WTB: 03/04 cobra, black, built, coupe, ready to buy!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well good luck with your future car man.. It's going to be hard to find a car with a built motor, black, high end wheels, huge turbo or centri, or big t/s, etc etc for a price that you'll like lol.. But either way good luck

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Well good luck with your future car man.. It's going to be hard to find a car with a built motor, black, high end wheels, huge turbo or centri, or big t/s, etc etc for a price that you'll like lol.. But either way good luck

haha I'm well aware of that. The high-end wheels are a plus! Most of the time built motor+turbo,centri,big TS go hand in hand. But thanks man! I'm sure I'll need it lol

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Still got mine

Yea I saw that, you have an almost perfect car! ONLY problem with yours is that it's a relatively low/stock compression. If I was to tear off the TS and throw a centri or turbo on it, I'd have to get new pistons as well. AKA it would cost me a ****load to re-build it. If I decide to settle for TS, I love your car!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
lol my car is 8.6 compression and my car is no slouch lol.. You do realize that 1 point of compression isn't worth that much HP.. I'm almost 99% sure people just bump the compression to 9.5 to say that they did.. There is so much involved in dynamic compression.. My old motor was 9.3 iirc and I went down in compression.. I never noticed 1 bit any type of power drop at all..

SVTCobra60

Established Member
lol my car is 8.6 compression and my car is no slouch lol.. You do realize that 1 point of compression isn't worth that much HP.. I'm almost 99% sure people just bump the compression to 9.5 to say that they did.. There is so much involved in dynamic compression.. My old motor was 9.3 iirc and I went down in compression.. I never noticed 1 bit any type of power drop at all..

The difference between having a compression of 8.5 to a 9.5 or 10 could definitely be descent. The centri just doesn't shine down low. Long runners will help that, but a boosted compression will definitely change that as well. Figure a 1-1.5 increase in compression would yield about 6% increase TQ throughout the curve. Than considering your adding the FI of the centri it augments that further. Is it a HUGE difference, no. But it would be a descent difference.

Also, I don't think someone would spend a grand on pistons to just "say" they did. lol

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Depending on where they set there cams at is going to have a big factor too. It's not just the pistons. You got the pistons, cams, heads, head gasket thickness etc.. All I'm saying is from 8:5 to 9:5 the power increase isn't that much.. You get closer to the 10.1 then yea a bit more.. anyways best of luck :)

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Depending on where they set there cams at is going to have a big factor too. It's not just the pistons. You got the pistons, cams, heads, head gasket thickness etc.. All I'm saying is from 8:5 to 9:5 the power increase isn't that much.. You get closer to the 10.1 then yea a bit more.. anyways best of luck :)

Yes very true! I definitely wouldn't be going with stock cams. I don't want to mess with the head gasket thickness or combustion chamber for fear of engine death loll. We both are right in our own ways, so I'll respectfully agree lol. Thanks!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
lol no problem man. I wasn't trying to argue by anymeans.. I hope you find what your looking for.. I'd kill for V8ders car.. IDK if you've seen it or not but it's nnnnaaasssttttyyy

SVTCobra60

Established Member
lol no problem man. I wasn't trying to argue by anymeans.. I hope you find what your looking for.. I'd kill for V8ders car.. IDK if you've seen it or not but it's nnnnaaasssttttyyy

Me too bro. LOL...Hard Drive --> Downloads --> Images --> WOW. And there is his car loll. Probably the sickest black cobra ever.

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
You do realize why everyone wants a termi? stock built and forged motor that is REILABLE. I dont care who builds the motor at the end of the time a car with the amount of mods you want is a car a guy or shop pierced together. Verus a car with a built motor engineered by a company (ford). A lot more testing etc. is done by a company. These motors are making 800 hp stock all day safe. I suggest you by a stock motor with maybe a KB on it. Otherwise unless you build cars, (changing your own oil is not building a car) your gonna be in for a long show. :pop:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
You do realize why everyone wants a termi? stock built and forged motor that is REILABLE. I dont care who builds the motor at the end of the time a car with the amount of mods you want is a car a guy or shop pierced together. Verus a car with a built motor engineered by a company (ford). A lot more testing etc. is done by a company. These motors are making 800 hp stock all day safe. I suggest you by a stock motor with maybe a KB on it. Otherwise unless you build cars, (changing your own oil is not building a car) your gonna be in for a long show. :pop:

800RWHP stock RELIABLE, your joking? lol, Or you can stop suggesting things and stay out of my thread unless you have something productive to add to it. I don't remember stating in the OP whether or not you agree with what I am looking for. But thanks anyway!:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread