08 GT500 vs 11 5.0. Is this normal?

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Sounds about right. I would inch on my brother's stock gt500, when I had intake, tune and exhaust. Now he got a procal and FRPP intake and next time we go I think I will be checking his brake lights out, he put down 520rwhp at JPC, GT500s are insane.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice runs. As everyone else said, sounds accurate to me. Those 5.0's respond very well to minimal mods.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Sounds about right. I would inch on my brother's stock gt500, when I had intake, tune and exhaust. Now he got a procal and FRPP intake and next time we go I think I will be checking his brake lights out, he put down 520rwhp at JPC, GT500s are insane.

520 seems alittle high probibly more like 470-480RWHP!!

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Sounds about right. Both cars respond very well to mods and the 5.0 is lighter. Add a tune, intake, pulley and offroad x-pipe and you will put bus lengths on him, even if he adds more bolt-ons.

blackvette101

Established Member
Yes his 5.0 and this Ford racing tune is very impressive last night he beat a 390/403 whp/wtq SRT4 (kid had Dyno sheet) from a 45 roll and only lost half a car on a 60 roll. It's honestly a shame that he is scared to lose the warranty because our dealership had 4 #8 cylinder failures when we installed our tune and we are on our second MT82 after 800 miles I want to see what it can do with some boost

papasnake

Established Member
Sounds about right. Both cars respond very well to mods and the 5.0 is lighter. Add a tune, intake, pulley and offroad x-pipe and you will put bus lengths on him, even if he adds more bolt-ons.

These are my mods, and I have yet to have any trouble with a 5.0.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
These are my mods, and I have yet to have any trouble with a 5.0.

What exhaust are you running with your o/r x? I am currently running muffler deletes but I know that adding an o/r x makes it nascar loud without mufflers.

I am not surprised with the outcome. When your GT500 gets heat soaked a Civic will give you hard time. With a pulley, tune, intake the GT500 is a totally different animal.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Add a turbine jet engine to your car and you will put bus-lengths on him.

Nah, just an intake, tune and pulley. Then the 5.0 would need the jet engine.

taz.gif

justinschmidt1

Established Member
im still surprized of the outcome of this race. didnt think 5.0s had it in them to take on a GT500

GT500s are heavy and really dont move out till you start throwing bolt ons on them and pushing more boost.

Same thing with the 03/04 cobras...really arent all that impressive in stock form

Bolt on 5.0s are trapping 114-118 mph around here depending on the bolt ons

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
GT500s are heavy and really dont move out till you start throwing bolt ons on them and pushing more boost.

Sadly true. This really occured to me when I went back to stock for the clutch TSB. When I was driving it back home from the dealership it felt significantly slower.

Users who are viewing this thread