First Picture/Video Thread: Base/Grabber/Recaros

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Never sat in Recaros before. But they're VERY firm, not so much in an uncomfortable way as in supportive way.

I've only got maybe an hour and a half of seat time, and most of it was focused on everything and everyone around me.

I'm 6' closing in on 190 pounds (damn wife and baby...definitely not my fault at all I eat and drink too much) and it's a tiny bit snug around the bottom of my ribs...

They look awesome.

One thing I don't know is how well they hold you in the seat. (They're pretty slippery when the plastic is still on them) :)

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Looks good. Is the power what you expected? Have you ever driven a 07-12 shelby to compare it to?

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Never sat in Recaros before. But they're VERY firm, not so much in an uncomfortable way as in supportive way.

I've only got maybe an hour and a half of seat time, and most of it was focused on everything and everyone around me.

I'm 6' closing in on 190 pounds (damn wife and baby...definitely not my fault at all I eat and drink too much) and it's a tiny bit snug around the bottom of my ribs...

They look awesome.

One thing I don't know is how well they hold you in the seat. (They're pretty slippery when the plastic is still on them) :)

We're roughly the same height/build and that's just about what I remembered and exactly what I was wanting to hear. Thanks bud. I'll leave you alone and let you enjoy your Shelby. I'm sure I have MONTHS to wait before I can make one of these threads LOL

Penemyone

Established Member
Congrats on a beautiful family and "CARS" to match. :burnout:

10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)
99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
P5180041.jpg

Thank god they changed the Key, I thought it was stupid that the GT500 got a regular Mustang key in 2012.... Not that it's a big deal... But it's the little things you know?

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
Thanks...also, sorry for not shaving :shrug:

not to worry. you handled the situation like a responsible Dad. if I were in your shoes, I might have strapped on one of the baby's diapers and gone MIA until a few tanks of petrol were guzzled.

congratulations to you and your family. you deserve it.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
congrats man! thanx for sharing it all!! please be safe and learn the car, saw you get squirly a lil bit there....and yes im jealous! :beer:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The not shaving wasn't the problem I had.... Nice MJ Crotch grab in the second video :nono:

I watched that video and I was like, wtf am I doing down there..

In reference to being a bit squirrelly, that was just me giving the wheel a slight turn.

The car does a surprisingly well job of holding the road under a decent amount of throttle. (havent been full throttle yet, but enough to enjoy a small tire bark)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Very Nice Ride!!!

Of course we can't forget the Cool seat for the other Baby!!

Forward or Rearward facing.......

KGrHqFoUE9dIWN1wBPkoPT1nw60_12.jpg

........although your wife may not be able to ride when the Simpson seat is rearward facing behind her unless she doesn't mind being against the dash/windshield....

R

Last edited:

melissa809

Established Member
Wow! Congratulations on the new car and the baby!!!!! Life must be grand right now! I picked up a new 2012 GT500 a couple months ago and I am JEALOUS!!!!! lol

Enjoy!

peteypab2133

Established Member
two questions to the OP!

I see you have an IU hat... Are you a student (saw the used books in the background)

If yes to either, I live literally 3 minutes from the university, and have a decent camera if you want a nice shoot!

question number 2.

Have you actually attempted to put the baby seat in the car. I am expecting in January, and although I am going to TRY to attempt to keep the car, I need to see if its even possible to ride my wife and a baby simultaneously.

Thanks !!!

Awesome car, and looks like you have a great family too

Users who are viewing this thread