Z06 Couldn't Keep Up!!

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
There is one thing stated in his paragraph that know one has caught yet - it was 32 degrees out! The supercharged cobras pick up a lot of power in cold air. Mine feels night and day starting from about 60 degrees and colder. Cold air with appropriate tuning = big power!

C6 Z06

Established Member
zinc03svt said:
There is one thing stated in his paragraph that know one has caught yet - it was 32 degrees out! The supercharged cobras pick up a lot of power in cold air. Mine feels night and day starting from about 60 degrees and colder. Cold air with appropriate tuning = big power!

Yes, my vettes hate the cold air. The colder it is the slower they get!:-D

baldNittos04

Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
Why didn't you just pull up next to him and start honking instead of just taking off?

because most people aren't street racerzz and just look at you like your ****ing retarded when you do that.

skunk50

Established Member
baldNittos04 said:
because most people aren't street racerzz and just look at you like your ****ing retarded when you do that.

yea that's true too.

gnxs

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Strange, with 600 RWHP you should be pulling him pretty good. I'd say ~2+ cars from 60-140. :shrug:

I was 1.5 cars behind my friends C6 Z 50-140 when he was stock, and I'm 516 RWHP.

After he got his MTI Stage I kit, making ~500 RWHP he ran a 585 RWHP KB Cobra and it was very close to even, with the Z06 being a hair faster.
I was behind Jeff (10th03Cobra) when one of his encounters with Ryan (C6 Z06 owner) took place. My Cobra makes similar rwhp to Jeff's Cobra (I've trapped 131) and was barely creeping up on Ryan's stock Z06. We all hit it at about 60-65 mph and I believe we all started in 3rd gear (well me and Jeff did at least). The race ended at the top of 4th (~135 mph) and nobody had gained/lost more than about 3/4ths of a car length.

While I've soundly beaten two C6 Z06's from a dig (I run MT DRs), those cars are stupid fast from a roll (even stock).

Last edited:

gnxs

Established Member
10th03Cobra said:
That is what I thought, he might have a factory freak or something. Plus he was banging gears pretty hard at redline. I was not powershifting or anything.

Here is my car running a Bolt On C5 Zo6 and I did pretty well...

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/My Z06/SpdKilz vs Ford GT vs Cobra.wmv

Actually Jeff (and as the video points out), Carleton's car has heads/cam. BTW, it's also trapped 123mph. It's a bit more than a bolt-on car. :)

slow94gt

Slow for now
Established Member
Um, Since when is a brand new z06 80k. They're 65k, and after taxes they come out to around 72. And I have a hard time believing that you OR a VERT cobra ( 200 lbs more than a coupe ) beat a stock z06. They dyno around 470/440 and weigh 3100 lbs. Those drivers sucks insurmountable ass.

88lx351coupe

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Yes, my vettes hate the cold air. The colder it is the slower they get!:-D

I would put my money on a forced induced car to produce more power on a chilly night like that than a naturally aspirated car.

those stock Z06s are monsters, hopefully I can get a Ford GT soon that I can play with them :thumbsup:

C6 Z06

Established Member
slow94gt said:
Um, Since when is a brand new z06 80k. They're 65k, and after taxes they come out to around 72. And I have a hard time believing that you OR a VERT cobra ( 200 lbs more than a coupe ) beat a stock z06. They dyno around 470/440 and weigh 3100 lbs. Those drivers sucks insurmountable ass.

That was true untill GM added more "vette tax" . They upped the price a few months ago almost 4k more. Tax now brings a 2LZ package to the high 70's to 80k mark. Sucks!

C6 Z06

Established Member
speedster901 said:
Ill take the four seater for about 25,000 over the 2 seater at 79,000 all day long. Good kill.

When spending 79k feels like 25, then you will probally change your mind. Better yet, then you buy both. :-D

Almo

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
See, there ya go with the personification of an about to be vette owner!!:p :-D What's up Allen? :beer:

Yeah right... trying to fit in already. LOL. :D

Happy Holidays and Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread