ZX-9 how fast? I just smoked one.

turbo94gt

Established Member
Sorry if i came off a little defensive, but i am just trying to point out that anything can happen on the street.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
turbo94gt said:
Sorry if i came off a little defensive, but i am just trying to point out that anything can happen on the street.
The point is you got lucky. The numbers are not in your favor. Anyone who thinks they are is not the brightest bulb.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Point is, it's not the fastest bike.

Well, anything that can turn 142 on a runway in the 1/4 is fast as balls. I read a comparo between the MV and ZX-10R and they were pretty comparable speedwise. The ZX-10 is obviously more of the wildman though...

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
DBK said:
Well, anything that can turn 142 on a runway in the 1/4 is fast as balls. I read a comparo between the MV and ZX-10R and they were pretty comparable speedwise. The ZX-10 is obviously more of the wildman though...
Ride it once. It's nuts. We had a used one at the dealership and it's the most insane bike ever.

00GT

Banned
Page 64 of the September issue of Road and Track. 100-150 mph times in seconds. MV Agusta Tamburini does it in 6.4 seconds. The Jaguar XKR Trans-Am does it in 7.4 seconds. It has 630 hp, weighs 2550 lbs., and is way sleeker than your Stang. You beat the rider NOT the bike, enough said.

03cobratech

Established Member
What everyone needs to keep in mind, is that sportbikes loose alot of their advantages against cars when racing from highway rolls. Sportbikes fall victim to aerodynamics at high speeds. Unless you are talking busa or zx-12. My 00 Gsxr 750 had all the boltons you could buy, if i'd be at my sweet spot in 1st or 2nd gear i'd run from a 500rwhp 03 cobra. But as you go higher and higher the race will become closer.. Also because these bikes typically rev to well over 10k rpm (not exactly sure about the zx-9) if the bike isnt in its powerband it could take a matter of seconds to start reaching full acceleration. I think thats the common problem riders run into when trying to race cars. When i first got my bike i ran into that problem once or twice and I got walked by some fast car, once i started racing while in my power band, i'd run away from some pretty fast cars.. Alot of riders dont worry about downshifting to the right gear before drag racing. Most guys dont buy sportbikes for drag racing.. I do though!!! You get alot more for your money in terms of acceleration then the cars :beer: Nice kill though...

Last edited:

03cobratech

Established Member
kneedragger said:
Gearing, aerodynamics, powerband. The Ninja also has Ram-Air, which accounts for more horse @ speed, which the dyno cannot record.

It's faster than the MV. The MV is not a quick bike. It's not meant to be. I gaurantee that bike makes over 124 at the wheel. Even at that, it would still have the power to weight ratio to eat you.

The MV is within reach of the 05 zx-10 and gsxr 1000 moron... It IS faster then any zx-9 built to date... You're quoting mag numbers from two different mags on two different days. Look up cycle worlds test of the agusta MV, zx-10 and gsxr 1000. Those were the only liter bikes tested for superiority to every other liter bike built today.. Learn your stuff before running your mouth...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
03cobratech said:
here is a test of the three bikes recorded on the same day....

ZX10 = 10.04 at 144
agusta MV = 10.18 at 142
gsxr 1000 = 10.03 at 144

Yeah, that was the test I was thinking of. I remembered the difference in the 1/4 was almost negligible. Obviously the ZX10 is the faster bike, but even a fractional error and either bike could be faster. Although we know which one is better looking...drooooool.....

03cobratech

Established Member
When comparing 1/4 mile times of sportbikes u need to look more at trapspeeds. Hell the zx-6r is like 4 tenths slower in the 1/4 then the zx-10 r, does that meant they are close in terms of acceleration?? HELL NO. Bikes are light they are all capable of turning great 1/4 miles ET's in the right hands that is. For the faster bikes to shine they need to run 1/2 mile or a standing mile, thats where you would see the extra power come into play. Down here in south florida the drag racing is done in a standing mile, thats a much better test for a bikes acceleration...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
werd...it's no secret there are plenty of 600's now that are capable of knocking off liter bikes in the quarter if they aren't driven well...

Y2KSVT

Established Member
A lot of people hiding their BS flags? Can nobody say they've beat cars/bikes that they SHOULDN'T have? Are all races exactly how magazines say they should be? No, which is why people race! It's when people post a kill story about something they technically shouldn't have beat, that people start crying about it. Anybody wanting to start a pissing match should check out this website.

www.mydadcanbeatupyourdad.com

Mark

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Trap speed tells the story of the bikes power. Bike A. trap 135 and bike B. traps 143, Bike A. might beat bike B. in the 1/4th but we know which bike is coming up and passing bike A. after the 1/4th.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am not going to deny what happened but I myself have raced a bike or two. I have raced a 600cc Bike, 600rr from a 45MPH roll. We both hit it and I made him look like he stood on the brakes. I have not raced anything other than a 600, but I think from the distance I put on him, I should be able to beat if not be side by side with a 750cc. ZX10/12 R1 954RR's now those are all different stories, I don't think I would win but I don't think they would run all over me. ALL bikes hit a brick wall sometime above 120+, esp for the 600cc. The higher the Litre Bike the higher the MPH before they aerodynamics effect them, but it will play a role on how fast you go. They are going to keep pulling, and fast but no where as fast as 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Now this isnt about me, but just trying to shead some light on the fact its not hard to walk on a bike. If anyone has a 600/750 even a 1000cc I wouldn't mind running. We could tape to for a educational video. Before you even think about calling BS on my car, lets just say its more than 650RWHP.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
"more than 650rwhp"..........Godd kill on the 600, just remember, saying litre bikes "hit a brick wall @ 120" is not accurate @ all. Yes, the acceleration is affected, but bigger bikes still pull pretty fu--in hard @ 130-160. Also, if you start modding litre bikes, everything changes .

Last edited:

jasonc32amg

Established Member
2003Slobra said:
I am not going to deny what happened but I myself have raced a bike or two. I have raced a 600cc Bike, 600rr from a 45MPH roll. We both hit it and I made him look like he stood on the brakes. I have not raced anything other than a 600, but I think from the distance I put on him, I should be able to beat if not be side by side with a 750cc. ZX10/12 R1 954RR's now those are all different stories, I don't think I would win but I don't think they would run all over me. ALL bikes hit a brick wall sometime above 120+, esp for the 600cc. The higher the Litre Bike the higher the MPH before they aerodynamics effect them, but it will play a role on how fast you go. They are going to keep pulling, and fast but no where as fast as 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Now this isnt about me, but just trying to shead some light on the fact its not hard to walk on a bike. If anyone has a 600/750 even a 1000cc I wouldn't mind running. We could tape to for a educational video. Before you even think about calling BS on my car, lets just say its more than 650RWHP.

I'm in the gardens...be happy to explore that brick wall at 120 on my zx10 :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread