My GT350R Initial Impressions

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buy a track car, then complain it feels like a track car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Who's complaining? Pretty sure he's expressing his opinion about the car he purchased?

Bouttime you'd take a second and shove it, IMO.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Who's complaining? Pretty sure he's expressing his opinion about the car he purchased?

Bouttime you'd take a second and shove it, IMO.
Lol, don't get mad.

I clearly read them as complaints. Especially considering he was categorizing the track specific characteristics, as negatives.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol, don't get mad.

I clearly read them as complaints. Especially considering he was categorizing the track specific characteristics, as negatives.

No one is mad. He's not complaining, just because he's giving his opinion about it and it doesn't follow yours...doesn't mean he's complaining.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
As a matter of fact, I am NOT complaining about any characteristic of the car. How some of you guys interpret observations as "complaints" is still a mystery to me. I'm simply giving my observations as uncolored as I can. Some folks might be weighing the purchase of an R against a standard GT350 (or any other sports car), and this might be important information to them.

Out of curiosity, Bouttime (and the others), what actual statements have I made are you considering complaints?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, don't get mad.

He's not complaining bro.
He loves his car. Just his personal observations.

Zemedici

Established Member
As a matter of fact, I am NOT complaining about any characteristic of the car. How some of you guys interpret observations as "complaints" is still a mystery to me. I'm simply giving my observations as uncolored as I can. Some folks might be weighing the purchase of an R against a standard GT350 (or any other sports car), and this might be important information to them.

Out of curiosity, Bouttime (and the others), what actual statements have I made are you considering complaints?

bam. From the man himself. Hilarious how everyone's upset about your opinion, yet we're the ones mad lolololol. oooooooooooook

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member

You may not have been complaining, but the overall mood of the "review" was very, bitchy. From your bouncy suspension, to poor visibility, to loud exhaust and road noise. It felt like a five paragraph bitchfest.

And I still find it odd, that all of your complaints are based on the cars track characteristics.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I have to admit, the original post really is a hit job on the car. If I didn't already own one and read that post, presumably from an unbiased owner, I sure a heck wouldn't buy one. Basically every paragraph was a complaint. My takeaway was it's slow, heavy, has an almost intolerable ride, sounds bad and doesn't perform as well as the previous version, which was engineered 4 or maybe 5+ years ago.

I'm not going to give the OP grief for a one-sided opinion piece, but I will speak up and say you can't deny that it was a complaint post.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Actually, I can deny that it was a complaint post because it was NOT a complaint post. If you guys are taking it as complaining, then that's your perspective, and your fanboy might be showing a little bit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You may not have been complaining, but the overall mood of the "review" was very, bitchy. From your bouncy suspension, to poor visibility, to loud exhaust and road noise. It felt like a five paragraph bitchfest.

And I still find it odd, that all of your complaints are based on the cars track characteristics.

I have to admit, the original post really is a hit job on the car. If I didn't already own one and read that post, presumably from an unbiased owner, I sure a heck wouldn't buy one. Basically every paragraph was a complaint. My takeaway was it's slow, heavy, has an almost intolerable ride, sounds bad and doesn't perform as well as the previous version, which was engineered 4 or maybe 5+ years ago.

I'm not going to give the OP grief for a one-sided opinion piece, but I will speak up and say you can't deny that it was a complaint post.

Oh brother.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Actually, I can deny that it was a complaint post because it was NOT a complaint post. If you guys are taking it as complaining, then that's your perspective, and your fanboy might be showing a little bit.

First and foremost... I am so not a "Fanboy". I'm entitled to like a car without being considered a nut-swinger. For the first 2 months I owned this car, I was trying to find a buyer for it, because I was incredibly disappointed in the car on the streets. I haven't sold it yet because I want to see how it does on the track.

A true story. My wife and I went to family counseling a few decades ago. The Counselor asked my wife if she felt like there were problems in our relationship that needed to be worked out, and she said yes. Then, the Counselor asked me the same question and I said "No. As far as I can tell, everything is fine." The Counselor then said, "If one of you think there is a problem and the other doesn't, then there's a problem."

I'll tell you this story because you may not think you are complaining... but most normal, reasonable people will read your post and draw the conclusion that you are indeed complaining. So, if you don't think you are complaining, but I do... then you're complaining. Its that simple.

To ensure we're all on the same page... Define Complaint: A statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable. Expression of grief, pain, or dissatisfaction: something that is the cause or subject of protest or outcry. A bodily ailment or disease: a formal allegation against a party

So, now that we have the definition of complaint, lets review why I see your posts as a complaint. All of the statement below are direct complaints. With the exception of 2 direct compliments elsewhere in the post, the statements below imply that pretty much everything else written is an indirect or implied complaint.

GT Premi said:
OMG this thing is bouncy!! And that's with the dampers in Normal mode. On some expansion joints, I would let out an audible grunt from being slammed into the seat.

GT Premi said:
Nighttime rearward visibility is horrible.

GT Premi said:
The wing sits right in the middle of my sight line. So if a car is right behind me, I can't even see it.

GT Premi said:
Think of the most obnoxious '03/'04 Cobra exhaust you've heard. It's kind of like that.

GT Premi said:
I will say, comparing it to my modded GT500, it's exactly as I feared would be the case if I bought one.

...and then you go on and on about how the car let you down compared to your GT500.

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Not really. It just pisses me off when people try to feed me shit and tell me its mashed potatoes. If someone chooses to believe Blue is Red... the rest of the world should tell them its Blue. This whole PC bull about safe spaces and being afraid to correct someone or voice an opinion is the reason our country is in the shape that its in now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not really. It just pisses me off when people try to feed me shit and tell me its mashed potatoes. If someone chooses to believe Blue is Red... the rest of the world should tell them its Blue. This whole PC bull about safe spaces and being afraid to correct someone or voice an opinion is the reason our country is in the shape that its in now.

What in the **** are you talking about?

That has to be the most hypocritical thing I have read in the last 2 minutes.

The guy bought a car, explained the shortcomings of it. You tell him he's complaining, he tells you he's not...now we're talking about PC and other bullshit?

Absolutely ridiculous. Don't bother inboxing me this time and apologizing for being incorrect.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Huh??? How is it hypocritical? That makes zero sense whatsoever. The guy complained (which in and of itself is not a problem) then says its not a complaint. I call BS because its BS... and you're saying thats hypocritical? That's a real WTF.

EDIT: Oh, yea. For got to add... Thank you for agreeing with me. I really appreciate it. You specifically typed that he "explained the shortcomings". That's the text book definition of a complaint. LOL

Compromise.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread