You guys ever get Busted

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4thunder04

ugetu12
Established Member
I got one on my cbr 954rr before selling because of the tickect. I was doing 174 in a 65 and got caught by the getto bird and they chase me and set up a road block and $1600 later and 100 hour of comunnity service I sold the bike. I gotto one in the L for speed contest. but went to court and got it reduce to a seat infraction.

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
was on vacation in MD(where i grew up) and was drivin a Freinds car( a 2006-7 eclipse). It was a girls car so i told her to let me race this kid so i can show her how to drive a stick. well i was racing my freind who had a 2001 audi a4, i didnt see the cop that was 100 ft. behind us......(it was night), i got pulled over and my freind got away.
3 tickets, 1.racing, 2. excessive speeding, 3. spinning wheels.

The first thing the cop said was "are you proud of yourself". what a dick.
I felt like telling him i own a cobra and this crap 4banger is nothing to me.....

'01 Bolt

Close The Borders!!
Established Member
Got one the weekend that i got my 93 Fox, I was racing an older built Nova from a light in town... Light went green we took off, met the cop about 300 yards up the road, after he crested the hill..He pulled a u-turn and we both just pulled into a parking lot, he went all out too.. before it was over there were 4 more cops there.. I guess we were the most desperate criminals of the night..No tickets though.. Hired lawyer paid his fee, showed up for court, my lawyer comes out about 10 minutes before we were due to go in and tells me to go home.. He got them to drop charges.. I didn't ask any questions, I said cool thanked him and got the hell outta there.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
ive had plenty of tickets in my time, but the worst was a 74 in a 35. i was 17 and racing a guy in my mustang (6cyl.. lol) we were on the way out of town and the guy i was racing with kept going on the highway and i tried to pull into a side road and hide, but the cop must have seen me and got me for speeding only, the other guy got away. i was pissed that i didnt keep going on the highway like the guy that got away.

i only got one ticket while on the bike though and that was for speeding up in mass. the other times i either got out of it, or just plain got away. now im much smarter, and my eyes are much sharper when i decide i want to play around so i dont get caught as much.

my poor brother got hammered on his bike out in cali though. he was riding through the desert on an empty highway that went straight for miles so he whipped up a wheelie. he saw a car in the far distance, but didnt worry about it as it was so far away. he set the wheelie down, and sees the car still coming at him and he realizes its a cop and then the cop locked up his brakes and pulled sideways in the road so my brother couldnt go past. the guy was a real dick too from what he said. cop gave him a recklass driving ticket, and something else i dont remember. my brother had to pay thousands in fines, and had enough community service that he had to work every weekend (full weekends) from june until oct. that was a raw ****ing deal for doing a wheelie out in the desert. oh well, thats how it goes sometimes.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
that was a raw ****ing deal for doing a wheelie out in the desert. oh well, thats how it goes sometimes.

Ever had to clean up the mess after a high speed wheelie gone bad?

Bird

bmfgsxr

Established Member
nope, but thats not really the point. point is that 5 months of weekends(300 hours), suspended license so you now have to take a friggen bus to different locations every weekend for lame ass community service, etc. $2000 in fines, plus $1500 for a lawyer, (nevermind ins. increases) is a bit excessive for something like that. people who get busted for street racing, or doing over 100mph dont get fined that heavy. the cop was a real asshole and made sure to hammer him in court. i have a lot of respect for law enforcement, i was almost going to be a cop myself. i have my degree in criminal justice, took plenty of law enforcement tests, physicals, mental, etc.. got my call and declined it for a few reasons. i have good friends in law enforcement, and i know what goes on. this guy, and the judge for that matter had a hardon for anyone riding a sportbike.

porsen

The Dane
Established Member
Got busted for "laying drags". Was turning right on red and instead of waiting for the traffic to pass I decided to get on it and jump infront of traffic. Doing so my inner wheel started spinning and one of the cars approaching from the right was a cop. Tried to argue that my limited slip differential was broken but he didn't buy that :)
Since the citation was in the same league as reckless driving and racing I hired a $500 lawyer who managed to get me a deal just involving traffic school. No fine, no points and I get better milage now!

KYLightning02

Established Member
charliehustle said:
That is tooooo funny!!! Was it your Bday? :beer:

LOL if you are talken to me it was actually 3 days before my b-day and 5 before christmas needless to say that was a great week :banana:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
KYLightning02 said:
Well lets see i have been pulled over 5 times and got away with all warnings and 1 time i borrowed my friends cobra for the weekend because i sold my car and was picking up the Beautiful L the next day and a little Z-28 wanted to race i gave in to temptation and we went at it to about 110 or so when bam 2 cops pulled out on us at night and one took off after the Z because i slowed down and the other pulled me i was scared Sh**less and when the cop came up and looked at me he laughed and said "so you still coming to the dealership to pick up the lightning tomarrow" lol he was the owner of the ford dealer where the L was and he is a deputy in my town so he was like i am glad you kicked that Chevy's ass or i might have giving you a ticket but it was really funny he let me go and i picked up the truck the next day he didnt tell my dad Thank GOD

Hahaha, that's damn funny!

I don't really have any stories with my L and police.......yet.

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
Well there was once time I was HOPING to get busted

So there is a family in our city very, very, very wealthy family. Well there grandpa recently purchased a 2004 Ferrari 360 F1 edition :bowdown: . His grandson is in my grade and we are friends. He calls me up one day and says he has the ferrari for the night and he knows how I went 140+ in the Lightning and says (I'll never forget this) "if your available you can come over and push it's limits" INSTANT WOOD!! I was thinking when the hell else am I going to have the opertunity to drive a $160,000 ferrari much less "push it's limits" Obviously I go over, we drive out to the highway and then he lets me drive I was going a 100 for a while, (NO one out) and he says "you going to push it?" I'm like ok put it back in 4 hammer down hit 5th around 120 hit 6th around 150 and keep it going look down the speedo was a little over 160!! :banana: Not only could she have gone faster, the thing was SO stable. It's defiantly something I'll never forget. Afterwards driving home I was like man that would be a sweet ass ticket to get and frame. The officer would be like, "Sir, you were going 164 in a 60" LOL Man was that fun!

BlackL2001

Established Member
Yup. I now have my license suspended for 3 months for getting 3 tickets within 8 months of havin my license. All because of this stupid, no good, bad gas mileage gettin, fast as shit, girl gettin, rice smokin truck. Ha...I love my lightning.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
BlackL2001 said:
Yup. I now have my license suspended for 3 months for getting 3 tickets within 8 months of havin my license. All because of this stupid, no good, bad gas mileage gettin, fast as shit, girl gettin, rice smokin truck. Ha...I love my lightning.

Been there too

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
01RedLightning said:
So there is a family in our city very, very, very wealthy family. Well there grandpa recently purchased a 2004 Ferrari 360 F1 edition :bowdown: . His grandson is in my grade and we are friends. He calls me up one day and says he has the ferrari for the night and he knows how I went 140+ in the Lightning and says (I'll never forget this) "if your available you can come over and push it's limits" INSTANT WOOD!! I was thinking when the hell else am I going to have the opertunity to drive a $160,000 ferrari much less "push it's limits" Obviously I go over, we drive out to the highway and then he lets me drive I was going a 100 for a while, (NO one out) and he says "you going to push it?" I'm like ok put it back in 4 hammer down hit 5th around 120 hit 6th around 150 and keep it going look down the speedo was a little over 160!! :banana: Not only could she have gone faster, the thing was SO stable. It's defiantly something I'll never forget. Afterwards driving home I was like man that would be a sweet ass ticket to get and frame. The officer would be like, "Sir, you were going 164 in a 60" LOL Man was that fun!

That is just freaking awesome!

BlackL2001 said:

Hahaha, thats funny as hell. (you know...the second part, sorry to hear about the tickets man)

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I was doing 174 in a 65 and got caught by the getto bird

:eek:

I've been a dumb kid. Got so many I can't count them. But these days you can find me putting along at the posted limit. Anytime.. anyplace.

Rich :coolman:

Dixiesys

Established Member
In my time (got my license on my 16th birthday and I'm 34 this Oct) I've been pulled over "more than" 50 times. Mostly stupid crap, no signal, headlight out, passing in a no passing, etc etc, I drove Dominos in my younger years and we got pulled over a LOT but they didn't usually give a ticket unless we REALLY asked for it (ticket while working = no deliveries for you for a while and no tips and the local cops knew that and wouldn't screw you with a ticket unless you just asked for it).

50 times pulled over, (more than 50 maybe 60?) 2 tickets, both were your typical small town 3 car squad who milk a main road for traffic fines. You're puttering along on a 4 lane road with a (then) 55mph limit, and behind a tree/sign/other obstacle is an almost covered up 35mph limit sign for no real reason other than "you are now entering Trinity Alabama" (or Athens Alabama where ticket #1 was when I was 17) and a cop right behind it with a radar ready for out of town sheep to fleece, I make it a point anytime I'm going up 72 to Memphis to never stop in Trinity for ANYTHING, gas, food, NOTHING, and I haven't since that ticket (1995 or 1996) spent a single dime there, yeah I know they're probably crying but hey, what else can I do for vengeance, my attacks are pretty much limited to buying my Whoppers on runs to Memphis elsewhere :D

My favorite was when my wife got one for 71 in a 60, which WAS a 65 the last time we went thru there a month or so before! The state trooper admitted "yes we lowered the limit recently" and also admitted he was working under a quota "we have to reduce accidents here by a set number" "oh you mean you have a QUOTA" "I didn't say that..."

I've yet to be pulled over in the truck though :)

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
Hmm -

1. Unlawful exhibition of speed. (Cookies on a freeway at 4am lol)
2. Careless driving (untrue, I always cared about getting caught)
3. Wreckless driving (deliberately ramming my friends car off the road, drunk :(
4. Attempting to elude (my luck, ducked into a driveway, cop lived there lol)
5. Open container (canteens filled with Old English lol)
6. Lewd behavior in public (not sure of wording, peeing on the side of the road).
7. Noise statute - exhaust - as in I cut the whole exhaust off with a hacksaw
8. Worse speed ticket per se I think was 65 in a 20, driving on the beach, literally
9. Tinted windows :( - bored cop that time
10. A cop 'made up' some BS ticket one time when I was driving legally - a friend wrote "I hate pigs they can all suck ####" in the dirt on the back of my car. I believe he was drunk when he did this, but unfortunately his lettering was very clear and could be read from a good 100' away. I was not aware of this when the cop pulled me over of course. For some odd reason, the cop was not amused and did not believe my story that I did not do that to my own car. So he made up a story that I had just flew through a school zone and nearly hit some kids. I did not do that at all, but I was impressed at how creative he was about the ticket. He was upset, I understood.

In my youth I got by with a lot. Also had as many as 44 tickets outstanding at once. My roommates and I had a contest going. I won 'most tickets.'

8 out of 10 of the above tickets were dismissed because I showed up for court, but the cop(s) did not. Charmed life I guess.

I kind of feel sorry for you young guys. (I am 44). I used to enjoy driving down sidewalks, lawnjobs, running into parked cars ... nowadays you can't get by with anything! Everytime I just chirp the tires in the L - there's a cop. Sucks. I heard there is such a thing as a 'track' - gonna have to try that out some day. Afraid to because I know I will absolutely love it and obsess over winning at all 'costs' lol.

Last edited:

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
I got pulled over on the way to work yesterday for doing 60 mph in a 35 mph zone. It was six in the morning and there wasn't any other traffic around so the motorcycle officer (who was hiding behind a bush in the center island when he clocked my on his radar) was a nice guy and let me go with a warning. It didn't hurt that I had my city uniform on and he was working for the same city. He asked me if I was going to work and I told him yes and he handed my drivers license back and told me to slow down. I have not exceeded the speed limit since and it's killing me. :-D

Daino1

Banned
I got a wreckless driving ticket for doing a burnout leaving the Lebanon Valley Speedway parking lot after the filming of PINKS......my roomate was behind me in his WS6...he got the same ticket. 4pts!!! for a burnout??? you can actually watch our burnouts along with everyone else who was there bc I was filming for my doc filmaking class. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/24209871-5bea-41a8-83e1-9a060169466e.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread