Wrecked my 2014 seeking opinions on buying it back.

Bllit11

Established Member
hey snoopy where are those sights at I would like to see some of them and what they're going for.

Snoopy49

Established Member
hey snoopy where are those sights at I would like to see some of them and what they're going for.

I will have to look for the sites, they have been posted before on this forum.

This my first attempt at posting pics so let me know.

UcTLzu.jpg

Jlk1bv.jpg

carguy19

Established Member
Most likely totalled with the core support bent like that and other damage.

I would be worried about the front accessories and motor being damaged also everything back of the motor could be tweaked. Mounts, transmission, driveshaft. Etc.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Sorry for your loss, glad you walked away!
I would be leaning towards it being a total loss.
You can always fight your insurance co if they think otherwise.
Do you have a good ins company?

TFStang

Established Member
As others have said, cars can be replaced. Glad you are ok. There are plenty others out there for sale if you want to replace it. If they let you buy it back for less than $10K, I would be all over it.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Ouch!! Glad you are ok no doubt! If you buy it back, there are interior parts I'd love to buy from you to finish a project I started a while back.

JeronimoJC

Established Member
I wrecked my car and the insurance company ended up totaling it. I asked the insurance company how much they wanted for my totaled car. They were asking too much so I didn't buy it, but I found out where which auction site the car went to. Then I bought it at auction for half the price of what the insurance company wanted. You can bet I was willing to outbid most other bidders because I knew more about the car than anyone else. It all worked out very well for me.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it all works out well.

Last edited:

MattR

Established Member
Junk and just let it go and move on. Wait for the new one or buy another. These cars are typically cared for and seldom driven, shouldn't be hard to find one. Loom around and send some examples to your insurance guy if their offer is low.

Snoopy49

Established Member
curious on how buying back a car works?

I don't know if this applies to all insurance companies, but I have heard that some of the insurance companies have contracts with salvage companies for all their totaled vehicles and won't sell to anyone else. The salvage companies then sell them at auction.

Here is one auction website.
SALVAGE VEHICLE AUCTIONS

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
I don't know if this applies to all insurance companies, but I have heard that some of the insurance companies have contracts with salvage companies for all their totaled vehicles and won't sell to anyone else. The salvage companies then sell them at auction.

Here is one auction website.
SALVAGE VEHICLE AUCTIONS

In NY and NJ and some other states that I know of for sure, you have a right of first refusal to buy the car back from the insurance for the figure they give you. You have to sign a release to sell the car to the insurance for the settlement amount so they cannot settle the claim with you until you do so. It does vary state to state. I would think most states you have the right since its your car in the first place.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Ouch! Thank goodness you weren't injured. It sucks that you couldn't get the car off the road in time to beat the storm.

My gf was driving to work two weeks ago during a snowstorm and saw a GT500 on the side of the road. I was floored that someone would ever attempt driving one in the snow. That's terrible luck that you got stuck in it. You could always take the insurance money and save for a GT-350R.

imagejpg1_zps2f2b0e20.jpg

ObieFox

Established Member
That is totaled IMO. That shot to the front looks to have shoved everything around including the drive train. You need to take a close look at the engine and tranny mounts etc... I think it is a parts car at best with no "track car" future at all.

I bought a Jeep TJ back that my son totaled last year. It is a pretty simple process in Ohio and the price was fair given the quality of the jeep and the extent of the damage. There was no frame damage so we put a new body on it over the winter. Very simple compared to what you are faced with on the GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread