Z06 Couldn't Keep Up!!

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I'm sorry, but if you start in front of a car, how the hell do you expect a car behind you to pass you unless you're racing some crazy ass ghost car? He didn't keep up? Yeah, let me tailgate a car, accelerating in a car that's making 450rwhp. Sounds like a killer idea.

Lol, didn't follow. I was talking about what someone said. He said something about a real race is from a stop. I was just merely saying that there are plenty of races that are from moving speeds, rolls.

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
The only reason any stock Mustang can beat a new Zo6 on the street is because the Zo6 driver is just a little bit more of a bad driver than the Mustang driver.
Both are lousy drivers because the real men are out there almost every weekend on the road course thrashing their cars. (drag racing does not count, it is for beginner drivers, zero driving talent required to drag race) If you think drag racing requires talent than please explain to me how a high school girl can win top fuel at a national event.

Don't get pissed at me for bashing street or drag racing, get your ass out to a road course and then brag about your kills.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Well put POOPNUT2
Well I myself like the hear a ZO6 going down not cause I'm a hater but just cause they're so damn impressive. As much as most of us love our cobra's I'd have no quams about having a stock C6 Z in my garage. Nice kill but let that Z06 do a few mods and this would have been a different story. Sorry to be the A-hole to rain on the parade but... Well either way Awesome kill

88lx351coupe

Established Member
Roger Davis said:
The only reason any stock Mustang can beat a new Zo6 on the street is because the Zo6 driver is just a little bit more of a bad driver than the Mustang driver.
Both are lousy drivers because the real men are out there almost every weekend on the road course thrashing their cars. (drag racing does not count, it is for beginner drivers, zero driving talent required to drag race) If you think drag racing requires talent than please explain to me how a high school girl can win top fuel at a national event.

Don't get pissed at me for bashing street or drag racing, get your ass out to a road course and then brag about your kills.

I could just as easily ask what the talent is in slowing down for a corner, turning the wheel and accelerating out of it :rollseyes

sidewayz28

Established Member
saying that drag racing, and banging the gears doesnt take talent is a pretty ignorant statement
tonydelvalle said:
i kill this and i kill that with out a video is worthless.
sorry buddy ill take word over a domestic enthusiast over a imports/ricers any day... we dont NEED videos to back up our word

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Roger Davis said:

:rollseyes You own a Cobra so its pretty much straight forward for you to cut 1.60s on street tires huh?

Last edited:

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
Com'on guys Drag racing and especially street racing( where the real losers hang out) really is for pansies, I can't believe you actually think it takes talent to watch a Tree clock out, release a line lock or trans brake, mash the pedal to the floor, hang on for dear life, blow thru the lights at a blistering 120-130 mph.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Try blasting down a road course at 155 mph and then slowing down to 90 mph so you can make a 80 degree right turn while your tires are screaming trying to keep you ass from sliding off the track and crunching the fence.Do this about 10 times per lap for 30-60 minites at a pop.:rockon:

Meanwhile the drag guys are all gathered around the shiney car that just went a blistering 130 MPH for all of the 2 seconds it took to go thru the lights.
Just what girl was driving that car?:banana: :banana:
Don't for get to post those time slips on the internet that show how quick you got to 60 ft.:poke:

Here is a hint kiddies, if it's got a manual trans, big brakes, heavy duty sway bar it was made for road racing.( on a race track of course) :idea: :idea:

If it's got an automatic (like your granny's car) it's a drag car.:read:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Roger Davis said:

I know of a 17 year old girl that is a senior at my old highschool who is ranked 2nd in her autocross group and she has only been doing it for less than a year.

Lankhoss

Established Member
Well, I'm glad you had a nice experience and all.......but from your post, you kinda seem like a big tool.

What's with the "typical chevy" comment? And the ricer comment about the pricetag?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a 490rwhp Cobra is DEFINITELY slower than a new Z06. The guy could have been playing around in a higher gear (I do that all the time on the highway, just for fun...sometimes even let slower cars out-accelerate me), or he hadn't raced it before and wasn't familiar with the car. It took me a long time to get used to the LONG gears. You can downshift to 2nd gear at 70 - 75mph.

Anyway, like I say....I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but you really ruined your story (and credibility) with some of the unnecessary comments you threw in there.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Lankhoss said:
Well, I'm glad you had a nice experience and all.......but from your post, you kinda seem like a big tool.

What's with the "typical chevy" comment? And the ricer comment about the pricetag?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a 490rwhp Cobra is DEFINITELY slower than a new Z06. The guy could have been playing around in a higher gear (I do that all the time on the highway, just for fun...sometimes even let slower cars out-accelerate me), or he hadn't raced it before and wasn't familiar with the car. It took me a long time to get used to the LONG gears. You can downshift to 2nd gear at 70 - 75mph.

Anyway, like I say....I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but you really ruined your story (and credibility) with some of the unnecessary comments you threw in there.

If I were to downshift to 2nd at 70 mph and went WOT I would end up facing the east bound side of a west bound lane. Heck I have to become a drifting superstar when I downshift to 3rd at 70 mph and go WOT. These 315's just aren't enough any more. Does anyone make a 500mm wide tire...:rolling:

-Jeff

This is a bizarre thread. Full of hyperventalating 03/04 Cobra young clowns who use the Cobra as their penis extension. For all the mod potential the boosted Cobras have, theres a lot of other suspension and IRS work that needs to go with it. And the current Z06, goes fast as hell off the show floor without needing a trip to the speedshop or RPMOUTLET.

And as for all the Cobra guys hear talking about 500rwhp giving them a Z06 kill. Maybe at the track with slicks. Not on the street though.

Lankhoss

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
If I were to downshift to 2nd at 70 mph and went WOT I would end up facing the east bound side of a west bound lane. Heck I have to become a drifting superstar when I downshift to 3rd at 70 mph and go WOT. These 315's just aren't enough any more. Does anyone make a 500mm wide tire...:rolling:

-Jeff

Ha ha ha, nice reply!!

Just to give you an idea of how bad being in the wrong gear is, I was next to my two friends that were racing. One had a 410rwhp Mach 1, and the other had a 383rwhp C5 Z06, both with passengers I believe. So I'm the same weight as the C5 Z06 (WITHOUT a passenger) with 120 more rwhp than him. We're doing about 60mph, and I'm in 3rd instead of 2nd. They both take off, and I punch it at the same time. They got a tad ahead of me, and I didn't start pulling back until about 100mph or so.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Roger Davis said:
Com'on guys Drag racing and especially street racing( where the real losers hang out) really is for pansies, I can't believe you actually think it takes talent to watch a Tree clock out, release a line lock or trans brake, mash the pedal to the floor, hang on for dear life, blow thru the lights at a blistering 120-130 mph.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Try blasting down a road course at 155 mph and then slowing down to 90 mph so you can make a 80 degree right turn while your tires are screaming trying to keep you ass from sliding off the track and crunching the fence.Do this about 10 times per lap for 30-60 minites at a pop.:rockon:

Meanwhile the drag guys are all gathered around the shiney car that just went a blistering 130 MPH for all of the 2 seconds it took to go thru the lights.
Just what girl was driving that car?:banana: :banana:
Don't for get to post those time slips on the internet that show how quick you got to 60 ft.:poke:

Here is a hint kiddies, if it's got a manual trans, big brakes, heavy duty sway bar it was made for road racing.( on a race track of course) :idea: :idea:

If it's got an automatic (like your granny's car) it's a drag car.:read:

wow you bought a cobra and dont like drag racing at all... give someone your cobra and go buy a 350z or 240sx and queit wasting a good car

Beetle6986

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
This is a bizarre thread. Full of hyperventalating 03/04 Cobra young clowns who use the Cobra as their penis extension.

A cobra owner posted the kill. The only people hyperventalating were the ones calling BS on his kill story (you would be one of them):dw: .

Roger Davis said:
Try blasting down a road course at 155 mph and then slowing down to 90 mph so you can make a 80 degree right turn while your tires are screaming trying to keep you ass from sliding off the track and crunching the fence.Do this about 10 times per lap for 30-60 minites at a pop.

Where in NJ is there a road course that you can hit 155 mph? And what kind of car are you driving that can handle a right turn sharper than a right angle at 90 mph? :lol:

Beetle6986 said:
A cobra owner posted the kill. The only people hyperventalating were the ones calling BS on his kill story (you would be one of them):dw: .

Where in NJ is there a road course that you can hit 155 mph? And what kind of car are you driving that can handle a right turn sharper than a right angle at 90 mph? :lol:

Calling BS doesn't equate to hyperventalating, schmuck.

Users who are viewing this thread