Z06 Couldn't Keep Up!!

4.6cobra

Black cobra
Established Member
First off I know everyone here is going to call this little incident B/S. But I don't care because it was a total blast. Last night coming back from Boston in that beautiful 32F weather I ran into a dark blue z06, the new one. First of all I kept on driving behind it and at the side of it to make sure it was a z06. Then I kept on reving my engine to get the driver going, and it worked. We were in traffic coasting at about 60mph and kept on doing nose dives just to see which car took off faster. Later we hit a open highway on I93 and from then I see him from behind me moving over pretty fast to the right lane and trying to pass me.So I slammed it into 3rd and then to 4th and at the top of 4th the z06 was a car legnth behind me at the next lane NOT ABLE TO PASS OR KEEP UP!! I was very slowly gaining distance on him from what I can see from my side view mirror. This blast lasted 6 seconds and I would of guessed that a Z06 would of at least blew by a 490rwh/506rwt cobra. He finally passed me when I braked on the top of 4th gear because of traffic and being the typical chevy guy flew through the breakdown lane and never saw him again. I was happy that he couldn't keep up and also disappointed in the $79,000 sports car that can't keep up with a modded cobra. This was the second vette I ran into this week. Maybe the 32F weather works wonders for these cars because my car felt pretty fast last night.
Well anyways just wanted to share my experieince that I had last night.

skunk50

Established Member
good kill. but what does the $79k price tag have anything to do with the kill other than he's more :pimp: than you.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
he's happy with his kill, let him enjoy it..... we all fell that way at one time or another.....

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
4.6cobra said:
First off I know everyone here is going to call this little incident B/S. But I don't care because it was a total blast. Last night coming back from Boston in that beautiful 32F weather I ran into a dark blue z06, the new one. First of all I kept on driving behind it and at the side of it to make sure it was a z06. Then I kept on reving my engine to get the driver going, and it worked. We were in traffic coasting at about 60mph and kept on doing nose dives just to see which car took off faster. Later we hit a open highway on I93 and from then I see him from behind me moving over pretty fast to the right lane and trying to pass me.So I slammed it into 3rd and then to 4th and at the top of 4th the z06 was a car legnth behind me at the next lane NOT ABLE TO PASS OR KEEP UP!! I was very slowly gaining distance on him from what I can see from my side view mirror. This blast lasted 6 seconds and I would of guessed that a Z06 would of at least blew by a 490rwh/506rwt cobra. He finally passed me when I braked on the top of 4th gear because of traffic and being the typical chevy guy flew through the breakdown lane and never saw him again. I was happy that he couldn't keep up and also disappointed in the $79,000 sports car that can't keep up with a modded cobra. This was the second vette I ran into this week. Maybe the 32F weather works wonders for these cars because my car felt pretty fast last night.
Well anyways just wanted to share my experieince that I had last night.

Dude...I believe you! I had a run in with a Daytona orange 06/07 Z06. I pulled 1/2 car ahead of him and he could never pass that decifeit. Before I knew it, I was going 145 and let off. Knowing how to drive the car makes a world of difference. I slammed mine from 6th to 4th. If I would have dropped the hammer down to 3rd, I probbly would have pulled 1 or 2 cars. My 03 has 494 rwhp and 518 rwtq. Awesome kill! Those cars are fast right off the show room floor!

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Maybe the Z06 accidentally downshifted from 6th to 5th instead of 3rd like he intended.

I've done this before and unintentionally became a victim of a "kill story" on a ricer forum. :shrug:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
THE FLASH said:
My 03 has 494 rwhp and 518 rwtq. Awesome kill! Those cars are fast right off the show room floor!

Wow, that driver must have sucked balls. Same with the thread starter. You definately beat the driver. But what good is a fast car without a good driver?

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Good kill. If the guy with the Z06 doesn't know how to drive his own car, he deserves to get beat.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
4.6cobra said:
I was disappointed in the $79,000 sports car that can't keep up with a modded cobra.

And the guy with a 10 sec Civic who spent less than a total of 15K would also be dissapointed when he walks by a modded, 40K Cobra. Your point?..:xpl:

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
Well if Ranger had been driving you would have lost by a couple of train lengths :lol:

Otherwise great kill because this 32 degree weather I've learned is almost like having a small shot so it seems.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
I don't see how this is a race.. It's not like you both started next to each other and took off at the same time. He was behind you and you gunned it when you think he was trying to pass you.. How is that a "Good Kill"?

Why didn't you just pull up next to him and start honking instead of just taking off?

shocker 420

Established Member
Good kill.

But, not to piss you off, but it kinda just sounds like he was trying to pass you... then you downshifted into 3rd and took off. Then he started playing catch-up...

Users who are viewing this thread