ZL-1 Killed on Interstate with 2012 GT

Laloosh

Established Member
Yeah, and high 12s is a fairly representative number for a stock 5.0...

At what tracks, remember that pesky thing called DA... And I'm sure EVERY 5.0 with ANY driver can produce the same times...

Right...as I've pointed out once before my times were in line with kdanner another individual that is actually knowledgeable and took measurements vs just pulling a number out his @ss like you... see my previous response based on your bud's own times...

Don't worry I'm on top of things and I actually have a pbox and take measurements...I don't just guess what my car will do...
Same asshole as before I see. Nice chatting with you. Common sense is still something you can't grasp. Btw I know exactly what my car does, I actually go to the track and test it.

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
In the 1/4 maybe, but not the slightest what it will do 60-130 so try not to pull numbers out your @ss...

Wrong again. You keep forgetting about starting spots, gearing, and shifting. Common sense says if you out trap a 10.10 car both in the eight and 1/4 while gaining more mph in the back half you are not running mid 12s. Let me guess you went tithe track and went 12.7 at 113?

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Wrong again. You keep forgetting about starting spots, gearing, and shifting. Common sense says if you out trap a 10.10 car both in the eight and 1/4 while gaining more mph in the back half you are not running mid 12s. Let me guess you went tithe track and went 12.7 at 113?

:nonono:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
In the 1/4 maybe, but not the slightest what it will do 60-130 so try not to pull numbers out your @ss...

Where do I find a 60-130 track?

Is there a chain of them across the country, does NASCAR hold such an event?

What if I want to run the 70-140 or even 90-160 cause I have a ton of spin with these 6.094% advantage 3.07 gears?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Well, I see this thread has grown some legs!

Back from my Isaac "staycation," which was so enjoyable. LOL.

The GT survived, no tree fell on it, preventing me from getting a GT500.

Mike

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Are the pboxes all comparable to each other and to reality? If someone did 60-130 runs using a pbox, stopwatch on the speedo, or sct datalogging, how much variable would there be between the 3?

Just wondering.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Are the pboxes all comparable to each other and to reality? If someone did 60-130 runs using a pbox, stopwatch on the speedo, or sct datalogging, how much variable would there be between the 3?
Just wondering.

The Pbox is a very accurate tool because it uses a 10Hz GPS receiver to take the measurements. This isn’t like the receiver in your tom tom or garmin.

The stopwatch method is hard to say how much it would be off because there are multiple issues with trying to use a stopwatch and the speedo. First there is the human reaction time for starting and stopping at the 60 and 130 mph marks. Then there is the accuracy of the speedometer as well as the accuracy of the individual trying to decide when you are at the speed while reading the speedometer. The problem wouldn’t necessarily be the magnitude that you are off with the stopwatch but how much variation between runs, a human isn’t going to be able to start and stop the timer in a repeatable fashion.

Regarding the sct data logging, that will depend on how high the resolution is of your samples. If you are able to get samples at a high enough resolution (~100hz) than it can work, I’m not sure if the standard software that comes with the sct handheld is sufficient though. The only other limitation using that method would be how accurate are the car’s sensors used to count the revolutions which is then used to calculate the speed. Obviously if you are running tires that are slightly different than stock the calibration won’t be perfect and error can be introduced BUT I’d say it could be a decent way of taking the measurement, much better than a stop watch or one of those gtechs from years ago.

ZROTOWTF

Established Member
I can't believe I just read this entire thread end to end, lol.

My 2c's...Roll racing is apples vs. oranges compared to drag strip. My best E.T. ever on street tires was 12.03, but I regularly trap 126-129 depending on heat here in NC. I've had my car for a year and a half and I've yet to lose to anything on the street/highway (including 6 motorcycles of varying degrees). At my power levels and slicks I should be in the mid to high 10s. That is what it feels like when I hammer down from a roll. I think a lot of great points were made on both sides, so I'm not taking one myself.

On a side note, WTF is with corvette drivers. I've been unable to get one to pedal down with me for this entire time. I've even taunted a few I knew would probably spank me or come close, nada. Only vette i've ran the entire time was at the track and he only pulled a 12.3 at like 122. Not sure what he had done, he left right after that run.

I think I'll hook up my GTech Pro SS and see what my 60-130 is. I don't think I've ever checked anything like that. Learned alot about that in this thread so thanks.

Laloosh

Established Member
I will save you some time, your car is in the 7 second range, but wait trap speeds are useless right lol.

Established Member
I was at the track last night and there was a yellow ZL1 with MT drag radials , running 12.60-70's @ 110-111 MPH, I thought that was pretty slow considering my 13 GT with nothing but a FRPP Procal was running 12.90s @ 110 on stock tires.

Someone with a ~600rwhp ZL1 ran an 11.88 @ 118.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I have trapped 119.42.

I wish the guy had come around to the side of me, but it was not exactly planned. He came after me, I gave him the best indication I could that I was about to go...and I went. I have had people try to do the same to me before, and I have practically driven through their bumpers because I was clearly faster. This guy was 100% on it, and all he did was watch me pull away. Was he in the wrong gear? I don't know. Did I get a jump? I don't know. I usually don't roll race, but I will take an interstate hop if it presents itself. If the Z was genuinely quicker than I was, he would have reigned me in, simple as that. I am sure at the track, it would have been even more definitive, considering my car runs consistently in the high 11.7s-low 11.8s.

It was fun, and I consider it a "win."

Mike

ZL1's can barely run low 12's stock... Yet some people here can't believe your car that traps 119, and runs 11.7s to 11.8s somehow can't or shouldn't beat a ZL1 that can barely run those times.

There is nothing hard to believe about this.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
ZL1's can barely run low 12's stock... Yet some people here can't believe your car that traps 119, and runs 11.7s to 11.8s somehow can't or shouldn't beat a ZL1 that can barely run those times.

There is nothing hard to believe about this.

I hear you.

Mike

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Where do I find a 60-130 track?

Is there a chain of them across the country, does NASCAR hold such an event?

What if I want to run the 70-140 or even 90-160 cause I have a ton of spin with these 6.094% advantage 3.07 gears?

I was getting ready to ask the same thing. Who the **** cares about 60-130 times? :lol: The only real race is at a track.

Users who are viewing this thread