Z06 Couldn't Keep Up!!

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
I would take a slow new Z06 any day and love it if I ever got beat by a cobra. I love those cars... Remember, there is always a faster car.... ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice Kill.... I own a Cobra, but I'd like a Z06, although I think it's dumb they are all hardtops... that's gay... a targa top Z06 would be smooth.... who wants a hardtop, when 95% of vettes are targa tops..... I am more of a crusier myself... I like the open feel of a targa top or vert.... oh well.. still pretty sweet...

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
StangJason said:
Well if Ranger had been driving you would have lost by a couple of train lengths :lol:

Except that several others now are in the 10's with ZO6's with just a tune & Tire..:shrug:

And a half dozen others have equalled his low 11 sec times with bone stockers.:read:

Good kill though.. A 500 rwhp Cobra should have no problem at least holding off a new ZO6. I would expect nothing less.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
not that i dont believe you, but all you dudes with the awsome kill stories have to learn to carry a camera in your car ALL THE TIME, that way there is no doubt in the credibility of your story.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Wow, that driver must have sucked balls. Same with the thread starter. You definately beat the driver. But what good is a fast car without a good driver?

+1!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
EvanStang said:
I would take a slow new Z06 any day and love it if I ever got beat by a cobra. I love those cars... Remember, there is always a faster car.... ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice Kill.... I own a Cobra, but I'd like a Z06, although I think it's dumb they are all hardtops... that's gay... a targa top Z06 would be smooth.... who wants a hardtop, when 95% of vettes are targa tops..... I am more of a crusier myself... I like the open feel of a targa top or vert.... oh well.. still pretty sweet...

Unlike the cobra, the ZO-6 is a true "sports car". It's meant to be as fast as possible within reason. I personally love the fact that they don't come in verts. That would be like offering a convertible Cobra R.

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
FYI - My race with my buddies C6 Zo6. His was bone stock with 1k miles on it. My cars runs 11.20's at 130 with 20 psi on a 2.2 Kenne Bell, approx 600+ rwhp.

My buddy and I went form a 60 mph roll door to door even launch in 3rd gear. I pulled about one car on him off the hit and he starting coming back very slowly. We went into 5th gear and that is when his nose was on my front fender when we let off. Those cars move out with the right driver, very light weight, and losta high end power...

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
And the guy with a 10 sec Civic who spent less than a total of 15K would also be dissapointed when he walks by a modded, 40K Cobra. Your point?..:xpl:

Ahh Typical!

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
10th03Cobra said:
FYI - My race with my buddies C6 Zo6. His was bone stock with 1k miles on it. My cars runs 11.20's at 130 with 20 psi on a 2.2 Kenne Bell, approx 600+ rwhp.

My buddy and I went form a 60 mph roll door to door even launch in 3rd gear. I pulled about one car on him off the hit and he starting coming back very slowly. We went into 5th gear and that is when his nose was on my front fender when we let off. Those cars move out with the right driver, very light weight, and losta high end power...

Strange, with 600 RWHP you should be pulling him pretty good. I'd say ~2+ cars from 60-140. :shrug:

I was 1.5 cars behind my friends C6 Z 50-140 when he was stock, and I'm 516 RWHP.

After he got his MTI Stage I kit, making ~500 RWHP he ran a 585 RWHP KB Cobra and it was very close to even, with the Z06 being a hair faster.

Last edited:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Strange, with 600 RWHP you should be pulling him pretty good. I'd say ~2+ cars from 60-140. :shrug:

I was 1.5 cars behind my friends C6 Z 50-140 when he was stock, and I'm 516 RWHP.

After he got his MTI Stage I kit, making ~500 RWHP he ran a 585 RWHP KB Cobra and it was very close to even, with the Z06 being a hair faster.

That is what I thought, he might have a factory freak or something. Plus he was banging gears pretty hard at redline. I was not powershifting or anything.

Here is my car running a Bolt On C5 Zo6 and I did pretty well...

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/My Z06/SpdKilz vs Ford GT vs Cobra.wmv

mustangbee

Established Member
i dont agree with the OP about the 79k car comment- thats just a dumbass comment...the new Z06 outruns cars 3 times that 79k price..i guess all those cars are junk tho huh?

get over it, when it comes down to it you still drive a mustang, even if it runs 7sec 1/4.. 90% of the general population could care less about a cobra compared to a newer vette...and that isnt saying much

4.6cobra

Black cobra
Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
I don't see how this is a race.. It's not like you both started next to each other and took off at the same time. He was behind you and you gunned it when you think he was trying to pass you.. How is that a "Good Kill"?

Why didn't you just pull up next to him and start honking instead of just taking off?

I never said that I raced a Z06,I just mentioned that the vette was behind me after playing around in traffic at normal speeds and we both knew that we wanted to see who is quicker in the open highway in front of us. And he quickly moved to my right trying to pass me. So from that and from experience I just slammed it into third. This has happened to me before that people come from the behind you and floor it and expect you to keep up or chase them. It all came down to a full 6-7 seconds of full throttle on both cars and believe me I heard his car screaming over my exhaust!

HISSMAN told us his story about his run in with a Z06 this summer and it wasn't a slam dunk victory at all against the Z06. With his mods, he won the dog fight but not by much. Maybe he can chime in or report the thread where he discussed his kill.

C6 Vette

Established Member
EvanStang said:

Truer words were never spoken!!!
I have to have a removable top on my sports car. That was one of the key ingredients that swayed me from getting a C6ZO6......Oh, and not to mention the average markup of $15K. I don't pay Markups!!

Users who are viewing this thread