WTB: Stock H-Pipe/Cats Cobra $$$

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
They arent really worth much for how small they are. little ones were last time i check 10-15 bucks and the medium ones were 20-25..

MattBrown0761

Established Member
They arent really worth much for how small they are. little ones were last time i check 10-15 bucks and the medium ones were 20-25..

thanks for your input...i'd like to find this guys magical recycling center that pays as much as he says....especially with metals in a freefall due to the quake in japan. and obviously if you don't want to sell i'm not twisting anyones arm here...some people it's just taking up space in the garage and they want to get rid of it..

If i'm doing anything wrong, by all means remove my post. First of all, we don't have these so called "recycling centers" here in the northeast. Even if we did I'm sure they would not be paying $280 for a stock H-pipe. I DARE any memeber to take there h-pipe to a scrapyard and see what they will pay you for it. I'm not on here trying to rip people off, if I was getting $280 for an H-pipe I would obviously offer more for it. Maybe i'm dealing with the wrong people, but last time I checked there is no place in the world paying $280 on these and if so i'd like the website or adress.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I think i have 5 h pipe s with cats off a mustang.. I ll ship them to you for the $150x5=750 shipped. send me a pm if interested.

MattBrown0761

Established Member
I just finished a transaction with this man and it was legit. Good guy to work with.

thanks man.

and to neotok again, i'm not on here trying to rip people off i make about $50 on each h-pipe at the most, right now it's only about $40, is that highway robbery for investing $150 of my money? not to mention the amount if times i've been scammed on the online forums, that takes away significantly....

NeoTokyo

Established Member
B&N Recycling in Springfield Mo.

They are giving $80 each for the rears and $60 each for the fronts.
Like I said, I myself recycled a mangled midpipe and got that.

Your still taking advantage of those who dont know better when they can easily go down and scrap them on their own.

Not all places pay the same or grade the same but you get more if you offer in bulk rather than in a few here or there.

Bottom line, your not here to help our community, your here to feed - a blood sucking leech.

Last edited:

SVT5.4L

Established Member
dude get a life. stay out of this mans thread what the hell is your problem. who effing cares what he does with them after he buys them they are HIS to do with as he pleases. as far as i'm concerned he's helping the community just fine i had an old hpipe sitting in my garage for over 2 years and got 100 bucks for it, that's awesome! I don't have time to go down and wait in line at a scrap yard for a couple extra dollars, why not help this man out at the same time. the only person not helping this community is you by constantly trolling this mans thread. if you have a problem pm him or better yet F**K OFF. sorry OP, but some people... just sigh.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
dude get a life. stay out of this mans thread what the hell is your problem. who effing cares what he does with them after he buys them they are HIS to do with as he pleases. as far as i'm concerned he's helping the community just fine i had an old hpipe sitting in my garage for over 2 years and got 100 bucks for it, that's awesome! I don't have time to go down and wait in line at a scrap yard for a couple extra dollars, why not help this man out at the same time. the only person not helping this community is you by constantly trolling this mans thread. if you have a problem pm him or better yet F**K OFF. sorry OP, but some people... just sigh.

Man your a moron...
Since when is there a line to recycle scrap?
The most I have had to wait is for three people and its an in and out deal.

I am helping the community so they dont get screwed before knowing they can make more and spend less time by just going down to scrap it. If they are like me, they wont scrap a good midpipe and just wait for someone to need it.

My 04' is in near perfect shape, no way would I scrap it. I want someone to use it since I have no use for it.

Why dont your tell me what takes more time and effort with the best return you tarded n00b.

Option A:
Grab your H-Pipe and go to the scrap yard.
Hand over H-Pipe, get about $280.
Drive home happy with easy cash.

Option B:
Post an Ad on SVTP or other forums or CL.
Meet someone and sell the Midpipe for a decent price.
Drive home happy with more cash than option C and knowing that your parts are still used.

Option C:
Wait for $150 to get in your Paypal.
Transfer paypal to bank and wait 3-5 business days for it to clear.
Go to your bank, wait in line and take $60 out for all the flat rate boxes (Now ya have $90!)
Go grab 4 flat rate boxes and some Pennysavers to pack with.
Cut cats from the H-pipe
Dispose of remaining H-Pipe
Clean up mess
Pack each cat into each box with wodded up newspapers.
Drive to the Post Office, wait in line and mail them off.
Drive home pissed with $90 hard earned dollars after figuring out you just gave USPS $60 to ship and gave this other guy the rest of the profit for doing nothing.

Hey NeoTokyo, do you still have the H-Pipe? And is it from a Gt or Cobra?

Btw, I'm located in Sac too :beer:

Its from an 04 Cobra, I will be coming back out to Sacramento this summer if you still need it at that time. Cali has strict laws about buying used cats though so be careful.

Last edited:

SVT5.4L

Established Member
my point was what he does with his purchase and wether he profits from it or not shouldn't concern you, this is a free market economy. if he wants to play middle man so be it, i do not mind supporting him. what he is doing is a good idea and if you don't agree with it nobody deservs to be publically bashed for doing absolutuly nothing wrong. no different than any other business in the world. for what its worth my fedex ground label for 4converters in a box was 17.90.
and of course my deal was rectified - not that thats any of your business either. please show some respect is all i ask. suppose you came up with a potentially lucrative idea only to have someone come in and try and steer others away publically as if they have an agenda against you and for no reason!

fwiw, my deal with mattbrown was smooth, easy and problem free. good luck buddy, i will stay out of this thread now unless of course i come across another midpipe for ya - take care

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
I kno tell me about it bro.. I need it to pass my smog since I wasn't given a stock H pipe from the previous owner.. Be rest assured that I won't scrap the cats..

NeoTokyo

Established Member
my point was what he does with his purchase and wether he profits from it or not shouldn't concern you, this is a free market economy. if he wants to play middle man so be it, i do not mind supporting him. what he is doing is a good idea and if you don't agree with it nobody deservs to be publically bashed for doing absolutuly nothing wrong. no different than any other business in the world. for what its worth my fedex ground label for 4converters in a box was 17.90.
and of course my deal was rectified - not that thats any of your business either. please show some respect is all i ask. suppose you came up with a potentially lucrative idea only to have someone come in and try and steer others away publically as if they have an agenda against you and for no reason!

fwiw, my deal with mattbrown was smooth, easy and problem free. good luck buddy, i will stay out of this thread now unless of course i come across another midpipe for ya - take care

Hey, if you like throwing money out the window then thats your thing but he came on here at first acting like he needed it because he NEEDED it, not the money out of it.

I know what free market is but I dont try to hide my intentions when making a deal. I do a lot of buying and selling of Canon DSLR equipment and make good money at it, but I never lie about what I am doing. His intentions only came out after pointing them out.

As for your past bad dealings, it is everyone's business because it happened here on the forums and its posted in your itrader for every last one of us to see.

I kno tell me about it bro.. I need it to pass my smog since I wasn't given a stock H pipe from the previous owner.. Be rest assured that I won't scrap the cats..

Yup, thats why I keep a close eye out for low mile perfect midpipes so I have a spare or two when I get back to California.

I dont need my 04' right now, when I come out in May or June your free to buy her.

There is a shop that might be able to pass you if you get two after market cats. They wont care as long as it passes the sniffer.
PM me so I can give you directions.

MattBrown0761

Established Member
ok, i sign on after 4 days and i see more posts in my thread from people bickering than anything else. PLEASE TAKE IT ELSEWHERE. Neotokyo, do you feel like a hero by posting in here multiple times? I honestly can't fathom a person having as much free time as you have, posting incredibly long posts to avoid people selling me used H-pipes. You already said what you had to say. I already retorted with the fact that you are obviously smoking crack if you think people are paying $280 for these H-pipes. If you are serious post the phone number of the place, and people feel free to call. It's a complete joke. It's out in the open, i'm not hiding anything. You should go apply for a job as a police offer, or possibly a secret shopper at TJ Maxx or something. You are obviously looking to fill a void in your sorry a55 life. Ok, so people call this place in magical fairy land that neotokyo is asking about how much the mustang h-pipe is worth. Take it to your local scrap yard PLEASE and see what they will pay you. God, i'm even advocating for what neotokyo is saying...he just doesn't get it...

Last edited:

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
Yup, thats why I keep a close eye out for low mile perfect midpipes so I have a spare or two when I get back to California.

I dont need my 04' right now, when I come out in May or June your free to buy her.

There is a shop that might be able to pass you if you get two after market cats. They wont care as long as it passes the sniffer.
PM me so I can give you directions.

pm sent :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread