13' GT vs 392 Challenger!!!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
so is this happening or........

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Wow. This guy is such a toolbag.

Those who have worked sales in the car business will definitely be offended by the "for doing nothing" comment. Do you have any idea how many days, nights, weekends, and holidays car salespeople spend away from their families, all to try and earn a living? These are not 9-5 days, these are typically 8-8 or 9-9 days, and sometimes salespeople sell nothing and earn $0 for their 12 hour days. Do you know how many birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions they miss too? But they are scum for trying to sell a car for above dealer cost. Do you know when there is no profit in the deal, a salesperson is awarded a "mini deal," which is a small, flat rate for moving a unit? This could be as little as $100 for a sale that took a month to complete. I've had salespeople I managed sell 22 cars, but they were all mini deals, so they made $2200 for the whole month for that colossal effort. Do you have any idea what that averages out to per hour? How dare they, right. No one pays sticker anymore for a car, and if you think dealers are getting that on anything but specialty units, you are dumber than I thought. A consumer can spend 10 minutes online and know what dealer cost is on a car. And I'm not talking about invoice, I'm talking about true dealer cost, which includes their holdback money.

Do you know that most sales departments are considered decent if they can break even and not lose money? Anyone that was ever in management in the car business will tell you that service is where a dealership makes their money, not sales. It was very common for the sales department to break even or even lose a bit of money every month where I worked. It was all about getting the units out and locking in service customers.

But back to you now. You are an incredibly ignorant human being, though I didn't have to read your uninformed comments to figure that out, the premise of this thread was enough to determine how completely ****ing retarded you and your idiot friend are.

I am out of the car business now and am lucky to have a very nice, very flexible job that I am very well compensated for, but I will never forget where I came from.

Mods, please grant this moron's wish and remove him from the board. Hey, he asked for it, the least we can do is help him out.

Last edited:

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member

Those who have worked sales in the car business will definitely be offended by the "for doing nothing" comment. Do you have any idea how many days, nights, weekends, and holidays car salespeople spend away from their families, all to try and earn a living? These are not 9-5 days, these are typically 8-8 or 9-9 days, and sometimes salespeople sell nothing and earn $0 for their 12 hour days. Do you know how many birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions they miss too? But they are scum for trying to sell a car for above dealer cost. Do you know when there is no profit in the deal, a salesperson is awarded a "mini deal," which is a small, flat rate for moving a unit? This could be as little as $100 for a sale that took a month to complete. I've had salespeople I managed sell 22 cars, but they were all mini deals, so they made $2200 for the whole month for that colossal effort. Do you have any idea what that averages out to per hour? How dare they, right. No one pays sticker anymore for a car, and if you think dealers are getting that on anything but specialty units, you are dumber than I thought. A consumer can spend 10 minutes online and know what dealer cost is on a car. And I'm not talking about invoice, I'm talking about true dealer cost, which includes their holdback money.

Do you know that most sales departments are considered decent if they can break even and not lose money? Anyone that was ever in management in the car business will tell you that service is where a dealership makes their money, not sales. It was very common for the sales department to break even or even lose a bit of money every month where I worked. It was all about getting the units out and locking in service customers.

But back to you now. You are an incredibly ignorant human being, though I didn't have to read your uninformed comments to figure that out, the premise of this thread was enough to determine how completely ****ing retarded you and your idiot friend are.

I am out of the car business now and am lucky to have a very nice, very flexible job that I am very well compensated for, but I will never forget where I came from.

Mods, please grant this moron's wish and remove him from the board. Hey, he asked for it, the least we can do is help him out.

Win.

Last edited:

ramstein

Established Member
A man walked into a tavern and sat next to a very attractive, smartly
dressed woman perched on a bar stool.
"Hi there, Good Looking. How's it going?" he asked.
The woman looked him straight in the eye and said, "Listen, I'll screw
anybody, anytime, anywhere, your place, my place, it doesn't matter. I've
been doing it ever since I got out of school, and I just love it!"
"No kidding?," said the man, "I'm a salesman too! What dealership are you with?":beer:

OP I don`t support you decision to race a dealer car, but if you do, please get it on video!

Last edited:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member

I appreciate your response. You hit the nail on the head.

Unfortunately, the car business deserves most of the bad rap that it has because of the games many dealers play trying to take advantage of people. It never ceases to amaze me how short-sighted some car dealerships are while lying to customers in an attempt to make a quick buck. However, to lump everyone in ANY industry all into one category is ridiculous. (Especially coming from someone who thinks its no big deal for his buddy to steal a car from his employer to go street racing with!)

There are many great dealers out there who will do everything possible for an exceptional customer service experience because they realize that it costs FAR more money to get a new customer than it does to keep an existing one happy. (Not to mention the number of referrals that come from happy clients).

The other great point you mentioned is profit. It seems that only when buying a car does the public feel entitled to know a dealer's cost. (And get upset if the dealer makes any money). Well, how does a 5-10% margin sound? And in most cases that's if a dealer is lucky. On new cars it can be far less, depending on how far back of MSRP the dealer sells the vehicle for. Yet, we buy new clothing, auto parts, MODS, jewelry, groceries, etc... every day for 40, 50, 60+% markup and no one thinks anything of it. In fact, it is common for most high-end retail goods to have a x2 markup. (I used to be a dealer for Maui Jim Sunglasses and my cost was exactly half of the retail price). Yet people pay it EVERY day and don't stand around demanding to know what the store's cost is. Think this is only on low ticket items? If you purchased your home new the builder probably made at least a 30% profit. A good friend of mine owns a contracting company that specializes in insurance restorations for fire and water damage and they consistently turn 40-50% margins year after year.

Bottom line: Without profit, businesses fail. This doesn't mean we shouldn't be educated consumers, but it does mean that we would ALL be without jobs (and Mustangs) if our companies did everything at "cost."

Something to think about the next time we are enjoying a $5 cup of Starbucks or a $4 draught at a 300% profit.

zacmustang03

Established Member
This would of been an interesting race to see. There are so many of these 392s in my town and id like to see where i stand with these with my build .. If this race happens and you get it on video.. Put that shit up on here!

03lowram

Established Member
Oh hell everyone ill set up a race with my dad's 392 and my 5.0. I'll make sure to post it on here. Give me a couple weeks.. Lol :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Why can't I just buy a car direct from the manufacturer?

Screw dealer markups. This is 2013, I don't need you to help me find a car.

Think dealers will soon go the way of the dodo. Unnecessary in a modern world where information is plentiful and the facts are out there on actual vehicle costs.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Regardless of how much information is available on the internet or other sources, there will always be a need for human interaction when buying a car. To make sure the customer is happy, build rapport, earn trust, and be there to follow up incase one of them has an issue or question. That will never go away.

13RaceRed5.0

Established Member
^^^ that's true, it would be nice if some salesmen actually knew what they were talking about on some cars. The stuff they same sometimes is pretty funny. My car salesmen told me that the fusion would beat me in a race to watch out haha.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
^^^ that's true, it would be nice if some salesmen actually knew what they were talking about on some cars. The stuff they same sometimes is pretty funny. My car salesmen told me that the fusion would beat me in a race to watch out haha.

One of the guys at the dealership told me that he drove both a 2012 stage 3 Roush and a stock 01 cobra that were for sale. He said the cobra wins by a landslide. Some people....:banghead:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Regardless of how much information is available on the internet or other sources, there will always be a need for human interaction when buying a car. To make sure the customer is happy, build rapport, earn trust, and be there to follow up incase one of them has an issue or question. That will never go away.

Doubtful.

The majority of my coworkers use the same method of car purchasing that I've used on my car and my wife's. Use email to put dealerships in a bidding war and once you get a price that you like you go pick it up... done. No haggling in person, no phone calls, no bait and switch, just bids through email until the magic number is reached on a specific VIN #. I don't mean to attack car dealers at all by lets be honest no salesman... car salesman, furniture salesman etc has ever been what made me as a customer happy and I surely never trust salesman. I know they are trying to make as much as possible and as a consumer that values my hard work I am trying to get the best deal. We are natural enemies, not that they are evil but surely we aren't pals.

It is only a matter of time, realtors and all sales people in general are having their territory encroached by technology and information. Keep up with technology or go extinct.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
That's true, some people are very self sufficient and that's fine. But there's always going to be someone that needs help choosing what car to buy. Sure, all salesmen are out to make as much money as possible. Hell yeah I am too. Aren't we all? But more often than not, a customer needs help from the dealership to get them in the car they want. Whether it be financially, or retrieveing a car from another dealership so the customer doesnt have to drive 3 hours to get it. It's up to the salesmen and managers to get the job done for the customer.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Well, I will say this and leave it alone.
About 7-8 years ago A friend of mine worked (key word is worked) at a Honda dealership.
After working on saturday, she decided to hide a secondary (valet) key on the tire of a Honda Pilot.
Dealer closed and she went back to pick up the vehicle.
Since she didnt have a temp plate or window sticker, she decided to cut some paper in the shape of a temp sticker and put it in the back.
Since the windows are factory tinted it was hard to tell what it actually was.
Well, lo and behold, she had a few drinks and side swiped a few cars and somehow caused the SUV to roll over on it's side.
Well, police came and because she couldnt provide proof of insurance or registration they decided to run the VIN.
Last registration came back as belonging to the Honda dealer of Route 22.
She was arrested & charged for being possession of a stolen vehicle.
To add to that, after firing her the dealer decided to file a civil suit since teh SUV was totaled.

So with that said...As curious as we all are I wouldnt risk it.
ANYTHING is possible and could turn terribly wrong in an instant.
Whos to say, while you're out ripping thru the gears you will happen to pass the finance mananger, ssales manager or even the owner of the dealer?

KurtDog

Established Member

You are kidding me right? When I was growing up everyone told me the money was in being a car salesman. I kept telling everyone I wanted to be an astronaut or a scientist, but they kept telling me the money is in car sales.

So they were all wrong? Next you are going to tell me that McDonalds does not pay well.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Well, I will say this and leave it alone.
About 7-8 years ago A friend of mine worked (key word is worked) at a Honda dealership.
After working on saturday, she decided to hide a secondary (valet) key on the tire of a Honda Pilot.
Dealer closed and she went back to pick up the vehicle.
Since she didnt have a temp plate or window sticker, she decided to cut some paper in the shape of a temp sticker and put it in the back.
Since the windows are factory tinted it was hard to tell what it actually was.
Well, lo and behold, she had a few drinks and side swiped a few cars and somehow caused the SUV to roll over on it's side.
Well, police came and because she couldnt provide proof of insurance or registration they decided to run the VIN.
Last registration came back as belonging to the Honda dealer of Route 22.
She was arrested & charged for being possession of a stolen vehicle.
To add to that, after firing her the dealer decided to file a civil suit since teh SUV was totaled.

So with that said...As curious as we all are I wouldnt risk it.
ANYTHING is possible and could turn terribly wrong in an instant.
Whos to say, while you're out ripping thru the gears you will happen to pass the finance mananger, ssales manager or even the owner of the dealer?

Would that be the Autoland car dealership on Rt 22 in Springfield? Back in early 2000's I use to hang out at a gas station where my buddy worked at and every once in a while, cars would get stolen from the Autoland lot. We used to enjoy watching the high speed chases take place as they headed towards Newark.
Good memories...

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
You are kidding me right? When I was growing up everyone told me the money was in being a car salesman. I kept telling everyone I wanted to be an astronaut or a scientist, but they kept telling me the money is in car sales.

So they were all wrong? Next you are going to tell me that McDonalds does not pay well.

I worked at a dealership a few years ago in new car sales. Pay worked like this: Dealership would pay me $1700 a month no questions asked. In order to make more than that, I would have to sell a car(duh). Only problem is there wasn't much to make off a new car and at the minimum, I would make $125 off a sale. So, if I sold $2000 worth of commission in a month, I only made $2000 that month. Why? Because the first $1700 of my commission was to pay the dealer back and anything beyond that ($300) I could keep.

I quit because selling 14 cars a month just to pay the dealer back was not easy and for the time spent, I could make A LOT more money elsewhere. I'll admit, it was the first job that when I quit, I was fugging happy!!!

Poppacapp

Established Member
Dodge offers nothing worth even pushing the pedal past "grandma" other than the Viper. At least until they drop some more weight.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
:lol: LOL

Save the drama, if he wants to lose his job, so be it
Video Please :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread