ZX-9 how fast? I just smoked one.

Mr.B

Banned
Well then you have one fast Mo' Fckin Mustang brother!! If you have any vids of it in action post em!! Me likes video!!!! :beer:

byeofcr

Established Member
turbo94,
sorry it took so long to respond on this thread, i totally forgot all about it.

Bunker Hill is an industrial park in paterson that after 8-9pm is a ghost town. It used to be a real good place to test and tune, but after we had a big flood up here, the train tracks about 50 yards from the old start line sank in and now you have to start past the tracks which shortens the run and you have to get onto the brakes fairly hard in time or youll run out past the stop sign. Its not a busy area at all by any means, the only thing that goes anywhere near there is some garbage trucks. The cops are generally cool, unless the county comes which is far and few between, but even still they just tell everyone to break it up. I would say Bunker hill, Avenue P in Newark, or in Jersey city by the water are some of the best areas to run around here, TONS of fast cars down there. Lots of money too.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
2003Slobra said:
I am not going to deny what happened but I myself have raced a bike or two. I have raced a 600cc Bike, 600rr from a 45MPH roll. We both hit it and I made him look like he stood on the brakes. I have not raced anything other than a 600, but I think from the distance I put on him, I should be able to beat if not be side by side with a 750cc. ZX10/12 R1 954RR's now those are all different stories, I don't think I would win but I don't think they would run all over me. ALL bikes hit a brick wall sometime above 120+, esp for the 600cc. The higher the Litre Bike the higher the MPH before they aerodynamics effect them, but it will play a role on how fast you go. They are going to keep pulling, and fast but no where as fast as 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Now this isnt about me, but just trying to shead some light on the fact its not hard to walk on a bike. If anyone has a 600/750 even a 1000cc I wouldn't mind running. We could tape to for a educational video. Before you even think about calling BS on my car, lets just say its more than 650RWHP.

I said the same thing about 8-months ago (based on experience, about 7-years ago in a blown 5.0) killing 750's and beating 1,000,s (from 70mph rolls) and got blasted by the bike community. At least a few spoke up (us old guys in our 40's who have been doing this for a while) and said it's true with "older" bikes. The bikes I remember didn't trap at 135...

Anyway, I'm still waiting to get creamed. Have only managed to basically tie, and get thumbs up in 70 mph rolls with what looks like newer rockets.

Matbe they don't downshift?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
I said the same thing about 8-months ago (based on experience, about 7-years ago in a blown 5.0) killing 750's and beating 1,000,s (from 70mph rolls) and got blasted by the bike community. At least a few spoke up (us old guys in our 40's who have been doing this for a while) and said it's true with "older" bikes. The bikes I remember didn't trap at 135...

Anyway, I'm still waiting to get creamed. Have only managed to basically tie, and get thumbs up in 70 mph rolls with what looks like newer rockets.

Do you want me to set up a money race for you?

03cobratech

Established Member
65mph_Roll said:

When i had my cobra i had plenty of encounters with newer sportbikes, and seemed to pull away alot of the time. From both low and high speed rolls, i'd constantly be getting thumbs up and guys shaking their helmets in disbelief that i could hang or sometimes beat them. Then one day i ran into a black/silver 04 gixxer 1000 with a rider that was all about drag racing his bike. From a 60roll in 3rd (not the 03/04 cobras optimum starting point) i took off next to him, as i started pulling past him i could see out of the corner of my eye him clutching it and downshifting a few times. Even with me getting a healthy lead he was able to put multiple lengths on me in only one gear (now that i ride i believe that to be his second gear).. Try to imagine my view, first he started fading away as he was downshifting to 2nd, then it looked like he got shot out of cannon as he proceeded to hand me my ass.. The way he was able to slingshot past me in 2nd from 60 he was probably -1 on the front sprocket or +2 or 3 in the rear. My point is that alot of sportbike riders have no interest or experience in drag racing. Sooner or later you'll run into someone with a liter bike/ busa or the like that knows how to drag race from a roll and you'll see their monstrous acceleration first hand. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
it doesnt even have to be a liter bike. i have been riding bikes for a few years now, and i have riden everything from a 600 to a liter. right now i have a 2005 R1. with that bike i was in 1st gear at 9000 RPMs and was doing 77 mph... the tach red lines at 15k. i dont know of many cars that can hang with that and still be street legal. on a 2000 kawi zx6r i ran an 11.9@117. it had minimal mods done..exhaust etc. the point is, unless you have one bad @ss car or that rider cant ride... you wont win. its not impossible to beat a street bike, its just not easy.

00GT

Banned
Haulin_05 said:
right now i have a 2005 R1. with that bike i was in 1st gear at 9000 RPMs and was doing 77 mph... the tach red lines at 15k.

BS! That would be 128 mph in 1st gear tached out. I don't buy that for a second.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
I'm impressed. First thing I did after catching all the flack was to open the back of a new Motorcyclist mag and check out all the 130+ trap speeds--holy sh#!t.

Anyway, I'm waiting to be blown away from a 70 mph roll (by a skilled rider interested enough to downshit a couple of gear--just hasn't happened yet!).

65mph_Roll

Established Member
kneedragger said:
Do you want me to set up a money race for you?

No--I do believe what everyone's saying, just haven't gotten beat yet.

Will definitely report it though!

jasonc32amg

Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
No--I do believe what everyone's saying, just haven't gotten beat yet.

Will definitely report it though!

You may never get beaten, one thing I've noticed is the proliferation of posers that buy these bikes after seeing Torque or to impress chicks. I'm up in Orlando doing some consulting for a friend and noticed a bunch of squids riding around last night on 436 in flip flops and no helmets clearly just trying to be seen... :dw: :smmon:

BLUBLLS

jasonc32amg said:
You may never get beaten, one thing I've noticed is the proliferation of posers that buy these bikes after seeing Torque or to impress chicks. I'm up in Orlando doing some consulting for a friend and noticed a bunch of squids riding around last night on 436 in flip flops and no helmets clearly just trying to be seen... :dw: :smmon:

Happens all the time around here up at Streets of Woodfield. I can't understand it. The worst thing I see though is the people who have the helmets yet they leave them on the bike of the bike while riding cause they want to look cool :loser:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Happens all the time around here up at Streets of Woodfield. I can't understand it. The worst thing I see though is the people who have the helmets yet they leave them on the bike of the bike while riding cause they want to look cool :loser:
First mistake: Why are you cruising the Streets Of Woodfield? I live in Glenview and avoid that place and Busse Woods like the plague.

That place inspired my Meatheads article, honestly.

BLUBLLS

kneedragger said:
First mistake: Why are you cruising the Streets Of Woodfield? I live in Glenview and avoid that place and Busse Woods like the plague.

That place inspired my Meatheads article, honestly.

Ya, I don't hang up there though. Somtimes I just do a quick cruise by to see if any of the people I know are there. I can't stand just sitting there on my bike like all these guys do just to look cool. I bought my bike to ride, and that's what I do. Or I go their for Jamba Juice, Power Size Peenya Kowlada :bowdown:

And yes that place definately gives you a lot of info to write about. You got a link to this article? I would like to read it :beer:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Ya, I don't hang up there though. Somtimes I just do a quick cruise by to see if any of the people I know are there. I can't stand just sitting there on my bike like all these guys do just to look cool. I bought my bike to ride, and that's what I do. Or I go their for Jamba Juice, Power Size Peenya Kowlada :bowdown:

And yes that place definately gives you a lot of info to write about. You got a link to this article? I would like to read it :beer:
Ask an ye shall recieve

I write under fargin_bastige.

Have fun.

BLUBLLS

kneedragger said:
Ask an ye shall recieve

I write under fargin_bastige.

Have fun.

Good article and I agree with it all.

One of my buddies just crashed out here in Schaumburg (like 300 feet from our houses, he lives the next court over) and he ended being one lucky SOB. He was going down plumgrove and a dear jumped out right in front of him while he was going 45. He killed the dear instantly and he want sliding down the road. O the leather jacket did it's job to some extent, it was to small on him so when he was sliding it went up a little = some road rash on the body, but he had to get a few stitches on his head. Why you ask? His dumbass had the helmet strapped to teh back of his bike instead of on his head :mj: :nono:

I also have a another buddy that finally got a helmet. The first day he wore it a rock cracked him right above the visor and seriously took out a nice chunk of the helmet :eek: He then comes up to me and says, "I will never ride without a helmet again!" :thumbsup: :rockon: Imagine if he had the ever so popular "just sunglasses on" :nonono: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

gsx

Banned
Established Member
I don't know how long this link will stay alive but here is a video of me vs a Honda 600 a few weeks ago....

Video

I can probably rehost it if it dies. I just need to get some traffic off my site right now since I've already exceeded my bandwidth for the month :(

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
I don't know how long this link will stay alive but here is a video of me vs a Honda 600 a few weeks ago....

Video

I can probably rehost it if it dies. I just need to get some traffic off my site right now since I've already exceeded my bandwidth for the month :(
The douchebag hit the rev limiter and killed the ignition. What did you expect?

gsx

Banned
Established Member
I can post the 2nd video if you want when he didn't hit the rev limiter. The result wasn't a whole lot different. I like that video because at least it shows he was starting in a low enough gear from a roll that he was redlining. He should of been well in to his powerband on that one. That bike has also been gutted and modified.

Keep in mind i'm also running a full weight GSX (3250lbs) with a 170lbs camera man.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread