Wot Box Sale

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The install isn't bad. It took me 3 hours with quite a few smoke and beer breaks. The instructions on the N2MB site are really good. It's just the programming that has me confused.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
The install isn't bad. It took me 3 hours with quite a few smoke and beer breaks. The instructions on the N2MB site are really good. It's just the programming that has me confused.

That's what I figured I'd have problems with as well...

Shaun@AED

*NOTE* to all:

Use of the WOT box requires disabling Misfire detection in the tune to avoid misfire codes.

Also be aware when the WOT box cuts ignition the O2 sensors will pick up a lean condition, which the ECU will recognize and enrichen the mixture. The result can be exhaust backfires, which can destroy Catalysts.

Any AED tuned customers need only email requesting a Drag tune for the WOT box and a Free updated tune will be sent back.

97snakebite

Established Member
*NOTE* to all:

Use of the WOT box requires disabling Misfire detection in the tune to avoid misfire codes.

Also be aware when the WOT box cuts ignition the O2 sensors will pick up a lean condition, which the ECU will recognize and enrichen the mixture. The result can be exhaust backfires, which can destroy Catalysts.

Any AED tuned customers need only email requesting a Drag tune for the WOT box and a Free updated tune will be sent back.

Killer service Shaun!!:beer:

Benchracer

Established Member
I have to add Jon from N2MB has absolutely killer customer service. Answers any questions any day of the week and pretty much any time. That in itself is why I will never hesitate to buy any product he makes.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
*NOTE* to all:

Will running a WOT box on an N/A/boosted setup on the street pose any problems/risk for the engine if the tune turns off misfire detection?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Wot box is great. I highly recommend it to anyone with a stick. It will let you gorilla shift the mt82.

Shaun@AED

Will running a WOT box on an N/A/boosted setup on the street pose any problems/risk for the engine if the tune turns off misfire detection?

Misfires related to *other* causes will not be detected.
Worst thing we've seen from the WOT boxes is a pile of busted Cats.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Yes if you have cats don't get this and if you do don't use the 2step feature and set the shift delay as short as you possibly can.

not many sick world destroyer people like us have cats though so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Benchracer

Established Member
I ran the wot box with cats for 2 years. Car went 11.79 N/A and 10.93 with spray. It did melt one of my cats though but still ran the best times it ever ran with that melted cat. lol. The key to not melting your cats is to not be on the 2 step very long. Less than 3 seconds is ideal. Im pretty confident the only reason I melted a cat was one night at the track the timers messed up and after both cars staged, the lights never dropped, leaving me on the 2 step for about 5 seconds before I let out and backed off the beams.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I have to add Jon from N2MB has absolutely killer customer service. Answers any questions any day of the week and pretty much any time. That in itself is why I will never hesitate to buy any product he makes.

Exactly. I love their customer service. The guy went back and forth with me well past midnight central time til my issue was lined out. I love this little blue box n Im sure the mt-82 does too.

Users who are viewing this thread