ZL-1 Killed on Interstate with 2012 GT

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I rolled by a new ZL-1 this morning on the interstate in traffic. He immediately came after me. After a little weaving around traffic cleared and he glued himself to my bumper. I downshifted twice to 3rd and we both dropped the hammer. It really was not even close. He fell back about 3 lengths and just could not keep up. I ran it out through the top of 4th and then pulled into my lane for the exit. I guess I must have pissed him off, because I got the full ricer fly-by. LOL.

Pretty weak sauce, if you ask me. No traction advantage here...I just simply overpowered (or outdrove) him.

Mike

Good kill, nice numbers...:beer:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
:dw:

You do realize that the 1/2 mile roll racing event was a roll racing event and that the speeds start to finish of those races was very similar to the OP's encounter...

:shrug:

I guess my 5.0 is a dog AND this zl1 was a freak...

WTF is this gay ass event you keep referring to? Rolls for retards??

OPs car traps almost 120 and runs exceptionally well for the mods, I haven't seen a ZL1 come remotely close to that.

He would MURDER the Z in the 1/4 anyways, has timeslips to prove it, yet you keep spouting off about some dumb lame 1/2 mile world roll race championship WTF???

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
WTF is this gay ass event you keep referring to? Rolls for retards??

Oh what wit...

The event was actual legitimate side by side roll racing vs taking the hit with a car behind you on the highway...

He would MURDER the Z in the 1/4 anyways, has timeslips to prove it, yet you keep spouting off about some dumb lame 1/2 mile world roll race championship WTF???

:bash:

I'm sure it is difficult to understand but using 1/4 mile performance to ascertain the outcome of a roll race (or in this case a roll chase) like the op described is stupid and meaningless. Using a 60-130 time or other first hand experience of legitimate roll races between these cars is much more useful.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Oh what wit...

The event was actual legitimate side by side roll racing vs taking the hit with a car behind you on the highway...

:bash:

I'm sure it is difficult to understand but using 1/4 mile performance to ascertain the outcome of a roll race (or in this case a roll chase) like the op described is stupid and meaningless. Using a 60-130 time or other first hand experience of legitimate roll races between these cars is much more useful.

OK, so by your theory, the OPs car just flat out shuts down after 119 mph, and these 13 sec magical top end terrors start FLYING at 120??

blkvenm97

Established Member
It is like beating a dead horse....

1/4 mile is not indicative of the results of an interstate roll race...

this is a totally false statement. no...1/4 mile ETs are not indicative of an interstate roll race...but when you're trapping 2 or 3 mph more in the quarter you have the faster car...

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
OK, so by your theory, the OPs car just flat out shuts down after 119 mph, and these 13 sec magical top end terrors start FLYING at 120??

Of course that isn't my theory and anyone with an intellect that surpasses a child's wouldn't think that was my assertion at any point.

I'm afraid the simplicity of some people's minds exceeds even the simplicity of the physics involved with this scenario.

It can't be put any more simple than I've already put it but here it is again.

The C&D 60-130 time of the zl1 was tested as 10.6 seconds. This measurement is as indicative as you can get of the performance of a vehicle in a roll race.

My bolton 2012 5.0 has done a best 60-130 of 12.42. I'm willing to concede that the OP is a better shifter and is making more power just to be as amicable as possible. He does however have 3.31 gears vs my 3.55s which means he already has a 7% mechanical disadvantage. So is it possible the OP can produce a 60-130 in the 11.8 second range...sure...that is still well short of the 10.6 of the zl1.

Further, I watched and participated in races where a bolton 5.0 with 3.73s and mine couldn't come close to matching a zl1 in roll races in FL in high temps and humidity.

I'm not here to change the minds of any fan boys, I'm here to voice my opinion in a public forum...

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
this is a totally false statement. no...1/4 mile ETs are not indicative of an interstate roll race...but when you're trapping 2 or 3 mph more in the quarter you have the faster car...

Gears and driving longer than 1/4 mile can erase that 2-3 sec advantage.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Of course that isn't my theory and anyone with an intellect that surpasses a child's wouldn't think that was my assertion at any point.

I'm afraid the simplicity of some people's minds exceeds even the simplicity of the physics involved with this scenario.

It can't be put any more simple than I've already put it but here it is again.

The C&D 60-130 time of the zl1 was tested as 10.6 seconds. This measurement is as indicative as you can get of the performance of a vehicle in a roll race.

My bolton 2012 5.0 has done a best 60-130 of 12.42. I'm willing to concede that the OP is a better shifter and is making more power just to be as amicable as possible. He does however have 3.31 gears vs my 3.55s which means he already has a 7% mechanical disadvantage. So is it possible the OP can produce a 60-130 in the 11.8 second range...sure...that is still well short of the 10.6 of the zl1.

Further, I watched and participated in races where a bolton 5.0 with 3.73s and mine couldn't come close to matching a zl1 in roll races in FL in high temps and humidity.

I'm not here to change the minds of any fan boys, I'm here to voice my opinion in a public forum...

I guess I'm just old school, I go out race, win some lose some, didn't know a masters in physics was needed to argue on the internet.

All I see here is a bolt on 5.0 being quicker in this particular instance, and the margin would be tremendous if they ran from a dig, get back to your 7% mechanical disadvantage speak.... yet quote magazine times 60-130 lolol

Do you wash your hands 10,000 times a day? Maybe sit around discussing the possible integers as to how Batman could beat Superman.... Weirdo

I guess I'm just old school, I go out race, win some lose some, didn't know a masters in physics was needed to argue on the internet.

All I see here is a bolt on 5.0 being quicker in this particular instance, and the margin would be tremendous if they ran from a dig, get back to your 7% mechanical disadvantage speak.... yet quote magazine times 60-130 lolol

Do you wash your hands 10,000 times a day? Maybe sit around discussing the possible integers as to how Batman could beat Superman.... Weirdo

+1

This has been made more complicated than it should have been.
getoff-1.gif

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
5.0 guys are getting out of hand. There was never a race. How can you be in front of a car in the same lane and have a race. According to the story all the ZL could do was lose. Couldn't pass because the 5.0 was blocking him. Then the margin is judged by the rear view mirror. Take into account the ZL has to hit after him.

Big difference between roll ons and dead stand still racing. I watched a 5.0 beat a M6 in the 1/4 on the street and hit the highway only to get raped. Don't understand how a car behind you can be racing you

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I didn't know a masters in physics was needed to argue on the internet.

It isn't... It also should be self explanatory to anyone that has been around cars much that 1/4 mile and a high speed roll race aren't the same thing and different factors are involved and to differing degrees.

All I see here is a bolt on 5.0 being quicker in this particular instance,

Yeah, more than likely because the zl1 grabbed the wrong gear, or wasn't even downshifted at all yet etc etc etc, he was behind the OP... no honks no nothing just behind him and then chasing...

get back to your 7% mechanical disadvantage speak....

That is what you think requires a m.s. in physics to figure out? That is simple arithmetic...(3.55-3.31)/3.31 = 7% less mechanical advantage with a 3.31 rear end...

yet quote magazine times 60-130 lolol

As opposed to quoting 1/4 mile times????

At least 60-130 times are related to the OPs encounter...

No but I also don't sit around in a mustard stained dukes of hazard t-shirt all day discussing if she is my 2nd or 3rd cousin...

Yellow03snake

Established Member
It isn't... It also should be self explanatory to anyone that has been around cars much that 1/4 mile and a high speed roll race aren't the same thing and different factors are involved and to differing degrees.

Yeah, more than likely because the zl1 grabbed the wrong gear, or wasn't even downshifted at all yet etc etc etc, he was behind the OP... no honks no nothing just behind him and then chasing...

That is what you think requires a m.s. in physics to figure out? That is simple arithmetic...(3.55-3.31)/3.31 = 7% less mechanical advantage with a 3.31 rear end...

As opposed to quoting 1/4 mile times????

At least 60-130 times are related to the OPs encounter...

No but I also don't sit around in a mustard stained dukes of hazard t-shirt all day discussing if she is my 2nd or 3rd cousin...

Listen genius, I've been street racing since the early 90s, I head to Florida for a good month or so every year in the winter. I can make a stop wherever you are at, we can line them up, put trains on whatever car you own or ZL1 you can produce, take your Phoenix University college fund, and afterwards discuss the 0% advantage your wallet has over mine...

WTF is wrong with you?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Listen genius, I've been street racing since the early 90s, I head to Florida for a good month or so every year in the winter. I can make a stop wherever you are at, we can line them up, put trains on whatever car you own or ZL1 you can produce, take your Phoenix University college fund, and afterwards discuss the 0% advantage your wallet has over mine...

WTF is wrong with you?

Oh he mad

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
lol at people comparing magazine times to real life "equations" :lol:

what a pissing match. i beat a ZL1 the other day, too.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member

WTF is wrong with you?

your funny - LOL. i needed a good laugh this morning :banana:

T.O.Snake

Established Member

WTF is wrong with you?

Who cares if you:
- have been racing since the early 90s?
- have a faster car than theCPE?

You said you didn't think you needed a masters' in physics to argue, but here's a protip - facts tend to win most arguments. In that regard, theCPE just took your money.

Users who are viewing this thread