11's n/a

usmcrebel

Established Member
just have him port the heads instead of buy new ones, cams, full exhaust, cai, tune and slap some slicks and practice.

03AV8R

Established Member
A Mach 1 with tires and a 150 shot will run 11s all day long.

With sticky tires & a 150 shot the car won't last All Day Long, thats the problem.. You havent shored up anything..

If the motor doesnt blow by the end of the 5th or 6th pass (Kudos to you) then the rear end woulda broke from the sticky tires & the 425+ Ft Lbs of torque that your applying..

I know the rear wont survive but maybe a couple passes if your shooting for 11's.. Go easy on it & you might get lucky for a few outings but you prolly wont see 11's..

I know if im driving a mostly factory Mach1 & shooting for 11's with nottin more than a 150 shot & sticky tires im gonna break something.. quickly.. :beer:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
With sticky tires & a 150 shot the car won't last All Day Long, thats the problem.. You havent shored up anything..

If the motor doesnt blow by the end of the 5th or 6th pass (Kudos to you) then the rear end woulda broke from the sticky tires & the 425+ Ft Lbs of torque that your applying..

I know the rear wont survive but maybe a couple passes if your shooting for 11's.. Go easy on it & you might get lucky for a few outings but you prolly wont see 11's..

I know if im driving a mostly factory Mach1 & shooting for 11's with nottin more than a 150 shot & sticky tires im gonna break something.. quickly.. :beer:

makes sense to me.

BM1

Established Member

Of course supporting mods are needed and I assumed people would catch that but apparently not. I was addressing the all motor vs power adder issue and why it's much less efficient and more expensive trying to do it all motor vs a nitrous kit.

Last edited:

03AV8R

Established Member
Of course supporting mods are needed and I assumed people would catch that but apparently not. I was addressing the all motor vs power adder issue and why it's much less efficient and more expensive trying to do it all motor vs a nitrous kit.

With a 150 shot nitrous kit & supporting mods i hope you'd be shooting for 10's & not 11's!! We were talking just hi to mid 11's here right?? I didnt read everything.. :beer:

03AV8R

Established Member
I guess the real point here is if your going to shoot for 11's with either Juice or N/A your still gonna need to do some supporting mods & build the rear end up at some point (& prolly change gears while your in there).. Thats probably the biggest expense & your really gonna hafta do it either way..

So you need to ask yourself: if you wanna spend $800 on a good nitrous kit or put the $800 into some additional suspension pieces & or better wheels.. :beer:

gtmustang00

Established Member
Build the car first, then the motor. The mach 1 is a great platform to start with. Rear end upgrades and wheels/tires should get you a high 11 second pass with agressive driving.

BM1

Established Member
Build the car first, then the motor. The mach 1 is a great platform to start with. Rear end upgrades and wheels/tires should get you a high 11 second pass with agressive driving.

A full weight and completely stock Mach won't touch 11s even with slicks and suspension. You'd have to have gears, bolt-ons, and a MEAN 60' if you're going to run 11s in a full weight car without motor work or a power adder.

03AV8R is doing it with bolt-ons, gears, tires, and suspension, but that car has a ton of weight reduction.

03AV8R

Established Member
A full weight and completely stock Mach won't touch 11s even with slicks and suspension. You'd have to have gears, bolt-ons, and a MEAN 60' if you're going to run 11s in a full weight car without motor work or a power adder.

03AV8R is doing it with bolt-ons, gears, tires, and suspension, but that car has a ton of weight reduction.

03AV8R is one small "ported intake" away from running 10's which is a huge difference between that & just running 11's.. You do not need a ton of weight reduction to just run 11's & you dont need the bigger gears or skinny's or slicks or all the suspension pieces either.. :beer:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
03AV8R is one small "ported intake" away from running 10's which is a huge difference between that & just running 11's.. You do not need a ton of weight reduction to just run 11's & you dont need the bigger gears or skinny's or slicks or all the suspension pieces either.. :beer:

Once again Blackmach1 trys to expalin something that he has never experienced! :bash:
BLACKMACH1 = 1,469 WORTHLESS POSTS ON SVT.......:loser:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mach 1

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
Once again Blackmach1 trys to expalin something that he has never experienced! :bash:
BLACKMACH1 = 1,469 WORTHLESS POSTS ON SVT.......:loser:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mach 1

Provide proof of a full weight Mach 1 going 11s with nothing but tires and suspension as was originally stated. Until then, keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

gtmustang00

Established Member
id try and go for it, but unfortunately my dads not willing to modify the car. he has a 03 cobra for that

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
A Mach 1 with tires and a 150 shot will run 11s all day long.

Did you even read the original post. He clearly stated that he wanted to do it on motor. Nitrous shouldn't even be brought into the discussion. Sure nitrous and tires will get you there, but as stated before, not for long. Hard to believe you were the fastest sperm.

Reading > you.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
Dynotune04 please listen to people such as 03AV8R who know what they are talking about. Do not listen to people such as this tool (BlackMach1) :loser: who reads about it in the forums but never experiences it. If you do enough research on this site. You will see what I am talking about. :banana:

i have seen that blue mach 1 run too many times to not respect what he has to say. anyway thanks a bunch for all the opinions. Hes got a good idea where hes going with it now.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Still waiting...

I don't have to prove anything to you! The only thing that I was stating was that you speak about certain things that you have no idea about. I mean if you speak about having a slow Mach or how you don't know how to drive at the track. We will let you speak about those things because you have admitted in the past that you own one and suck at driving at the track. Now when you want to speak about what the Mach can do and what it can run well now you will have to get flamed.:burn: When you respond to a post it's like a retarded person talking. We all hear the noise you are making but ain't none us can understand WTF you are saying! :shrug:

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
I don't have to prove anything to you! The only thing that I was stating was that you speak about certain things that you have no idea about. I mean if you speak about having a slow Mach or how you don't know how to drive at the track. We will let you speak about those things because you have admitted in the past that you own one and suck at driving at the track. Now when you want to speak about what the Mach can do and what it can run well now you will have to get flamed.:burn: When you respond to a post it's like a reatarded person talking. We all hear the noise your making but ain't none us can understand WTF you are saying! :shrug:

What was your best naturally aspirated ET/MPH?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread