Z06...highway run

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Nos- You talk a lot of trash behind the safety of a computer- and do me a favor- look under the hood of an ACURA and I guarantee it'll say HONDA, so then an Acura is a Honda- just like a LINCOLN is a FORD. The FACTS are you called b.s. on a post WITHOUT knowing all the FACTS- you couldn't just give the man his props- you had to get on his ass- like he came on here to post a lie-cuz he has nothing better to do with his time???!!! Keep runnin your mouth-buddy-
1st- you say you don't have time to defend yourself, but you still do
2nd- you say that arguing on the internet.... yet you continue to do so
3rd- you criticize 03Dohc, but you're just as bad (worse IMO)
4th- you're still putting words in peoples mouths- he didn't say "you're losers for having opinions"
5th- now you try to give the man props back- while acting like youre and innocent victim- you and YOUR MOUTH started this whole thing.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE

For Lovemycobra no one has slammed z06's so sayin we can't accept losin to a Chevy is balooney. Just the facts... friend- Being Ford guys doesn't (necessarily) mean we don't respect Chevy's(or any other brand)- it just means we like our blue ovals. I happen to like chebbies, they're the only good competition- I'd much rather run a chebbie than another mustang or import.

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
Nos- You talk a lot of trash behind the safety of a computer- and do me a favor- look under the hood of an ACURA and I guarantee it'll say HONDA, so then an Acura is a Honda- just like a LINCOLN is a FORD. The FACTS are you called b.s. on a post WITHOUT knowing all the FACTS- you couldn't just give the man his props- you had to get on his ass- like he came on here to post a lie-cuz he has nothing better to do with his time???!!! Keep runnin your mouth-buddy-
1st- you say you don't have time to defend yourself, but you still do
2nd- you say that arguing on the internet.... yet you continue to do so
3rd- you criticize 03Dohc, but you're just as bad (worse IMO)
4th- you're still putting words in peoples mouths- he didn't say "you're losers for having opinions"
5th- now you try to give the man props back- while acting like youre and innocent victim- you and YOUR MOUTH started this whole thing.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE

For Lovemycobra no one has slammed z06's so sayin we can't accept losin to a Chevy is balooney. Just the facts... friend- Being Ford guys doesn't (necessarily) mean we don't respect Chevy's(or any other brand)- it just means we like our blue ovals. I happen to like chebbies, they're the only good competition- I'd much rather run a chebbie than another mustang or import.

ok you make it d*mn near impossible to walk away from anything. i talk sh*t in person and behind the computer "DOG" lol i called bs IF the cobra was stock notice the IF. maybe you dont read well. and im not "just now" giving him his props. i did that on like one of the first few pages when he listed his mods. as far as dohc03, maybe i am just as bad. BUT dohc is suppose to be a leader and set an example,this he has not done. but there is an old saying; "you dont argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." he is basing his comments of being losers because of our opinions. because thats all a board is, a bunch of clashing opinions. since when is someone a loser just because of their view? sounds high school-ish to me. green, go get pissed at your dog , beat him or something,take out all your frustrations and we will try this again later. and oh yeah e green and dohc03 no hard feelings we are all here to argue. at least you two arent idiots. were worth the time spent arguing. now that we have all got out what we need to say about two d*mn cars. good game! lol peace:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
is there an echo in here or are you just getting slack in reading the posts? i just said that it better be faster because its more expensive you jacka** and for the record that isnt a 500rwhp cobra its a 430rwhp cobra, that came straight from the owners mouth. jesus can we get a new mod here? PLEASE! i have one vote for SB (the original thread starter) the whole time he has been mature and kept his cool. unlike our fearless leader here, wow grow up dude.:cryying: i guess we are all losers for having our own opinion!:rollseyes
500rwhp was used as an example, but you knew that right? Since your comprehension skills are just dumbfounding I didn't need to mention that. You didn't know what he put out until he posted it and that's when you realized you were

attachment.php

that's when you started whining.

You were owned. Be a Man, admit it and get on with your life.:cryying:

Oh, I'm not your fearless leader.

Last edited:

99SVTcobraVERT

p.s i was not owned, i admitted to being wrong and then the conversation went onto other topics of mods vs mods and money and whatnot. oh well its over. good game ! goodnight!

99SVTcobraVERT

whoa.... i just looked at something dohc03 registered in july of 02 and has over 6000 posts that means you post about 27 times a day dude....whoa.... im lucky if i can do that in a week or a month really!!! ::gives him a hand:: i couldnt do it......whoa.... do you have the most posts on here or what?????

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
whoa.... i just looked at something dohc03 registered in july of 02 and has over 6000 posts that means you post about 27 times a day dude....whoa.... im lucky if i can do that in a week or a month really!!! ::gives him a hand:: i couldnt do it......whoa.... do you have the most posts on here or what?????
:) I don't have the most posts, sohowcome does. At the top of the screen you can click the members button, then click the Top 50 posters button. :-D

Later...

ZO6 DUST

Established Member
That was alot to read.....funny sh!t.

I know sbc.cobra and have been to a local Mustang meet, and those guys come to our meets. We've talked, I've run a 12.26 on Street Tires and followed it up with a 12.8 while spinning in 1st and 2nd. When you have this much HP, alot of people can beat alot of people on any given day. Give sbc.cobra credit, he dosen't seem like the kinda person to lie, and it was his day.

I raced a white SVT Cobra this afternoon. The guy's name was Jerry. I'll let him post what happened, as to keep tensions down.

Congratulations sbc.cobra, I'm sure one of these nights we need to get together and have some fun. I've already told you I think your car is awesome, beautiful color.

Relax Gentleman, it was not our race, and we weren't there. Please don't flame this post.

Thanks,

Jason

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ZO6 DUST

I know sbc.cobra and have been to a local Mustang meet, and those guys come to our meets. We've talked, I've run a 12.26 on Street Tires and followed it up with a 12.8 while spinning in 1st and 2nd. When you have this much HP, alot of people can beat alot of people on any given day. Give sbc.cobra credit, he dosen't seem like the kinda person to lie, and it was his day.

I raced a white SVT Cobra this afternoon. The guy's name was Jerry. I'll let him post what happened, as to keep tensions down.

Congratulations sbc.cobra, I'm sure one of these nights we need to get together and have some fun. I've already told you I think your car is awesome, beautiful color.

Relax Gentleman, it was not our race, and we weren't there. Please don't flame this post.

Thanks,

Jason
Good kill on the 03 Cobra.:beer:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by ZO6 DUST

Thanks,

Jason

The guy you need to talk to about who's race it was, is NOSCobra, not the rest of us.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
03 ZO6 Corvette. High 11's-Low 12's with any competent driver. ! full G on the skidpad. Unbelievable slalom numbers. 60-0 in 105 feet. More compliant ride than it's Porsche,BMW,Nissan competition while outhandling them at the track. All in a completely stock,comfortable warrantied car.

Now that you know what is so impressive about the ZO6 we can get onto opinions.

Criticizing a guy for losing to a honda,looking down on the much more advanced and technologically sophisticated honda,all the while riding around in a tricked out Fairmont,is silly at best.

I think as far as drag racing goes,the 03 cobra is obviously the better investment. For ANY other performance competition,the Corvette is a better vehicle. I'm sure any and all naysayers will attempt to comfort themselves by accusing me of causing trouble,being on the wrong board,driving the wrong car,etc. Whatever it takes to pad an ego,I'm all for people feeling good about themselves.

I'd also like to point out that this kill seems completely normal and I would expect no less. The original poster sounds quite credible and I didn't think for a second he was lying.

And don't go overboard about the Z not being able to handle some boost. It's being done very frequently with great success. I've heard of them making upwards of 650 at the wheels. I am well aware that 03 cobras are also doing this,but the Vette is doing with about 14 pounds of boost. Very different.

And for the record,the ZO6 comes with forged internals,so that excuse is all shot up.

In closing,good kill. Show those chebbys whose boss.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
Criticizing a guy for losing to a honda,looking down on the much more advanced and technologically sophisticated honda,all the while riding around in a tricked out Fairmont,is silly at best.

:rollseyes It was never about it being a honda(acura) (at least for me), it was used to compare the situation on which he was calling bs. nothing more- I have no problems with what anyone drives- except for nonfunctional things-wings etc.

And Nos Cobra- you've stooped to picking on my avatar? And my Dog? hmm just a little immature don't you think?

03CobraBro

Established Member
03 ZO6 Corvette. High 11's-Low 12's with any competent driver. ! full G on the skidpad. Unbelievable slalom numbers. 60-0 in 105 feet. More compliant ride than it's Porsche,BMW,Nissan competition while outhandling them at the track. All in a completely stock,comfortable warrantied car.

Now that you know what is so impressive about the ZO6 we can get onto opinions.

I think as far as drag racing goes,the 03 cobra is obviously the better investment. For ANY other performance competition,the Corvette is a better vehicle. I'm sure any and all naysayers will attempt to comfort themselves by accusing me of causing trouble,being on the wrong board,driving the wrong car,etc. Whatever it takes to pad an ego,I'm all for people feeling good about themselves.

I'd also like to point out that this kill seems completely normal and I would expect no less. The original poster sounds quite credible and I didn't think for a second he was lying.

And don't go overboard about the Z not being able to handle some boost. It's being done very frequently with great success. I've heard of them making upwards of 650 at the wheels. I am well aware that 03 cobras are also doing this,but the Vette is doing with about 14 pounds of boost. Very different.

And for the record,the ZO6 comes with forged internals,so that excuse is all shot up.

In closing,good kill. Show those chebbys whose boss.

Thats pretty harsh basically were all driving around in ford fairmonts... Do you concider Mazda SUV's, Miata's? or Vice versa?

All I have to say to sophistication is fords taken a car like the Cobra and gotten it to handle to par with the Z06, with that old fairmont platform.

I dont know whats worse... The fact the Mustang is stuck, at the current, with such an old decreped platform, stunting its handleing performance in comparison to todays performance cars, or the fact Chevrolets most technologically advanced Corvette is barely pulling through a road course without a, "Tug Boat", CobraR or 03Cobra nipping at its heels.

Is that good for Ford? Or bad for Chevy? (or both?)

I imagine you'll probably roll your eyes at this whole post... If you do thats fine with me but firmly beleive I pose a very legitiment arguement. Before you say it too, im in no way implying that the ford fairmont platform has more room for improvment than the vette platform. I'm just saying I'm more impressed by looking at how far Fords taken a 25 year old platform than I am looking at how well a brand new platform performs. The reason is because I, along with everyone else, pretty much take for granted that newer is better, nothing new there.

As far as the LS6 power plant goes, its news to me that its running with anything but a steel intake and conn rods. If you dont mind me asking, where did you here about a stock LS6 running forged internals? Iv been in many a 03Cobra vs Vette debates and I'v yet too here that fact come up in opposition to the "Heavier duty engine" arguement.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
....looking down on the much more advanced and technologically sophisticated honda,all the while riding around in a tricked out Fairmont,is silly at best.
What exactly qualifies you to say a honduh is in any way the "much more advanced and technologically sophisticated" vehicle in comparison to an 03 Cobra? I just thought I should ask that question because you sound like you're the chief engineer for honduh with your "much more advanced and technologically sophisticated honda" statement.

Just a question.

Users who are viewing this thread