05 COBRA what do want under the HOOD? POLL!!!

WHAT ENGINE SHOULD BE PUT UNDER THE HOOD OF THE 2005 COBRA?

• Current 03 Cobra engine with small power increase 400hp?

Votes: 65 7.7%
  • The newly developed 2005 GT Engine N/A 400hp?

Votes: 78 9.2%
  • THE GT40 engine with 500hp?

Votes: 287 34.0%
  • 2000 COBRA R 5.4 DOHC With BLOWER?

Votes: 419 49.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
as long as its a forced induction motor we are ok because the rest of the engine will have to be strong. As soon as we go back to the high compression NA motors is when we are screwed.

exactly, all aluminum please

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by MustangDave
there will not be a gt40 in 07 production ends soon so they cant shoot themselves i the foot by giving us the gt40 motor

Id rather have the 07 Shelby V10 personally. :)

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra400
hehe GT40 engine would be nice :)

Renamed due to the height of the stance. Called the Ford GT these days. Unless of course you are speaking of the 427 that came in the Ford GT40 :thumbsup:

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by kn7671
I think the best option for the new Cobra would be the 5.4L engine in NA form, no blower. The 5.4L by itself done right could make close to 375hp with about 350tq. The top-end Mustang needs a shot of torque to do it justice.

If done right, it would make more than that, Ford already proved that with Carb (390HP, with the 289). 5.4 done right could offer 420+.

Fuerza

Established Member
I predict a 4.6 3v engine with an eaton supercharger.

400hp
400tq

I know my predictions aren't anything exciting but I don't foresee ford giving us the joy of a 5.4

I've heard other people talk about a possible 5v engine, that would be interesting. Also the 5.0 cammer engine would be cool too.

an 351 V10 cobra R would be nice.

guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Whiskey City

Established Member
OrangeSVTCobra,

It'll be a 5.4L, 4V, S/C engine. I've read Ford internal docs. Haven't read which s/c they'll put on it but Eaton is surely in the lead.

Good times!

Naste50

Established Member
Guys ever wonder what is due after this HIDEOUS (imo) body style? What are they going to go to then. I think it would be in their best interest to base the next one off of the 1987-93 Fox Body GT. A newer version of that bodystyle would absolutely ROCK. Then Ford can do away with their small bore HUGE stroke problem they have with the current line of mod motors. Lets face it, the 3.5" bore is rediculously small, even for a 4.6. Now figure in that they use it for the 5.4 and you get my idea! It's a TINY piston with no room for valves! This huge stroke problem shows. LOOK how tall and wide the mod motors are! I think that it was smart of Ford to use the mod motors from Lincoln originally for cost reasons but Ford should really cut the chains when they release the "2nd GEN mod motors". I believe that in the next Mustang, a 4 inch bore, 3 inch stroke TRUE 302 mod motor belongs in it. Restart the whole 5.0 craze all over again! Lets face it, if that engine was based off the original dimensions internally, they would have a much smaller engine package due to reduced deck height. You might actually leave some room under the hood to "SEE" those headers that you just broke your back installing. Im not even gonna start with the 351 "5.4 replacement" idea. After these two shortblocks become available, they can mix and match blower combos, SOHC, DOHC, 3 valve, 4 valve, hell, maybe even turbo (far fetched but had to include it!) Just my 2 cents! ROCK ON MUSTANGS :rockon:

Formula51

Established Member
Originally posted by Almo
If done right, it would make more than that, Ford already proved that with Carb (390HP, with the 289). 5.4 done right could offer 420+.

Ding Ding Ding!

Looks like all aluminum 5.4 NA 400-450hp. Great power, great weight savings and balance. Could be very promising. Supercahrged 5.4 caused the hood to be too high to meet safety regulations in some states and I think Ford wants to evolve away from the 4.6, so it looks like no supercharger as of now. Of course, things could change.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by "Whiskey City"
**SNAP, SNAP**CRISPY! WAKE UP!!!

*Unh*....huh? what am I doing here? Ohhhhhh....right. I'm awake now. Thanks! :p

Originally posted byOrangeSVTCobra,

It'll be a 5.4L, 4V, S/C engine. I've read Ford internal docs. Haven't read which s/c they'll put on it but Eaton is surely in the lead.]

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :coolman:

Formula51

Established Member
I dont see why Ford would use a 5.4 SC engine especially a 4v engine. It will be expensive and will again be good at one thing, going straight. If Ford wants to go upscale they have got to get rid of the grass roots type blowers and go centrifugal for weight and center of gravity. I'll bet you a shot of Johnny Black its not a 5.4 grassroots SC engine. I think you all have supercharger on the brain. While that engine is great in the GT, it doesnt work so well in front of the driver. Ford has got to go lightweight if all the talk of competing with the high end guys is true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread