Wrench Light!!

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I have a Moroso catch can on my car. It's been on for a few weeks. Yesterday, I'm coming down an on ramp to the expressway and my car goes into limp mode and throws a check engine light. I pulled over to the shoulder immediately and popped the hood with the car still running. I don't see anything obviously wrong, so I open the drain valve at the bottom of the catch can just for shits. No oil came out, but it was sucking air like crazy. I put my finger next to it and it sucked my finger right to drain pipe. Good thing all the hoses are push lock. I was able to disconnect the catch can and return the PCV system to stock in a couple minutes. Anybody have any idea what is going on here?

I just hooked up my SCT to check for codes, none found

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Wrench light isn't the check engine light. If you got a wrench light, it has something to do with your electronic throttle body, at least that's what the owner's manual said lol

csb85

Established Member
Yeah it has to do with the throttle body. I had it happen to me once, hit the rev limiter and the wrench light came on car went into limp mode. I thought i blew my motor at first. Pulled over popped the hood found nothing wrong. Turned the car off restarted it and it hasn't happened since.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Glad to hear its a throttle body thing and not something related to the PCV system. After thinking about it, it would make sense that my catch can would be sucking air with the motor running. I don't know why that freaked me out.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
sometimes the light will come on every once in a while for what seems to be no reason,

shut the car off, then back on, and fine

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I had a loose air intake tube throw a wrench light a few times.

Just had this happen. Soon as I got the hood open I was like okay maybe this is one of or all of the problems Im having now. Had codes p0300 and p0304 being shown before I cleared them. Will try to ride around tomorrow to see if they go away for good.

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
I seem to only get the wrench light when I'm going down hill and I throw the car into neutral. It's the strangest thing and almost happens consistently. I just leave it in 6th gear now and it never comes on. It's happened enough for me that I just turn the car off then back on real quick while still driving. Then it's fine of course.

Users who are viewing this thread