Z06...highway run

lovemycobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
We only bitch because we cant stand listening to a farse. My question is why you guys didnt go buy an LS1 and slap LS6 cams, heads, and an intake on an F-body. No shame if thats what you guys like...

The reason i didnt go buy an LS1 was because i would rather have a Cobra. I am in no way putting the Cobra down, shit, i won one bro. I love this car. But what I CANT STAND from most ford owners is that they think they can take a Z06 stock for stock. That is just DUMB. Why cant we just admitt that there are only a few cars that are faster? does it take away from your manhood admitting one car is faster then what we own? Ijust dont get it.

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by Tired
I have to ask. Why in the hell did you quote yourself, then call yourself a stupid son of a bitch?

tired, back off this isnt your beef. dont say stupid sh*t till you read the whole thread. e green ASKED me where i referenced the zo6 stock for stock against the cobra.

lovemycobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Can you say troll?:-D

ya dude, i am troll because i say the truth, and you live out in lala land. whats next? a Cobra is faster then the new SRT-10?

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by lovemycobra
NOSCobra...dont worry about these guys. They seriously give Cobra owners a bad name. They cant except the fact that stock for stock, the Z06 is the faster car, so they bitch.

yeah man there are LOTS of people who read this thread but just wont speak up because they dont want to get jumped on by everyone. starts out with 1 or 2 then everyone jumps in to bash on one person. i have been called a traitor just because i give credit where credit is due? also doch03 you are a sorry excuse for a mod. because mod are suppose to bring order and maturity to the threads. all you do is join in on the gang bang. for that reason f*ck you and i mean that from the core. stock for stock the zo6 IS faster than cobra. it is a RULE and yes there can be exceptions to a rule. put the same driver in both cars and see which one traps higher speed and lower e.t. its faster and it should be. its 20k more expensive d*mn! thumbs up to lovemycobra for having some sense.:beer:

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
My cobra is faster than a Srt-10. But then again thats modded vs. stock. A modded Srt-10 would beat me.

Bottom line is this guys....Racing comes down to who is willing to spend the most money. More money=More ponies=more speed.

However people shouldn't tell someone to read the whole thread when the shit in here got pissy because that person didn't read the first message right to begin with....

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by sbc.cobra
well, i was headed to my in-laws house saturday afternoon (beautiful day out) and i was cruising at about 75mph on I-45. well, i look up ahead and there's a beautiful black vette. i didn't need to speed up b/c i was going faster than him and as i passed i noticed it was brand new (still had paper plate), but already had aftermarket exahust. then i see the "Z06" badge on the side. i gave the guy a thumbs up for a nice car and continued on. well, after about 5 miles, i notice him weaving in and out of traffic and he runs up on me...sweet!

he was on my butt so i threw it in 3rd and punched it...bam! i pulled ahead about 2 lenghts before traffic arrived, so i slow down and he cruises passed me and gives me the thumbs up. then there is another opening so i got over on his right side and i was at his back bumper doing about 75 mph again and i put it in 3rd and as i was downshifting i hear his exhaust get louder and he jumps out about 2 cars, but that was it, b/c once i hit 3rd, i gained the 2 cars on him and put another 2 on him going to 4th gear...had to shut it down at about 115mph, but i made up about 4 lengths. i was very impressed w/ my car. i did not think i would pull on him that much.

anyway, we slowed back down and pulled up next to me and we both gave each other the thumbs up and smiled. nice race and really cool guy.

edit: mods (to protect from the flaming that has already started)...2.93 upper, magnaflow catback and x-pipe, billetflow TB, densecharger CAI, autologic chip, NGK plugs, steeda tri-ax shifter.

that edit WASNT there when a lot of us posted. it was only later when he told his mods before i said i was wrong. there was no reading it wrong. it just wasnt there AND it was a while before he posted his mods because he has a life and cant be on the computer 24 hours of the day. im sick of this stupid arguement. aruging on the computer is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you still feel stupid. i dont have time to follow this thread every 5 mins to defend myself against 3,4,20 or a 100 members.:rollseyes

03CobraBro

Established Member
The reason i didnt go buy an LS1 was because i would rather have a Cobra. I am in no way putting the Cobra down, shit, i won one bro. I love this car. But what I CANT STAND from most ford owners is that they think they can take a Z06 stock for stock. That is just DUMB. Why cant we just admitt that there are only a few cars that are faster? does it take away from your manhood admitting one car is faster then what we own? Ijust dont get it.

In my experience Iv heard stories about it going both ways. There is no hard proof of either car out performing either one in the straight line, although iv heard more stories about stock 03 Cobra's beating stock Z06'es, obviously because im on the SVT board, im sure its the same way on the other side of the sun. So until proven otherwise im going to stick to my guns and say Cobra, just like the Vette guys stick to there guns and preach on about the Z06 being the fastest.

Iv heard of some Z06'es running low 12's stock, Iv heard of some stock Cobra's on the stock F1's also running low 12's stock. So its not too hard too beleive that the Cobra is as quick as the Z06.

03DOHC

Established Member
"No, YOU don't get it. I know a zo6 is faster than a 03 Cobra stock for stock and with equal drivers. It better be for $16,700 more (and I don't want to hear about this finance program or that ya dumbass). What YOU don't seem to get, and you other frickin idiots, is that when a 03 Cobra owner posts he killed a vette the BS flags come out of the woodwork. When a vette kills a 03 Cobra, you wanna be vette chebby phallic boys lick it up and jump on the bandwagon. YOU are the ones who can't admit it. YOU call BS when a 500rwhp 03 Cobra beats a stock zo6. It's so pathetic how you wanna lick the phallic symbol and make lame excuses like, if it had 7000lbs of boost or the owner couldn't drive, if it had 800hp worth of nitrous it coulda, or your panties are on fire. YOU are all :loser: .:-D Get a clue. Please!:rolleyes:"

That is what I was going to post. I have revised it to read the following. You are a :loser: . :-D

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
ya dude, i am troll because i say the truth, and you live out in lala land. whats next? a Cobra is faster then the new SRT-10?

Now were talking about a difference of 80 to 100 hp between a stock Cobra or Z06 and an SRT-10... Thats why nobody ever says that... Its alot easier to compare a car thats dyno'ing 350 to 360 RWHP (Z06) compared to the 03 Cobras (350 to 390RWHP)

99SVTcobraVERT

"No, YOU don't get it. I know a zo6 is faster than a 03 Cobra stock for stock and with equal drivers. It better be for $16,700 more (and I don't want to hear about this finance program or that ya dumbass). What YOU don't seem to get, and you other frickin idiots, is that when a 03 Cobra owner posts he killed a vette the BS flags come out of the woodwork. When a vette kills a 03 Cobra, you wanna be vette chebby phallic boys lick it up and jump on the bandwagon. YOU are the ones who can't admit it. YOU call BS when a 500rwhp 03 Cobra beats a stock zo6. It's so pathetic how you wanna lick the phallic symbol and make lame excuses like, if it had 7000lbs of boost or the owner couldn't drive, if it had 800hp worth of nitrous it coulda, or your panties are on fire. YOU are all :loser: .:-D Get a clue. Please!:rolleyes:"

That is what I was going to post. I have revised it to read the following. You are a :loser: .:lol: :-D

is there an echo in here or are you just getting slack in reading the posts? i just said that it better be faster because its more expensive you jacka** and for the record that isnt a 500rwhp cobra its a 430rwhp cobra, that came straight from the owners mouth. jesus can we get a new mod here? PLEASE! i have one vote for SB (the original thread starter) the whole time he has been mature and kept his cool. unlike our fearless leader here, wow grow up dude.:cryying: i guess we are all losers for having our own opinion!:rollseyes

lovemycobra

Established Member

That is what I was going to post. I have revised it to read the following. You are a :loser: . :-D

wow, you are a true moron for a mod.

Where did i say BS on this kill??????? find me where i said this was BS after he listed his mods. can u? NO! why? because I NEVER SAID it was BS. i simply said that stock for stock the Z is faster. i said in one of my previous posts "Lets see his mods then we can talk" when he listed his mods, did i call BS????? NO.

Next time read my posts before you make an ignorant comment dumb f**k

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
yeah man there are LOTS of people who read this thread but just wont speak up because they dont want to get jumped on by everyone.

Yeah, esspecially people who want to post there kills on here without getting BS'ed, by people like yourself, the minute they walk through the door.

lovemycobra

Established Member
wow, you are a true moron for a mod.

Where did i say BS on this kill??????? find me where i said this was BS after he listed his mods. can u? NO! why? because I NEVER SAID it was BS. i simply said that stock for stock the Z is faster. i said in one of my previous posts "Lets see his mods then we can talk" when he listed his mods, did i call BS????? NO.

Next time read my posts before you make an ignorant comment dumb f**k

oh ya, and at that, i agree, we need a different mod. One that knows how to read other peoples posts before making ignorant posts. Later. :burnout:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Now I dont want to point fingers at anyone... but NOS, not to seem like an asshole, but you did kind of bring this on yourself. You called BS on the guy who posted a Z06 Kill before you knew the facts, then you argued, then he proved you wrong, and you did admit it ill give you that, but it seemed like you were using this "well a stock Z06 is quicker than a stock Cobra though" as a play off and I think alot of people flamed you for that because you jumped the gun on somebody.. I realize people make mistakes but you have to realize alot of people here are too quick to call BS before they do know the facts, thats why everyone is so quick to jump on you.

Last edited:

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
oh ya, and at that, i agree, we need a different mod. One that knows how to read other peoples posts before making ignorant posts. Later. :burnout:
You make a good case, well actually you dont. Calling someone a dumb f*** doesnt exactly make you the posterboy for credibility now does it? Hell, if half the posts in this thread didnt look like a complete moron wrote them they might actually be readable.

I swear. If you people want to argue then be smart about it. if youve got to result to insults youve lost, end of story.

lovemycobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Tired
You make a good case, well actually you dont. Calling someone a dumb f*** doesnt exactly make you the posterboy for credibility now does it? Hell, if half the posts in this thread didnt look like a complete moron wrote them they might actually be readable.

I swear. If you people want to argue then be smart about it. if youve got to result to insults youve lost, end of story.

you know, i agree. that wasnt very nice of me. But you know what? having some1 calling you names and trying to flame you because of something you didnt even say gives you the right to get a little defensive, dont you think? Ok, i am outa here, this forum is gay, with only a few with brains.:xpl:

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Please. This forum is gay? Youve got every right to be defensive, but dragging an entire forum into this is about as mature as LS1.

Users who are viewing this thread