Z06 is a 11.70 car best case scenario.

The Z06 can run a 11.70 all day, who can run an 11.50 all day and how? Pick an opt.

• 11.50 or better with a STOCK NONported Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 58 30.5%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 15 or less psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 16 or more psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 15 or less psi

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 16 or more psi

Votes: 19 10.0%
  • 11.5 or better with a StocK Eaton and NO2

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton and NO2

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple and NO2

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB and NO2

Votes: 19 10.0%

• Total voters

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
thats ignorant.. :nonono:
Not when a friend tells me three ran similar trap speeds and ET's in similar weather at another near-sea-level track.
Tom's_03SVT said:
look at the trap speed. thats an easy 12.0-11.9 runnner.
Well that's fabulous...but considering I went 11.0@128mph on 17" DR's...I'll reaffirm that I'm not worried yet.
Tom's_03SVT said:
Ive seen a few 03/04 pullied cobras run 13.5-13.2...whats your point
The point is, when guys aren't duplicating magazine times, I begin to be skeptical.
What's your point...that you've seen a pullied Cobra run 13.5's?
:lol: :nono:
S.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Snorman said:
However, I'm starting to get skeptical of the 125-127mph "stock" C6 Z06.
S.

I'm not. 3200 lbs. + 450+ rwhp = good for 125mph. I'm not big on what any one car runs on this day or that. With 474rwhp on my old setup in my C5 Z I went 128+. The power is proven on the dyno, the weight is proven on the scales. The matter is just getting it down the track.

p.s I didn't know the Vette doctors car wasn't stock. That said, a car I know is stock(as stated by the owner) with 2500 miles went 124 and then 125 on back to back runs. Previously it had gone a best of 121. I'm sure something in the TM ****s it up, similar to how SL65's will go 119 and then 126 on back to back runs...

Last edited:

TNTramair

Established Member
i cant beleive the 125-127 trap speeds either on a bone stock z06...i wont beleive that untill i see it in person...i do know they are a serious machine and i cant wait till i start seein them on a regular basis.

on a side note... how'd you make out fri night snorman???
went out sunday to pontiac day and was able to get a new [email protected] 2.06 60' on nittos..i might break down and put some slicks and skinnies on it and see what it can really do, but i have to wait to get the money for a rear incase this one decides to go kaboom.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
TNT,
I didn't race on Friday. I went to the rental, and was there most of the day. A few of the guys were trying to talk me into buying into the rental for $70 (a few guys broke and were selling slots), but I put a fresh clutch in the car on Thursday and only had ~200 miles on it. I would have run if I needed to run, but I didn't. Air the last two Fridays at Atco was awesome...low-mid 40's with low humidity and high pressure.
Kinda' wish I would have raced.
:(
Nice times...you need to hook that car...unless you want to be chasing Cobra taillights. :burnout: :p
S.

TNTramair

Established Member
Snorman said:
TNT,

Nice times...you need to hook that car...unless you want to be chasing Cobra taillights. :burnout: :p
S.

HAHAHA....true true...but if we go from a roll it may be a differant story... :beer: .

yeah if it could hook it would be nice...gotta wait for a rear...thats the only thing holdin me back from throwing slicks on it. you cobra boys know all about rear problems...:D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Snorman said:
...but considering I went 11.0@128mph on 17" DR's...I'll reaffirm that I'm not worried yet.
What are your mods? With that 128 trap speed I'm assuming a Whipple or KB? Or a decent shot of nitrous? Just curious.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I'm looking forward to seeing how great the aero is above 120 on these things vs new edge stangs.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Snorman said:
Where are all these mid-120mph C6 Z06's?
I was out to dinner with some friends a few weeks ago. One of them is the "driver" for Cartek. He was at the Corvette event at Etown a few weeks ago. He told me there were three C6 Z06's, all running 118-120mph in the mid-high 12's...all day. Then I see one running, all day, at Cecil and it goes 119mph.
What gives? I can't attribute an 8 mph difference to driving, and it was good air at Etown and Cecil.
S.

Last weekend at Atco,NJ. We saw a brand new ZO6 (with Dealer Plates on) run. He Totally F'd the launch, and did NOT powershift, and ran a 12.5x. Though, it was over 122mph! With practice, there's definitely potential there. :eek: :bowdown:

Fadis_Z

Established Member
How can you guys NOT believe that a 450+rwhp, 3132 lb car will do 125 in the 1/4?? Who cares about the ET. ET is totally irrelevant to a cars performance because ET is ALL driver. I have seen Supras go 12.3@135 before, does that mean a Cobra that goes 12.0@120 is faster? I will leave that one up to you guys...Here is proof of STOCK Z06's trapping at 125+

1)
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91028

2)
Scroll to post #8
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90454

3)Video is a 125 mph pass
http://wiked03vids.home.comcast.net/GLDc6z06.wmv

All these cars are BONE stock!!

Fadis_Z

Established Member
And after the 1/4 mile, these cars are even more lethal.

Don't you guys remember the 498 rwhp Cobra that got beat by ~6 cars by a Lambo Gallardo with a Tubi exhaust? Well, a stock C6 Z raced that Lambo with Tubi and put a hurtin on it from a roll.

Believe me guys,from a roll, it is going to take some serious hp to beat one of these cars.

TNTramair

Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
And after the 1/4 mile, these cars are even more lethal.

Don't you guys remember the 498 rwhp Cobra that got beat by ~6 cars by a Lambo Gallardo with a Tubi exhaust? Well, a stock C6 Z raced that Lambo with Tubi and put a hurtin on it from a roll.

Believe me guys,from a roll, it is going to take some serious hp to beat one of these cars.
i saw that vid..matter fact...here it is..

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=4E2BC9CD-4F4A-4061-84C8-245231177C4A&p=2

enjoy

METALBEAST

Best of Both Worlds
Established Member
Snorman said:
Where are all these mid-120mph C6 Z06's?
I was out to dinner with some friends a few weeks ago. One of them is the "driver" for Cartek. He was at the Corvette event at Etown a few weeks ago. He told me there were three C6 Z06's, all running 118-120mph in the mid-high 12's...all day. Then I see one running, all day, at Cecil and it goes 119mph.
What gives? I can't attribute an 8 mph difference to driving, and it was good air at Etown and Cecil.
S.

And I have raced C5 Z06s with nothing but a CAI that run 118 MPH at the track. With 100 more RWHP and less weight why in the HELL would you doubt that they could run mid 120s?

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
Who cares about the ET. ET is totally irrelevant to a cars performance because ET is ALL driver.
The guy who wins cares about ET. What a ridiculous statement. ET wins races, not trap speed. And the "roll races" are for the guys who can't drive, plain and simple.
Those who don't are usually the guys who like to make excuses.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
METALBEAST said:
And I have raced C5 Z06s with nothing but a CAI that run 118 MPH at the track. With 100 more RWHP and less weight why in the HELL would you doubt that they could run mid 120s?
Because I'm not an internet racing, magazine jockey.
From what I've seen, and those that I know have seen, these cars aren't going to be running over 125mph.

/duck and cover as the GM-loyalists arrive to defend the beloved Z06.
:poke:
S.

METALBEAST

Best of Both Worlds
Established Member
Snorman said:
Because I'm not an internet racing, magazine jockey.
From what I've seen, and those that I know have seen, these cars aren't going to be running over 125mph.

/duck and cover as the GM-loyalists arrive to defend the beloved Z06.
:poke:
S.

Hey dumbass, how does "I raced a C5 Z06 that trapped 118" make me an internet magazine racer? I SAW THE CAR RUN IT AT A DA OF 1000'. Again tell me how a car with 100 more RWHP, weighing LESS would not be able to run 7 MPH faster :loser:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
METALBEAST said:
Hey dumbass, how does "I raced a C5 Z06 that trapped 118" make me an internet magazine racer? I SAW THE CAR RUN IT AT A DA OF 1000'. Again tell me how a car with 100 more RWHP, weighing LESS would not be able to run 7 MPH faster :loser:
Well dipshit, how does comparing two entirely different cars allow you to draw the conclusion that one will run XXX mph?
So a modded C5 ran 118mph...what the **** does that have to do with what a C6 Z06 will run with a multitude of changes in comparison to a C5 Z06?
I'll spell it our for your stupid, slow ass...where are all the low-12 second LS2 C6's? They're making as much power as the C5 Z06's only a few pounds heavier (for those of you who count ounces as if they're the key to a car's performance), and most of them struggle into the 12's. A few have gone mid-12's in the ~112mph range. So explain how the base C6, with similar HP, close to the same weight, is several mph and several tenths slower than a C5 Z06.
S.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
METALBEAST said:

Snorman's in denial. I think he's catching the "SRT-4 fever".

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Snorman said:
Yeah...sure.
Any of my three cars will show a C6 Z06 a set of taillights.
:kaboom:
S.

And there are modded SRT-4's that can show a stock '03 Cobra its taillights...your point?

*MY* point is, SRT-4's claim victories against S/C Cobras by either claiming that A) an '01, or even an SN95 Cobra is an '03, or B) downplaying how fast the '03's are.

You, with your vast knowledge, are both assuming that the car you saw was indeed an C6 Z06, when for all we know it was simply a modded C6, and also downplaying what the Z is capable of.

I'd also trust a magazine over you for now, considering that more than one magazine is staking their reputation on the fact that they printed that they were able to get a stock C6 Z06 past 125mph in the quarter, all matched by actual owner accounts. Who knows what you've seen and claimed to have heard, as biased as you are.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
DBK said:
Please. Already, I've seen an [email protected] backed up by an 11.51 by a stock C6 Z06. The best case at 127.59 is far better than 11.70. I've put down 11.4s at a lower mph.

And the best case from a roll is 99% of cars heads on a platter. Including all CPIE 03's, the vast, vast majority of ported eaton cars, and lots of Twin Screws. I haven't seen video, but a non-bullshitting friend I have said a 480 rwhp CPIE 03 lost to a stock C6 Z by about ~6 length from a roll to 140. Physics gives me no reason to doubt it.

If physics won races, we wouldnt' need drivers. I see your point though.

Users who are viewing this thread