Z06...highway run

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
You realize Vtec only gets you so far, right? He jumped on a Honda he obviously completely underestimated, and got owned. End of story. No point arguing anymore.

static_kling

2 Legit
Established Member
You gentlemen forgot, TTAFB_SVT is an expert in all things that may appear at some point in these forums. Oh yeah, and he'll take the previous sentence and--ignoring the sarcasm--will quote it and agree with it as if I meant it seriously. And TTAFB_SVT: I don't even own a Cobra, but (per your post) I'd still like you to drive a different car and go to another board. Got me, ace? :loser:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Seems I've ruffled some feathers. Such will be the case when dealing with chickens.

It was never about it being a honda(acura) (at least for me), it was used to compare the situation on which he was calling bs. nothing more- I have no problems with what anyone drives- except for nonfunctional things-wings etc.

Wasn't referring to you anyhow.

All I have to say to sophistication is fords taken a car like the Cobra and gotten it to handle to par with the Z06, with that old fairmont platform.

There in lies the problem. The cars don't handle similiarly. The differences in body roll and over nuetral feeling are worlds apart. I've driven both on more than one occasion,the difference is staggering.

What exactly qualifies you to say a honduh is in any way the "much more advanced and technologically sophisticated" vehicle in comparison to an 03 Cobra?

Reading,common sense,automobile knowledge,etc,etc,et al.

You gentlemen forgot, TTAFB_SVT is an expert in all things that may appear at some point in these forums. Oh yeah, and he'll take the previous sentence and--ignoring the sarcasm--will quote it and agree with it as if I meant it seriously. And TTAFB_SVT: I don't even own a Cobra, but (per your post) I'd still like you to drive a different car and go to another board. Got me, ace?

Still crying eh "ace"? Damn shame really. Stalking is illegal in most areas but clealry not in yours. But I expect no less from the same genius that brought us the revelation that Supras are rice because they utilize turbos to make power. With the kind of new age thinking don't you think a 68 Mustang is a little too new for you. You should be in something from the 40's,tops.

99SVTcobraVERT

wow....this thread is still kicking? i thought all points and opinions had been posted, beat up on and spit out? e green i wasnt stooping to anything, what is there to make fun about a d*mn dog? it was a pun calling you dog, d*mn geez lighten up. and wow the group jumps all up on someone that goes against the grain, so tfb or whatever your name is dont feel bad. i went against the grain too lol. again lighten up , there is nothing else to flame or b*tch about. all points were made and followed up on, wow youd think we were talking about if its right or wrong to do abortion here lol peace....

p.s. thats why i didnt even look at this thread all day and night because i thought it was done lol everyone just go have a beer and relax.:beer:

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by Tired
Ive got a question, what in the hell does postcount have to do with anything?

p.s. i brought up the number of posts of dohc because i had never paid attention to it and was like "holy sh*t" when i saw it. 6000+ post, none of us will ever get that high in posts so thats why i said it. try decaf, makes you less jumpy and grumpy...

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
Seems I've ruffled some feathers. Such will be the case when dealing with chickens.
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

AND....

Still crying eh "ace"? Damn shame really. Stalking is illegal in most areas but clealry not in yours. But I expect no less from the same genius that brought us the revelation that Supras are rice because they utilize turbos to make power. With the kind of new age thinking don't you think a 68 Mustang is a little too new for you. You should be in something from the 40's,tops.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

static_kling

2 Legit
Established Member
Whoa. Good slam dude. You hear that one on the Cartoon Network?
Reading,common sense,automobile knowledge,etc,etc,et al.
Huh. Of course, next time you want to feign intelligence it's helpful to use "et al." in the proper sense; here's a static_ grammar tip: use "et al." for lists of people (not things). :thumbsup:
Stalking is illegal in most areas but clealry not in yours. But I expect no less from the same genius that brought us the revelation that Supras are rice because they utilize turbos to make power. With the kind of new age thinking don't you think a 68 Mustang is a little too new for you. You should be in something from the 40's,tops.
Hmm. I would've expected stalking to be more in line with someone who clings to the notion that Michael Jackson ISN'T a child molester and uses a serial murderers ("Butcher of Hanover" ring a bell?) for his avatar. Oh yeah, and would you mind answering 03Cobrabro's question about Z06's and forged internals? :dw: Sorry, but a "TTAFB" assurance doesn't mean much. Have fun with this one (it'll be my last in this thread) and be sure to tell me how easy my stupidity makes your clever ( :lol1: ) response.

PS "there in", as you put it, is one word.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
p.s. i brought up the number of posts of dohc because i had never paid attention to it and was like "holy sh*t" when i saw it. 6000+ post, none of us will ever get that high in posts so thats why i said it. try decaf, makes you less jumpy and grumpy...
Let me be nice. I drink water. I was asking a qestion, and you in your longwinded doubleposting way gave me a smartass answer.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Chiming in late

Sophistication is not bolting a supercharger on an engine.

Its just flippin badass.

Sophistication is making 400hp and getting 22mpg.

Sophistication is making less do more, and making it silky smooth.

Both have their merits, but I don't consider the Mustang in general to be a sophisticated automobile. And thank goodness I don't; its not that kind of car.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Apples to oranges comparison really doesn't tell the true story when comparing the Cobra to the Z06. Try this: What GM vehicle with double the Cobra passenger capacity (four people), weighing app. 1.18 times the weight of a Cobra (3650 lbs), could be modded inexpensively (as can the Cobra) to put an ass beating on the stock Cobra? Especially one which they could bring to market? I can't think of one. Can you? Well, turn this comparison around, and you have exactly what SVT has done to the Z06. I'm not bashing the Z06, but I am stating the SVT Cobra facts. One '03 SVT Cobra modestly modded (but nowhere near its capacity), and it's bye, bye Z06.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Whoa. Good slam dude. You hear that one on the Cartoon Network?

Please don't confuse what you watch 16 hours a day with what I may be tuning into. Wasn't meant to be a slam anyway,just an observation. And per your resulting comeback ATTEMPT,clearly an accurate one.

Huh. Of course, next time you want to feign intelligence it's helpful to use "et al." in the proper sense; here's a static_ grammar tip: use "et al." for lists of people (not things).

K. The dictionary you sit on to reach the computer has its uses. That's all well and good. But please let me know how this proves me wrong or does anything to further your case.

Hmm. I would've expected stalking to be more in line with someone who clings to the notion that Michael Jackson ISN'T a child molester and uses a serial murderers ("Butcher of Hanover" ring a bell?) for his avatar. Oh yeah, and would you mind answering 03Cobrabro's question about Z06's and forged internals? Sorry, but a "TTAFB" assurance doesn't mean much. Have fun with this one (it'll be my last in this thread) and be sure to tell me how easy my stupidity makes your clever ( ) response.

Hmmm. I would've expected stalking to be more along the lines of someone who makes it a point to memorize all my opinions,observations and posts. As would the authorities. I'm gonna have to ask you to remain at least 100 yards from at all times. I'm also sorry you don't like Michael Jackson and your brain is made up of tabloid fodder. Really I am. But it doesn't matter much here. I'd think you like him,he wears tight pants. And as far as "a serial murderers" go,just another example of you grasping for straws in an old arguement. I now have an avatar featuring a man who once bit another man. A man like yourself,obviously of great moral integrity,shouldn't let that stand. Take it to me oh great one. Don't rest until you've rid the world of bad internet pictures. As for the ZO6 having forged internals,I learned this by reading about the car. Rather than jumping into an arguement such as this one throwing around insults and put downs before I knew anything about the car in question. If you,or anyone else,would like to join me in that novel approach,read up on the car you so willingly dismiss.

And for the record,your stupidity doesn't make me clever. My superior intellect does that. Though your stupidity helps.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'v taken the liberty of reading up on the Z06 (back when they were first introduced), prior to this arguement or getting myself into any other debates of this nature. Last night though, just to make sure I didnt over look anything, the only forged internals I could find sitting inside the LS6 were the connecting rods.

I rearanged the words "LS6", "350", "Z06", "Vette", +forged internals (reinforced internals etc etc...) about every way I could think of on a handful of different search engines. Everytime it would pop up with an article about an 03 Cobra and mention something about its Z06 competitor, or some kind of "reinforced" valve stem that the LS6 uses, that was also used on the LT5.

Like I said the only differences I'v heard of between the LS6 and the LS1 were the Cam's, heads, and the manifold intake, and a few other insignificant odds and ends. I'v never really heard a Vette or any other Chevy guy, for that matter, mention anything like forged internals being used in the LS6 so I just took for granted that Chevy were still building there engines (even the LS6) with stamped parts like they've been known to do in the passed 30 years.

I dont intend for this post to be flamed... I'm just curious if you could tell me where you read about the LS6 running full forged internals. The only real forged part I could find the LS6 uses were the connecting rods.

Last edited:

MUSTANGKL

Established Member
The ls6 does not have forged pistons. My buddy is a chevy parts man and he told me that the ls1 and ls6 block are the same the heads, intake and exhaust are different. The pistons are not forged on any ls1 or ls6 you have to get forged ones from the aftermarket. Want part numbers of the motors and it internals? I think if he has time I will get them if needed to end this thread you guys are spending to much time on this subject lets get to making are Cobra's faster and figuring what combination works best to get us more power. The Chevy guys have had decades of trying different combinations to get the right combination for their motors. The motors we have are a newer design and we need to get to work trying new combination and see what makes them run better. I bought a Mustang not a Vette, which is a fine car just expensive. I just would like more time spent on how to make the cobras faster. this your car is junk compare to this one is an old story! Vettes and Mustangs are both good performance cars. The final says in performance is who has spent the most is usaully who wins not all the time but most of the time!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by MUSTANGKL
you guys are spending to much time on this subject lets get to making are Cobra's faster and figuring what combination works best to get us more power.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I'm well aware that the ZO6 doesn't have forged pistons,just forged rods. But how many pistons have you heard of the Vette cracking with a blower or nitrous? Me either. It's a stellar motor by any means and can handle alot of power. That's my point. I didn't come into this thread to argue which car is a better performance car,that question is silly. There were 6 pages of arguing before I even chimed in.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I'm well aware that the ZO6 doesn't have forged pistons,just forged rods. But how many pistons have you heard of the Vette cracking with a blower or nitrous? Me either. It's a stellar motor by any means and can handle alot of power. That's my point. I didn't come into this thread to argue which car is a better performance car,that question is silly. There were 6 pages of arguing before I even chimed in.

That's very true...But for every Corvette with juice or blower,there are 10 mustangs.....It's just more common on the Mustangs than on the Vettes......

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
That's very true...But for every Corvette with juice or blower,there are 10 mustangs.....It's just more common on the Mustangs than on the Vettes......

Absolutely. Perhaps because there are 10 times as many Mustangs on the road than Corvettes.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Ahh but less Cobra's purduced per year than Z06'es... Were not argueing 2v's, just like were not argueing C5 LS1's... Lets keep it to the Z06 and the Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread