Z06...highway run

03CobraBro

Established Member
I dont see why your aiming your attack at me anyway... I was mearly defending a guy who claimed he beat a Z06 :shrug: . If you want to guide your weak ramblings towards someone guide it towards the guy who threw up the original BS flag to begin with.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
What? You want to race on a dyno? Your car handles better in MM&FF? Motor Trend got a faster time with...

Sorry if I confused specific posts, but after 7 pages, you're still definitely a bench racer.

Every board dedicated to a specific car has a few guys that will claim it's equal or better to anything. There are many Corvette guys that spend countless hours trying to prove it's somehow stock for stock fast as a Viper, or better dollar for dollar. You just happen to be that guy for the Cobra on SVTperformance. Like you just posted on the Terminator board that some guy just wanted to drive a mustang for awhile. Sure buddy.

Don't get me wrong anyone else. I love Stangs. I had 4 SN95's and on occasion I roll in my old man's Vert for fun. Definitely sweet cars. But even when I was strictly a Stang man, I tried to maintain a shred of objectivity.

:coolman:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Do you have a better explanation then why the guy wanted to drive a mustang?

Is it that hard to beleive that the guy just simply wanted to drive a mustang for a while...? :shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
On a final note... The reason I was looking through magazines was to find out if the Z06 was truely running forged internals that someone claimed... nothing more.

JBVobra

Banned
Originally posted by 03CobraBro

P.S. Yes I frequent the track quite often during the summer time. (none yet with the Cobra). Iv seen a few Z06'es and the best iv seen first hand is a 12.7. So I'm just taking your word that they are as quick as everyone is saying.

heres an 11.7 I ran with only mods an airbox and 315bfgs (1.70 60ft):
http://users3.ev1.net/~autometer/movies/1_5_03/bluemeanie001.wmv

these cars are really easy to launch. A good total first gear ratio combo (3.42 rear X 2.97 1st), tranny in the rear, low overall weight and refined irs. Add some big 315s or et streets and you can launch a stock car from 6000+, pull 1.6s and still drive home later on. I've got at least 150 passes on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread