Z06 is a 11.70 car best case scenario.

The Z06 can run a 11.70 all day, who can run an 11.50 all day and how? Pick an opt.

• 11.50 or better with a STOCK NONported Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 58 30.5%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 15 or less psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 16 or more psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 15 or less psi

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 16 or more psi

Votes: 19 10.0%
  • 11.5 or better with a StocK Eaton and NO2

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton and NO2

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple and NO2

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB and NO2

Votes: 19 10.0%

• Total voters

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
carrrnuttt said:
You, with your vast knowledge, are both assuming that the car you saw was indeed an C6 Z06, when for all we know it was simply a modded C6, and also downplaying what the Z is capable of.
So your insinuation is that I'm lying.
Tell you what, slapnuts...go over to Superstallions.com, register, and go to the SSOTN Forum and ask anybody what the blue C6 Z06 was running last Saturday at Cecil. There were close to 170 cars at the event...I'm sure most of them saw the Z06 and what it ran. There was also a C5 Z06 running ~12.1's on DR's, otherwise stock.
carrrnuttt said:
I'd also trust a magazine over you for now, considering that more than one magazine is staking their reputation on the fact that they printed that they were able to get a stock C6 Z06 past 125mph in the quarter, all matched by actual owner accounts. Who knows what you've seen and claimed to have heard, as biased as you are.
Honestly, I don't give two shits whether or not you think I've skewed anything. Feel free to post on the Eastern Section at LS2.com. Ask any of those guys what the Z06's were running at E-town two weeks ago at the Corvette Challenge.
Or, go buy a magazine and read it instead. :poke:
You sound like another magazine jockey.

The fact is, the Z06's are going to be hobbled by TM, just like the base C6's are. If you weren't a magazine jockey, and went to the track, you might know this. The owner at Cecil even commented that TM was killing the car, and when he tried to drop tire pressure, he had some sort of issue.
You can't compare these cars to a C5 Z06, compare them to a C6. With ~100rwhp more, I'd expect them to run around low-mid 120's.
S.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Snorman said:
The guy who wins cares about ET. What a ridiculous statement. ET wins races, not trap speed. And the "roll races" are for the guys who can't drive, plain and simple.
Those who don't are usually the guys who like to make excuses.
S.

Oh, so if you were to race a KB Cobra and get a better ET than the other guy, yet you trap 10 mph less, you are going to think you have the faster car??

I am talking strictly about the faster car, not the better driver. ET is irrelevant to how fast a car is. If it was relevant, then my car is faster than the Lingefelter Z06 that ran a 12.3@135 mph at the Z06 fest. Sweet, i got the faster car.. :loser:

Last edited:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Snorman said:
FYI...that car wasn't "stock".
It has "headers, high flow cats and a Vette Doctor air filter."
Link.

I agree...they are awesome cars, and out of the box I don't think anything can touch them, particularly in that price range.
However, I'm starting to get skeptical of the 125-127mph "stock" C6 Z06.
S.

Remember alot of these Z06's aren't even broken in yet. Also it's probably tricky to launch them and keep them under control. One thing I do know is they are way more capable of a 117-120 trap speed. The C5 Z06 with 100 less hp trapped in that range.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Snorman said:
Well dipshit, how does comparing two entirely different cars allow you to draw the conclusion that one will run XXX mph?
So a modded C5 ran 118mph...what the **** does that have to do with what a C6 Z06 will run with a multitude of changes in comparison to a C5 Z06?
I'll spell it our for your stupid, slow ass...where are all the low-12 second LS2 C6's? They're making as much power as the C5 Z06's only a few pounds heavier (for those of you who count ounces as if they're the key to a car's performance), and most of them struggle into the 12's. A few have gone mid-12's in the ~112mph range. So explain how the base C6, with similar HP, close to the same weight, is several mph and several tenths slower than a C5 Z06.
S.

You got to remember alot of what's killing the LS2 powered cars is the torque management.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
Oh, so if you were to race a KB Cobra and get a better ET than the other guy, yet you trap 10 mph less, you are going to think you have the faster car??

I am talking strictly about the faster car, not the better driver. ET is irrelevant to how fast a car is. If it was relevant, then my car is faster than the Lingefelter Z06 that ran a 12.3@135 mph at the Z06 fest. Sweet, i got the faster car.. :loser:
Keep telling yourself you have the "faster car" when you're looking at taillights.
Better yet, tell the other guy that. :lol1: :lol1:
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Remember alot of these Z06's aren't even broken in yet. Also it's probably tricky to launch them and keep them under control. One thing I do know is they are way more capable of a 117-120 trap speed. The C5 Z06 with 100 less hp trapped in that range.
I agree.
They'll undoubtedly run faster than 117-120...I just think it won't be 126-128mph like some think.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
You got to remember alot of what's killing the LS2 powered cars is the torque management.
Yup...I said that in an earlier post.
I believe the quickest stock C6 time out there is a 12.49@112-113mph.
S.

METALBEAST

Best of Both Worlds
Established Member
Snorman said:
Well dipshit, how does comparing two entirely different cars allow you to draw the conclusion that one will run XXX mph?
So a modded C5 ran 118mph...what the **** does that have to do with what a C6 Z06 will run with a multitude of changes in comparison to a C5 Z06?
I'll spell it our for your stupid, slow ass...where are all the low-12 second LS2 C6's? They're making as much power as the C5 Z06's only a few pounds heavier (for those of you who count ounces as if they're the key to a car's performance), and most of them struggle into the 12's. A few have gone mid-12's in the ~112mph range. So explain how the base C6, with similar HP, close to the same weight, is several mph and several tenths slower than a C5 Z06.
S.

Because you stupid ****ing **** lick, I am comparing a HEAVIER car with LESS HORSPOWER that traps at what you say a stock C6 Z06 traps at. Its common ****ing sense asshole. God you must be the stupidest ****ing person I have ever came across :kaboom:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
METALBEAST said:
Because you stupid ****ing **** lick, I am comparing a HEAVIER car with LESS HORSPOWER that traps at what you say a stock C6 Z06 traps at. Its common ****ing sense asshole. God you must be the stupidest ****ing person I have ever came across :kaboom:
Nice response.
Let's see...we'll compare the C6 Z06 to the C5 Z06 even though it's a significantly different car.

Where did I say a Z06 would only trap 118mph? Find the quote, dickhead. I said I was "skeptical" of the 125-128mph C6 Z06.
:loser:
S.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Snorman said:
Where are all these mid-120mph C6 Z06's?
I was out to dinner with some friends a few weeks ago. One of them is the "driver" for Cartek. He was at the Corvette event at Etown a few weeks ago. He told me there were three C6 Z06's, all running 118-120mph in the mid-high 12's...all day. Then I see one running, all day, at Cecil and it goes 119mph.
What gives? I can't attribute an 8 mph difference to driving, and it was good air at Etown and Cecil.
S.

LOL
I ran against the car you are talking about that day..
He was running 11.9@120 by the end of the day, and getting better with each run, with the car sideways.. This was his first time out with the car, AND WAS LEARNING how to drive it... :rolleyes:
The car is an easy mid 120 mph car with a decent driver...Bone stock..
End of story.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I definately believe 125. I don't care where your loyalties are in terms of cars, this is a beast and I predict that within 1 year there will be some 11.20-30's layed down once poople get them figured out.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Purvis said:
LOL
I ran against the car you are talking about that day..
He was running 11.9@120 by the end of the day, and getting better with each run, with the car sideways.. This was his first time out with the car, AND WAS LEARNING how to drive it... :rolleyes:
The car is an easy mid 120 mph car with a decent driver...Bone stock..
End of story.
Thats me in the right lane in my stock 02' Z that ALMOST ran 11's (12.2) its first day out.. :D
SSOTNFALL05_0812-vi.jpg
I saw three passes, all were what I posted. He was in lane 3 (I think) when I made my last pass. I got bounced for no bar by the track on the return to the pits...then there were a few (?) oil downs and no racing. If he went 11.9@120, he must have done it on that last pass because on the three that I saw he was nowhere near 11's. I made my last pass after they cleaned up after the Buick oiled down the left lane and wazslow broke both axles. It was ~3:20pm. FYI...that car didn't belong to the driver, it was another guy (older guy, big beer gut, grey hair) that owned it. I was with those guys by the car and heard the owner say it was giving him fits with the "computer" and that he tried to air down the tires and it pulled "a bunch of power" out of it. The owner apparently ran the car too...with no spectacular times. And it wasn't anywhere near "sideways" on any of the passes I saw.

Still, I'm a doubter...I suppose until I see one run somewhere near the times they're claiming for them or at least hear from somewhere reliable that they ran the number. I have no doubts whatsoever that they'll run low-mid 11's at 123-125mph...I'm doubting these 126-128 claims.
:bored:
BTW...you were running DR's, right?
S.

Last edited:

machman

04 SVT COBRA
Established Member
i ran a 11.8 at 120 with a 2.76 pulley stock blower with 18in wheels and bfg dr i belive with some 15 or 16 in wheels and some et streets i could easy do 11.50 or faster but the new zo6 is doing mid to high 11s on street tires with some drag radials it should do some low 11s stock

mikes93

Established Member
I thought someone post a video of 125 mph on last page. http://wiked03vids.home.comcast.net/GLDc6z06.wmv
I am sure with DR and good 60" they could run 126-127 easy
I was at e-town few weeks back on vette day, I was in my supra. there were 2 cars a silver and a yellow c6 z06s, didn't see them run but heard it was bad, like start at 13s and ended with mid 12s. there were 2 c5 z06 TTs that ran 10.2 and one broke at the lite.
I ran 11.69 @126

transam-98

Established Member
f-body's with similar power to the new z06 will run in the 120's. and we have a few hundred pounds more than them. mid 120's are definitally beleivable. but there are always variables to how much throtle you give the car and shift speeds. i've run 109 and come back and ran a 115 on the next pass. not every trip down the strip is identical.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
TEABG said:
Can your kid sit in the back of the ZO6? In a accident would you want to be in the new Z06 or your COBRA?
I got rid of my Cobras back seat just because I didn't want any kids in it. And the 40 lbs of extra dead weight.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
mikes93 said:
I thought someone post a video of 125 mph on last page. http://wiked03vids.home.comcast.net/GLDc6z06.wmv
FYI...that car wasn't stock. It had the fuse for the exhaust baffles (which I think is a very neat concept!!!) pulled and headers.

And everybody who is arguing this point with me needs to understand one thing...I think the C6 Z06 is probably the best all around package out there...PERIOD! Huge kudos to GM for building the beast. I'm waiting for the feeding frenzy to subside a bit, and am going to seriously consider one in the spring. However, as was previously mentioned, the fact that it's a 2-seater sort of complicates my decision. With kids, those back seats come in handy on occasion.
S.

Last edited:

Shawn MacAnanny

Pillage BEFORE you burn!!
Established Member
TEABG said:
Can your kid sit in the back of the ZO6? In a accident would you want to be in the new Z06 or your COBRA?

Why would you be driving a kid around in an 11 second car anyway? Most people dont buy that car for the practicality or the safety of it. I dont think the back seat of a cobra is much safer than the front seat of a Z06 anyway. They have airbags but i mean you shouldnt be taking a 3 year old riding around in a Z06 or a cobra anyway. That's for minivans and Kia's.

Users who are viewing this thread