CPE single turbo cobra dyno results, pic and VIDEOS!!!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
7.jpg

563rwhp
12psi on a MUSTANG DYNO
GT47-80 turbo
.020, cp pistons, stock rods with upgraded bolts (no hp gain)
JDM stage 3 BLOWER cams (may actually be hurting the turbo setup)
BONE stock everything else (heads, valves, etc etc)

Also, this was a back to back run, literally got done with 11psi, turned the boost controller and did another pass at 12psi

I dont want any of the following assumptions...
-the car was done on a mustang dyno, its 10% lower so the car made 619rwhp on 12psi
-the car lost 40rwhp from the blower cams
-the car lost 10-20rwhp because it was hot
-the car still has 600rpms to turn yet (rev to 7500ish)

We want NONE of that BULL. Like I said before, 563rwhp with this sized turbo at only 12psi is amazing for any dyno, tune, motor, etc etc. so no assumptions, this is what the car made!
We are expecting 700-750rwhp on 15psi on the mustang dyno and then we will take it to the max of my fuel system which could be 800-900rwhp.

sullivan rails
60lb injectors
2400 sct maf
mafia
md's upgraded line
stock pumps
bap
upgraded wireing

now to the videos... first start
http://media.putfile.com/GT47-80-CP...-03-Cobra-start

dyno videos
http://www.putfile.com/10th03cobra

not bad for the first time out and with time restraints, getting kicked off the dyno. We still had 600rpm's to pull and we still were going to lean the car out and add more timing as the initial tune was wayyy safe.

Plan now is to pull the blower cams out and put the stockers back in then take the car to james so he can do it on his time wtihout being rushed on his dyno, etc. Plus they will be dynojet numbers this next time. We are in no rush to finish this as paolo has a few TT vipers in the shop he is currently working on also.

I still cant wait to up the boost and finally take it out on the road. When I was in town last weekend, nothing but rain. We do have some videos of me driving it in the rain to still show the car is 100% streetable.

Remember the car is a stock looking, FULL WEIGHT (4040 with me in it), IRS, 6 speed, CONVERTIBLE on chrome 18's!!! :bowdown:

sdfssssd.jpg

cobra1.jpg

tons more pics located here along with the dynograph that didnt get black/whited out are in my sig link

Last edited:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
thanks man! I cant wait to see the higher numbers. Hopefully someone will copy my dynograph over here

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I noticed that you wrote that the blower cams might be hurting your turbo setup...if you decide to sell them, look me up with a price!

-Mike

jrbosking

Jr Drag King
Established Member
I was wondering.... How can blower cams hurt your set up? I understand since it is forced induction that you need different valve timing and duration. But wouldn’t blower cams be just as good on a turbo car?

Traffic_Cone

Established Member
jrbosking said:
I was wondering.... How can blower cams hurt your set up? I understand since it is forced induction that you need different valve timing and duration. But wouldn’t blower cams be just as good on a turbo car?
Remember it takes exhaust gases to drive the turbo...you need backpressure so that is why the blower grinds are hurting him. If you notice on turbo cams compared to blower grinds the intake lobes are similar but its all on the exhaust lobes where it changes because too much lift will not give you enough backpressure. But anyways great numbers eric...ill catch yea on aim next time cause I have a few more questions lol.

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
Why go back to the stock cams? If you're taking enough time to rip apart the motor once again why not try at least some Turbo cams? I believe that one of the major companies (Comp, VT, etc.) has a turbo cam. Might be good for a ~35+ rwhp gain.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
SVTDubs, you should contact HPP in Lewisville,TX they have done several and I do mean several turbo modular build ups and do custom grind cams. It may be worth looking into. HPP: 972-395-9844 I've also never heard anything but praise about their shop; and there is my sales pitch. :thumbsup:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
TheHaggeredOrange said:
Remember it takes exhaust gases to drive the turbo...you need backpressure so that is why the blower grinds are hurting him. If you notice on turbo cams compared to blower grinds the intake lobes are similar but its all on the exhaust lobes where it changes because too much lift will not give you enough backpressure. But anyways great numbers eric...ill catch yea on aim next time cause I have a few more questions lol.

Backpressure only hurts and slows down turbos. On a turbo motor, you want as little as possible, that is why huge turbo supras run 5" exhaust piping. I don't really know much about cams but I know this much. I would think that some company like MPH or VT could custom grind some cams for this setup.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Custom grinds are ridiculously expensive, I doubt he will be worried about squeezing a measly 50hp from cams when he should be investing in a bigger fuel system...why do cams when you can just crank it up a few more pounds safely with a fuel system :shrug:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The blower cams wouldn't be losing any more power than the stock cams, would they? If he can get $1000 for about the same power by switching to the stock cams, then I would say go for it, I understand that; I'm just curious whether or not he would GAIN power by switching back to the stock cams.

Users who are viewing this thread