11's n/a

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Heads/Cams?! No. :bs: Bolt ons (exhaust, tune, and cold air at a minimum. LTs, ported intake, elec. w/p, and a full dyno tune will make it easier), gears (4.30 minimum, 4.56 optimal), tire (15" d/r will do it, E/T Drag will be better), suspension (adjustable upper control arms are esential), suspension setup (an angle finder is your friend, also read up on suspension pre-load), and practice can net you 11s. Take a couple hundred pounds out of the car and it will make it easier.

There are ~600 rwhp cars that run 12s (we've all seen them), and ~300 rwhp cars that run mid 11s or better. I'd rather have a performing underdog than a dyno queen.

+1 , no need for Heads/Cams.

With a good driver, 11.99's can be had with Intake, Spacer, Ported Intake, Electric WP, Aluminum DS, LT's, o/r x or h pipe, catback, 4.30 gears, full suspension set up, a good tune and a good set of DRs or Slicks. If you need that extra nudge to get you there, just spray the summbitch.

03AV8R

Established Member
+1 , no need for Heads/Cams.

With a good driver, 11.99's can be had with Intake, Spacer, Ported Intake, Electric WP, Aluminum DS, LT's, o/r x or h pipe, catback, 4.30 gears, full suspension set up, a good tune and a good set of DRs or Slicks. If you need that extra nudge to get you there, just spray the summbitch.

Thats a great place to start from right there.. The thing is everyone is a little different on how they want their car to run the 11's N/A.. Some might opt for the bigger 4.56 gear (would be my choice) and gettin the bigger axles & differential, maybe even a spool or mini-spool.. That way you can launch alot higher & maybe not need to do the ported intake (for now).. Or maybe others might opt to do a little more weight reduction by gutting out the trunk & puttin in a rear seat delete & light-weight front seats.. Thats a huge weight difference next to someone who hasnt done any of that. Another might opt to not do a couple things for now & go with Bogart Wheels.. I swear the extra money spent on those was worth every penny.. They work the balzz & are about the lightest in the industry, dont skimp on wheels!! My Bogarts have gone "Thousands" of passes.. The Pro-Stars i use as a backup are just horrible, their even hard to mount the nuts into. They warped some & their heavy as heill!! Welding in some subframe connectors is a killer cheap idea too! :beer:

Sharad

Junior Woodchuck
Established Member
I'm not gonna lie, I can only read about it. (I just bought my mach yesterday) I'll say this though, I'd be VERY interested to read a story on Jeff Schmell's mach. Specifically how the ETs progressed with each mod.

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
Did you even read the original post. He clearly stated that he wanted to do it on motor. Nitrous shouldn't even be brought into the discussion. Sure nitrous and tires will get you there, but as stated before, not for long. Hard to believe you were the fastest sperm.

Reading > you.

The fastest sprem LMAO

Black Mach 1 why don't you just go EAD and leave SVT for good. B4 you get kicked off neway :loser:....btw don't you have a vortec on you car? what are you times in the 1/4

Last edited:

03AV8R

Established Member
I'm not gonna lie, I can only read about it. (I just bought my mach yesterday) I'll say this though, I'd be VERY interested to read a story on Jeff Schmell's mach. Specifically how the ETs progressed with each mod.

His car is a Factory Stock competitor... Not alot of mods.. Mostly motor mods running upwards of 375 RWHP.. It ET's with RWHP & sticky tires, not weight reduction & Mega Mods.. :beer:

BM1

Established Member
The fastest sprem LMAO

Black Mach 1 why don't you just go EAD and leave SVT for good. B4 you get kicked off neway :loser:....btw don't you have a vortec on you car? what are you times in the 1/4

The Vortech is sitting in my basement not installed yet.

My best N/A MPH is 110 MPH and my best n/a ET is 12.9. That was on 18x10" rims and 285 Nittos with a 2.0 60'.

Users who are viewing this thread