tire pressure, or don't know what a flat sounds like.)

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
There's also those who drive with 'My Little Pony' hanging off the back of their cars... indicating they played with girl toys when they were kids

MysticRob

Established Member
Seeing any car decorated with pepboys/o'reillys chromed magnetic fender/door pieces and fender flares is always a real treat. Front and rear tow hooks on beater front-drive imports are also still the rage in my area. I haven't seen any stuffed animals or ballsacks hanging off the rear ends lately though, so that's nice. Yesterday on the freeway I saw what I think was an early 90s Acura in bright green with a bi-plane spoiler and hideous primered front end body kit flapping in the wind... classy!

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
There's also those who drive with 'My Little Pony' hanging off the back of their cars... indicating they played with girl toys when they were kids

Haha...you should look into Brony culture. There's ****ing teenagers, 20 some things and people in their 40s that are getting into My Little Pony. Watched a documentary on it and fucjing weird shit - mostly social outcasts.

Posted via Topify on Android

MFE

Established Member
My vote is for painted blacked-out brake lights. It takes a special kind of retard.

Zemedici

Established Member
Seeing any car decorated with pepboys/o'reillys chromed magnetic fender/door pieces and fender flares is always a real treat. Front and rear tow hooks on beater front-drive imports are also still the rage in my area. I haven't seen any stuffed animals or ballsacks hanging off the rear ends lately though, so that's nice. Yesterday on the freeway I saw what I think was an early 90s Acura in bright green with a bi-plane spoiler and hideous primered front end body kit flapping in the wind... classy!

lol'd

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
This.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-nx-makes-surprise-new-york-appearance.html

This looks like Lexus found an ancient samurai frozen in an ice glacier and then slowly taught him how to draw and thought it would be great if he designed a car for them because this thing looks like someone made angry cuts and slices all over this thing.

Please stop with the forced feature lines that do not make any sense and if you cannot design a car just stop and contract someone else to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread