13' GT vs 392 Challenger!!!

Need4speed2345

Established Member
You don't have my sympathy. It's tough work and if you don't like it/can't make ends meet you can find a new occupation...

And try something similar, but factor in being on the other side of the world where people are trying to kill you and then you'll have an idea of what I consider to be true sacrifice.

Bah! I've done both... Sales and military during OEF/OIF. Sales by far worse. Military all those nice per diem, hostile fire, family sep, tax free money was nice. Got out sold cars and made shit for money.

Military isn't a cakewalk but I would do it again in a heartbeat over being civilian.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
My father has a 392 (auto) and my 5.0 is an (auto). We ran from a few digs and one 60-140+ run. It all comes down to who gets the jump. It's amazing how close our cars were. If you spin from a dig and he doesn't.. You won't catch him. And same goes for the 392 if it spins it won't catch you. His car is now tuned and mine will be soon.
So we will run here pretty soon.
All these runs were probably 60 degrees out that night and he had less than 200 miles on the car! His fastest 0-60 was 4.3 and he ran 12.8 in the 1/4 a couple days later.

:beer:

Catfood

Established Member
When I worked for a dealership we never took out the new cars except on test drives.

On the other hand when we got a newer STI on trade all the guys took it out for a whirl. One guy brought it back with smoke pouring from the the brakes. One guy burned the clutch out on a 1.8T Audi doing I don't even know what! I avoid dealer cars at all costs most inspections are completely worthless.

clean92lx

Established Member
Race went down last night!!

First of all Im sorry but as I was riding solo there was no way I could get it on video. So last night I went to the local meet/street racing scene. When I got there I spotted a 392 Charger so I parked next to him and and told him Ive been wanting race one of these for a while now, asked him if he wanted to run and he said "we can but I've raced a few of those 5.0's and I alway win" I tell him yea but I want to see how I would do. So my 13' GT/CS 100% bone stock his stock 392 automatic another full bolt on 5.0 and a SS camaro with atleast exhaust pull out for some friendly runs.

First run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and were off. we roll out dead even and I can hear his car shift gears while Im still in mid second gear and I pull half a car, I slam third gear and pull another half car and hold a full car all the way to 110.

Second run: 20 roll first gear, three honks I pull out a whole car and keep it to 110

Third run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and Im late on the hit he pulls out a car and I cant catch him.

All three of the above races were three wide races with the SS Camaro, we both put a few cars on the camaro everytime.

Last race was three wide with the me,392, and full bolt on 5.0: 20 roll three honks and we were off I can hear the LOUD ASS mustang wrapping it out, I pull half a car on the 392, It stay this way through 1,2,3 and the bolt on 5.0 is about 2 cars back LOL.

We pull over to talk a bit and I ask the 5.0 what happen and he says "what, I wasnt even trying to race , well oh well wait that last one I KINDA was racing" LOL whatever dude.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
First of all Im sorry but as I was riding solo there was no way I could get it on video. So last night I went to the local meet/street racing scene. When I got there I spotted a 392 Charger so I parked next to him and and told him Ive been wanting race one of these for a while now, asked him if he wanted to run and he said "we can but I've raced a few of those 5.0's and I alway win" I tell him yea but I want to see how I would do. So my 13' GT/CS 100% bone stock his stock 392 automatic another full bolt on 5.0 and a SS camaro with atleast exhaust pull out for some friendly runs.

First run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and were off. we roll out dead even and I can hear his car shift gears while Im still in mid second gear and I pull half a car, I slam third gear and pull another half car and hold a full car all the way to 110.

Second run: 20 roll first gear, three honks I pull out a whole car and keep it to 110

Third run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and Im late on the hit he pulls out a car and I cant catch him.

All three of the above races were three wide races with the SS Camaro, we both put a few cars on the camaro everytime.

Last race was three wide with the me,392, and full bolt on 5.0: 20 roll three honks and we were off I can hear the LOUD ASS mustang wrapping it out, I pull half a car on the 392, It stay this way through 1,2,3 and the bolt on 5.0 is about 2 cars back LOL.

We pull over to talk a bit and I ask the 5.0 what happen and he says "what, I wasnt even trying to race , well oh well wait that last one I KINDA was racing" LOL whatever dude.

"full bolton" may mean air intake and cat back without a tune. IF so, hes not making enough extra power to matter. I know my cat delete and canned tune 2013 GT picked up about 3-4 car lengths. Now that I have a boss manifold, JLT CAI and E85, the car would wipe the floor with a stock coyote. My guess is he had mufflers and an air intake with no tune and that's it.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
I had a 2012 gt/cs and I can promise you my 2013 would wipe the floor with a gt/cs stock.

So other than the MINOR hp increase...what about a 2013 will allow it to "wipe the floor" with a 2012.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Agreed on the comment above...Sounds like the 392 and a 5.0 is a driver's race however, what is interesting is that 392 has about 4 or 500 lbs on the Stang. What is going to happen when Chrysler comes out with the lighter Barracuda? Should be interesting....

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Agreed on the comment above...Sounds like the 392 and a 5.0 is a driver's race however, what is interesting is that 392 has about 4 or 500 lbs on the Stang. What is going to happen when Chrysler comes out with the lighter Barracuda? Should be interesting....

True, but the 392 puts to the wheel what the 5.0 is rated at the crank so it should be close.

I love both cars:rockon:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

The $50k SRT8 Cuda will be faster than the $35k Mustang GT but slower than the $55k Mustang GT500.:beer:

clean92lx

Established Member
"full bolton" may mean air intake and cat back without a tune. IF so, hes not making enough extra power to matter. I know my cat delete and canned tune 2013 GT picked up about 3-4 car lengths. Now that I have a boss manifold, JLT CAI and E85, the car would wipe the floor with a stock coyote. My guess is he had mufflers and an air intake with no tune and that's it.
no I talked to the guy before we went out to race he said he had full exhaust(long tubes and all) CAI, BOSS IM, Tune. I think he was fighting aliittle traction, but with all that he should have still caught back up and pulled both of us. dude obviously cant drive and needs all those mods to offset his bad driving to compete against anything.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I want to see both cars race an then wreck like the video all over the net of the vetts.

clean92lx

Established Member
The guy with the 392 said he goes out to that same spot every saturday, so I am gonna try and get a buddy to follow with a chase car and get on camera

Users who are viewing this thread