ZL-1 Killed on Interstate with 2012 GT

04nccobra

Established Member
Listen genius, I've been street racing since the early 90s, I head to Florida for a good month or so every year in the winter. I can make a stop wherever you are at, we can line them up, put trains on whatever car you own or ZL1 you can produce, take your Phoenix University college fund, and afterwards discuss the 0% advantage your wallet has over mine...

WTF is wrong with you?

:shrug:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Listen genius, I've been street racing since the early 90s, I head to Florida for a good month or so every year in the winter. I can make a stop wherever you are at, we can line them up, put trains on whatever car you own or ZL1 you can produce, take your Phoenix University college fund, and afterwards discuss the 0% advantage your wallet has over mine...

WTF is wrong with you?

You live in hoosier St. Chuck, you drive a Mustang and you're bragging about your wealth? :lol:

I think I've seen it all now, folks.

Last edited:

Klay

Established Member
5.0 guys are getting out of hand. There was never a race. How can you be in front of a car in the same lane and have a race. According to the story all the ZL could do was lose. Couldn't pass because the 5.0 was blocking him. Then the margin is judged by the rear view mirror. Take into account the ZL has to hit after him.

Big difference between roll ons and dead stand still racing. I watched a 5.0 beat a M6 in the 1/4 on the street and hit the highway only to get raped. Don't understand how a car behind you can be racing you

I'll concede it wasn't much of a race and you can't extrapolate the 5.0 is faster based on the results. However, the way his car has performed I don't see how hard it is to believe he would win head to head?

Most of the time people concede a car that traps at minimum 2 mph (more likely 4-5 mph) will have the advantage in a roll race. First time I heard people arguing the opposite. I can see plenty of people just plain hate the 5.0 so they take this opportunity to knock it. I know some of the 5.0 guys think higher of their car then they ought to and make outlandish claims but I just don't see it here.

X R8TED

Established Member
ZL1's are not quick/fast. They are not 03/04 Cobras or Shelby's. So a bolt-on 5.0 beating one is believable.

Op good kill.

What color? I saw a black with black wheels at NPR on Weds running N/T. Guess he didn't want anyone to know how slow it was?

Wrong.....too say they not fast at all is a bold statement with no proof, I not saying there fast as hell but there not slow and Good kill OP, and is your sig right? 11's in a "stock" 12?....rightttttttttt

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Race, we racing. Oh my bad thought some points were about to be proven. I destroyed a vette today in the TMP van. Cruising on H1 in the hov lane about 60. Pulled in behind me because there was another car beside me.

Looked in my mirror to make sure he was game. I could tell he was because he was still behind me. Turned the over drive off for quicker acceleration. Didn't need the trans dropping back the extra gear. I felt the motor come alive with the OD off. Gave my mirror another glance and he was still there. Snatches it out of drive into 3rd and pinned the petal to the carpet. Shut down around 90 and slowed back down to 60. Put about 9 bus lengths on him. Cut the OD back on and threw him the deuces. Nothing like a good slaughter on the highway to pass the day

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Wrong.....too say they not fast at all is a bold statement with no proof, I not saying there fast as hell but there not slow and Good kill OP, and is your sig right? 11's in a "stock" 12?....rightttttttttt

He's not stock, that's pretty much your own assumption

He's lightly modded with a tune

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Who cares if you:
- have been racing since the early 90s?
- have a faster car than theCPE?

You said you didn't think you needed a masters' in physics to argue, but here's a protip - facts tend to win most arguments. In that regard, theCPE just took your money.

What facts? His ability to spew out magazine times and apply them to an actual race that happened between two cars on the street he knows absolutely nothing about 100s of miles away??

Sorry, I thought this was a "street racing" topic, not some scientific analogy by some know it all who races 60-130 and holds the results he has "seen" like Moses held the 10 commandments and applies them to every 5.0 vs ZL1 race ever run...

The guy is a tool, and in "real" street racing environment he'd be laughed out of the parking lot.

Laloosh

Established Member
It is like beating a dead horse....

1/4 mile is not indicative of the results of an interstate roll race...
1/4 et isnt, trap speed however is. If mike is is trapping 116-117 and got the jump, theres no reason a zl1 will not catch him especially if hte race is only to 125-130ish.

btw if you car is hitting 12.4x 60-130, you need to figure out what your problem is ASAP, I would expect a stock 5.0 to hit those times. My old 135 that trapped 120 was hitting low 9s, based on that alone I estimate my 5.0 with basically no mods to be in the low 10s at the very worst.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Please show me a car that traps 120mph run a 9.
Reading comprehension, strong with you it is not :lol1: :beer:

He was talking about 60-130, his 135 was doing it in 9 secs.

Seems like the 5.0 threads are getting even bigger now. :pop:

Laloosh

Established Member
Reading comprehension, strong with you it is not :lol1: :beer:

He was talking about 60-130, his 135 was doing it in 9 secs.

Seems like the 5.0 threads are getting even bigger now. :pop:

Bingo, if you look at the 6speedonline 60-130 results you will see a member by he name of lostmarine with a 2009 m3 that ran 10.10 60-130, I can show you a video of me raping him with my 5.0 over and over again....

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Bingo, if you look at the 6speedonline 60-130 results you will see a member by he name of lostmarine with a 2009 m3 that ran 10.10 60-130, I can show you a video of me raping him with my 5.0 over and over again....
Was lostmarine in the e90 forums also? Name sounds very familiar, I believe he had a 335i (very fast BTW) then a supercharged e92 m3?

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
Was lostmarine in the e90 forums also? Name sounds very familiar, I believe he had a 335i (very fast BTW) then a supercharged e92 m3?

Same guy. He had a 11.0-11.1 at 126-127 upgraded stock turbos 335. Then he bought the m3, did a couple basic bolt ons and ran 10.10 60-130 and I think his best was 12.4 at 115-116 in it. Recently he bought a blower for it and is in the process of testing and ironing things out.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
btw if you car is hitting 12.4x 60-130, you need to figure out what your problem is ASAP, I would expect a stock 5.0 to hit those times.

I remember you...

Looks like this is going to be similar to the last thread with you on a different forum...

Stock I did 14.05 which is almost identical to what C&D got during their testing so cool story...

My old 135 that trapped 120 was hitting low 9s, based on that alone I estimate my 5.0 with basically no mods to be in the low 10s at the very worst.

First, it is very easy to get incredible 60-130 times, the allowance for a 3% down grade is supposed to mitigate the help that gravity provides but unfortunately even with a 2.5-3% slope you can have an incredible decrease in time during the run, on the order of 15%, so what kinda slope were you running, were is your pbox file? Staying within the allowed slope you can produce 60-130s in the same car producing the same power anywhere from low 9's to low 11's...

My runs are all on a flat stretch (just like mag testing...)for a reason, I'm not out trying to create a ridiculous number that isn't related to my car's power output...

Second, DA will matter too and if not accounted for :shrug:

Third, your "estimate" about your 5.0 is just that, a ridiculous estimate with no real measurement data so again...cool story...

Also, kdanner produced a similar low 12s 60-130 in his 5.0 with similar mods...so keep guessing what your 5.0 will do...

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
I remember you...

Looks like this is going to be similar to the last thread with you on a different forum...

Stock I did 14.05 which is almost identical to what C&D got during their testing so cool story...

First, it is very easy to get incredible 60-130 times, the allowance for a 3% down grade is supposed to mitigate the help that gravity provides but unfortunately even with a 2.5-3% slope you can have an incredible decrease in time during the run, on the order of 15%, so what kinda slope were you running, were is your pbox file? Staying within the allowed slope you can produce 60-130s in the same car producing the same power anywhere from low 9's to low 11's...

My runs are all on a flat stretch (just like mag testing...)for a reason, I'm not out trying to create a ridiculous number that isn't related to my car's power output...

Second, DA will matter too and if not accounted for :shrug:

Third, your "estimate" about your 5.0 is just that, a ridiculous estimate with no real measurement data so again...cool story...

Also, kdanner produced a similar low 12s 60-130 in his 5.0 with similar mods...so keep guessing what your 5.0 will do...

:thumbsup:
My runs we're done on a 1.5 down slope. Don't have the files as it wasn't my box. As for my 5.0 times, look up lostmarines times (10.10) and this is me racing him after he hit those times. He redlighted to try and make it close. I trapped 117 and change on this run.

YouTube - 2012-Mustang GT Vs 2009 BMW M3 DCT

As for car and driver lol, didn't they say the stang runs 12.9ish as well? Cause that was cute as many people went 12.6 and under with the fastest guy running 12.3? Learn to shift or find your problem and try again cause running mid 12s 60-130 is pretty freaking slow for your mods/car.

You are starting in 3rd at like 40 right? With my 3.31 car and a raised limit it is only 1 shift, the 3-4. If you are starting in 2nd and finishing in 5th well that explains your slow times.

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
My runs we're done on a 1.5 down slope. Don't have the files as it wasn't my box.

Oh...no file what a shame, I also see it isn't listed at 6speedonline on the official times list so while you claim -1.5% there is no way of verifying that, not that a -1.5% slope isn't a big enough help to start with.

As for my 5.0 times, look up lostmarines times (10.10) and this is me racing him after he hit those times. He redlighted to try and make it close. I trapped 117 and change on this run.

1) Comparing 1/4 mile and 60-130 is a stupid and futile endeavor, there is so much more driver variability in the 1/4 vs 60-130, never mind other factors pertaining to the car.

2) The 10.10 that your bud ran was on a 2% down slope (verifiable at 6speedonline) and we have no DA data but I see he is from NJ so compared to the hot, humid crap air I have here in FL it is safe to assume he did that with some nice DA as well. So if you account for his 2% down slope that brings his time to between 11.8 - 12.0. Considering my best run was done with very high temp and humidity the last few tenths difference is easily accountable...

So like I said... cool story:loser:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
As for car and driver lol, didn't they say the stang runs 12.9ish as well?

Yeah, and high 12s is a fairly representative number for a stock 5.0...

Cause that was cute as many people went 12.6 and under with the fastest guy running 12.3?

At what tracks, remember that pesky thing called DA... And I'm sure EVERY 5.0 with ANY driver can produce the same times...

Learn to shift or find your problem and try again cause running mid 12s 60-130 is pretty freaking slow for your mods/car.

Right...as I've pointed out once before my times were in line with kdanner another individual that is actually knowledgeable and took measurements vs just pulling a number out his @ss like you... see my previous response based on your bud's own times...

You are starting in 3rd at like 40 right? With my 3.31 car and a raised limit it is only 1 shift, the 3-4. If you are starting in 2nd and finishing in 5th well that explains your slow times.

Don't worry I'm on top of things and I actually have a pbox and take measurements...I don't just guess what my car will do...

Last edited:

gs462

Established Member
I was at the track last night and there was a yellow ZL1 with MT drag radials , running 12.60-70's @ 110-111 MPH, I thought that was pretty slow considering my 13 GT with nothing but a FRPP Procal was running 12.90s @ 110 on stock tires.

Users who are viewing this thread