ZAINO Group Purchase

coleman

Established Member
i need to see pricing and i do so hate manual labor unless i know the results will be impressive...

anyone have any before and after phtos of zinc yellow (not any vendor-tained stuff either).

i'm just afraid i'd mess up my whole factory finish...

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Zaino is great guys, don't worry. You'll love it. Easy to put on and take off, no dust.. on and on. Great stuff. The last Zaino GP I saw on the net didn't really save much at all. I think all you got was a free wax applicator or maybe a buck or two off. But I guess that's better than nothing right? :)

For those who don't know, the bare minimum to do it right:

You'll need at least one bottle of Z1 and one of Z2 plus the Z18 claybar. That's all you really need for the paint.

Get some Z5 (use in place of Z2) if you have swirl marks or light scratches.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a bottle of Z16 as well.

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Zaino is great guys, don't worry. You'll love it. Easy to put on and take off, no dust.. on and on. Great stuff. The last Zaino GP I saw on the net didn't really save much at all. I think all you got was a free wax applicator or maybe a buck or two off. But I guess that's better than nothing right? :)

For those who don't know, the bare minimum to do it right:

You'll need at least one bottle of Z1 and one of Z2 plus the Z18 claybar. That's all you really need for the paint.

Get some Z5 (use in place of Z2) if you have swirl marks or light scratches.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a bottle of Z16 as well.

Good to know. I live in the desert. I used Mcguirs (sp.) and by noon the following day the car is covered in a fine layer of dust. ARRRRRGGGHHHHH.... :fm: Still looks good just frickin dusty... Does the Zaino decrease the amount of dust significantly?????

CWCobra

Established Member
I would be interested. I'd sign up for a case of the Z-whatever-the-hell-number-it-is for the basic polish for clear coat. it's good stuff!
Later,
CW

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Elliotness

Good to know. I live in the desert. I used Mcguirs (sp.) and by noon the following day the car is covered in a fine layer of dust. ARRRRRGGGHHHHH.... :fm: Still looks good just frickin dusty... Does the Zaino decrease the amount of dust significantly?????

I meant no dust from the wax when you take it off. It'll still get on the car, but if it's claybared then done with the polish, not a whole lot will stick to it :)

Lomancobra: Straight from Zaino's site:

Z-18 ClayBar removes imbedded contamination from the paint finish that cannot be removed using conventional cleaning methods. Z-18 is non-abrasive and works like no cleaner, compound or chemical can and is safe for use on all paint finishes. The following contaminants are a general description of some of the contaminants that Z-18 ClayBar removes. *Rail dust- is actually tiny, sharp bare metal shavings that can adhere and imbed in the paint finish and cause serious damage when left untreated. Over 70% of new vehicles are transported from the factory using the rail system, therefore rail dust is present on new vehicles. There are many instances where a vehicle travels or is parked near a railroad in which case the finish is infected with rail dust. *Brake dust- similar to rail dust, brake dust is also in the form of tiny, sharp bare metal shavings. In recent years, asbestos brake pads were replaced with metallic brake pads, which are actually brake pads made from tiny metal or metallic shavings. Anytime a vehicle is braking; brake dust is disbursed into the air and onto the paint finish. Since the brake dust is now actually tiny particles of bare metal, this form of brake dust can seriously damage the paint finish when left untreated. * Industrial fallout- is the general term used for pollution and can be found in many forms. Eventually, pollution settles onto the paint finish of all vehicles and can cause serious damage when left untreated. *Tree sap, Road tar, Bug residue, Paint overspray, acid rain deposits and other contaminants that adhere and imbed into the paint finish can cause damage when left untreated. Contaminants that are left on the paint surface can weaken the protective properties and even cause serious damage to the paint finish after a short time. Z-18 ClayBar is optional, but highly recommended as the ultimate way to truly clean the paint finish and prepare the surface for Zaino polish.

I use a sponge and a bucket w/dawn and water. Use the sponge to wet the area to be clayed. You use that as a lube so the clay glides over the paint. Flatten out the piece of clay and start moving it across the paint. If it's clean it'll slide right across it. It'll "catch" on dirt/contaminants. You just go back and forth in that area til it slides freely. As the clay gets dirty, you just stretch and fold it over to get a clean area. Then just hose off the area and move on.

The Z18 comes w/ 2 bars. I've used one bar to do my F150 twice and the Mustang once. It's clean enough to use still. You just CANNOT drop it on the concrete. Then the grit gets in the clay and it's no good.

If you guys don't wanna do Zaino, just get the Meguiers clay from the store. Wash w/ dawn, claybar, then finish with your favorite wax/polish. A "step system" will give the best results. Do try the claybar though, it's great! You won't have a whole lot of dirt since the cars are so new, but it will take off any rail dust and other crap. It'll be cleaner than when you got it that's for sure...

No circles though:nono: straight lines only or the evil swirlies will get ya :eek:

Last edited:

2003snake

Established Member
I'm sure you can't count in myself and my buddy montman and maybe my other buddy Fytefire

J.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
No circles though:nono: straight lines only or the evil swirlies will get ya :eek:

You mean no circles with the clay, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

No circles with clay or wax, or when you wash and dry it.. I always go foward and back on the top and sides. Some go up and down on the sides, depends on the car...

I mentioned that b/c of the swirl post earlier :)

FINICKY

Established Member
so are we doing a group perchase or what:thumbsup:

skstang

Established Member
I 2nd that Finicky. What the hell is going on? I need some Zaino now. I'm not gonna wait forever to save $2. Let us know what the story is. I need to order some tomorrow.:gt:

Users who are viewing this thread