Yay!!! 2013 Mustang GT rear-axle leaking

vortecd

Established Member
Do a search, it is common. The leak is from the breather on the top of the tube. I found fluid on mine, wiped it off, and it seems fine now.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Yep, TSB part looks like a mini turkey baster, that and lowering the fluid level a little bit per the TSB takes care of it.

attz0r

On a quest
Established Member
Lol I was freaking out today when I went under my car to put on some new struts and saw that the axle was soaked. Funny this thread should be basicly preposted for me.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Doesnt sound anything new its always been the vent no big deal. Better full than low.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I believe the tsb is not the turkey baster anymore that they where useing. I believe they use thread sealer on the threads and have you check the fluid level and adjust level.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vortecd

Established Member
yeah. I just wish I knew what size nipple screws into the axle.

Why not take the vent out the axle tube and screw it into the top of the new cover you have and just cap of the tube? I bet they are the same thread.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Why not take the vent out the axle tube and screw it into the top of the new cover you have and just cap of the tube? I bet they are the same thread.

i hope not. the vent thread on the axle cover is 7/16 20. Home Depot doesn't have that shit.

EazyIce

Established Member
Well the car is done and the seal replaced. If I upgraded the differential cover to the Ford Racing one, would I have this same problem? I haven't seen where the seal is exactly.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Well the car is done and the seal replaced. If I upgraded the differential cover to the Ford Racing one, would I have this same problem? I haven't seen where the seal is exactly.

the vent still leaks with the frpp diff cover. I was appalled at the condition of the stock fluid. looked and felt like river mud.

Users who are viewing this thread