13' GT vs 392 Challenger!!!

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Would that be the Autoland car dealership on Rt 22 in Springfield? Back in early 2000's I use to hang out at a gas station where my buddy worked at and every once in a while, cars would get stolen from the Autoland lot. We used to enjoy watching the high speed chases take place as they headed towards Newark.
Good memories...

LOL

That, sir would be the place.......

04nccobra

Established Member
Dodge offers nothing worth even pushing the pedal past "grandma" other than the Viper. At least until they drop some more weight.

Funny you say that as another member now 12-500 owner mentioned he ran 12:20s bone stock, and I ran 12:40s also stock with all the nannies on. IMO it is more than a capable car in the automatic form.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
It always amazed me when I ran sales departments at dealerships how consumers think that dealerships are evil for trying to make money on the sale of their cars. It's a ****ing business people! Is Safeway evil for making a 40% profit on the can of beans they sold you? How about the girl scouts? You think they're slinging thin mints @ cost? Amazing.

Watch your f#cking mouth...
I Swear by Thin mints!!!
LOL
They rock!
:rockon::rockon:

Pntbll309

Established Member
this site ****ing blows! Im out!

MODS delete this screen name as I wont need it!!!

Oh boohoo. You call everyone a "crybaby bitch" but when you get called out on your incredibly moronic idea, you run away like a bitch. I'm glad you're leaving this site, people like you shouldn't reproduce.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Funny you say that as another member now 12-500 owner mentioned he ran 12:20s bone stock, and I ran 12:40s also stock with all the nannies on. IMO it is more than a capable car in the automatic form.

We all know what a properly driven GT500 can do. But yes. 12.40 is respectable...they still need to take weight out ofbthe cars, because it is taking a whopping 392ci to get the fatty moving.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
We all know what a properly driven GT500 can do. But yes. 12.40 is respectable...they still need to take weight out ofbthe cars, because it is taking a whopping 392ci to get the fatty moving.

And the GT500 in question has a 5.4 liter engine, a 2.0 liter blower on top of it, 4 cams and 32 valves. GT500 is quite a fatty also to need that much motorvation; I'd say that's more engine than the Challengers 6.4 liter pushrod engine.

I'm not trying to argue as I'm a fan of both cars. I agree the Challenger needs to lose weight, but the Mustang does too, and I believe they will in their next iteration.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Stock for stock(both stick cars) I hurt a kids feelings in a 392, granted he was a HORRIBLE driver.

4valved

Banned
And the GT500 in question has a 5.4 liter engine, a 2.0 liter blower on top of it, 4 cams and 32 valves. GT500 is quite a fatty also to need that much motorvation; I'd say that's more engine than the Challengers 6.4 liter pushrod engine.

I'm not trying to argue as I'm a fan of both cars. I agree the Challenger needs to lose weight, but the Mustang does too, and I believe they will in their next iteration.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with your. about the gt500 having more engine then the n/a 392. But the regular gt isnt that heavy.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I agree with your. about the gt500 having more engine then the n/a 392. But the regular gt isnt that heavy.

Oh yes... it is..

Maybe if you're used to driving a town car. But drive any other light-weight sports car, FR-S, Miata, anything below 3200lbs and you will certainly feel the added heft.

I love my GT but I have no misconceptions about it being chunky.

Last edited:

dfresh2

Established Member
5.0 mustang 392 challenger

If for some reason this dealer gets away with racing this new 392 and by chance beats the 5.0 Mustang. He might be able to sell the 392 by telling the buyer this car right here can beat a bone stock 5.0 Mustang. Now of course if he is smart he won't tell the customer how he knows this other than that is what he has been told by the factory. Then again if he is really smart this won't go down beings it's been on here for three pages! LMAO

blkvenm97

Established Member
this is a very evenly matched race. It truley is a driver's race...if one driver is a little better than the other that driver is probably going to win. if both drivers have the driver mod and are equal I would give a very very slight edge to the 5.0 due to weight issues...and when well driven those 5.0s can really move. that being said can we please get a video?

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
Those who have worked sales in the car business will definitely be offended by the "for doing nothing" comment. Do you have any idea how many days, nights, weekends, and holidays car salespeople spend away from their families, all to try and earn a living? These are not 9-5 days, these are typically 8-8 or 9-9 days, and sometimes salespeople sell nothing and earn $0 for their 12 hour days. Do you know how many birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions they miss too? But they are scum for trying to sell a car for above dealer cost. Do you know when there is no profit in the deal, a salesperson is awarded a "mini deal," which is a small, flat rate for moving a unit? This could be as little as $100 for a sale that took a month to complete. I've had salespeople I managed sell 22 cars, but they were all mini deals, so they made $2200 for the whole month for that colossal effort. Do you have any idea what that averages out to per hour? How dare they, right. No one pays sticker anymore for a car, and if you think dealers are getting that on anything but specialty units, you are dumber than I thought. A consumer can spend 10 minutes online and know what dealer cost is on a car. And I'm not talking about invoice, I'm talking about true dealer cost, which includes their holdback money.

You don't have my sympathy. It's tough work and if you don't like it/can't make ends meet you can find a new occupation...

And try something similar, but factor in being on the other side of the world where people are trying to kill you and then you'll have an idea of what I consider to be true sacrifice.

Need4speed2345

Established Member
Don't think you can miss-shift newer mopars. They have a safety to stop the person from doing his by limiting it to around 3k...

I know when my car is in neutral/park it rev and stops around 2500-3k (SRT8 Jeep)

Users who are viewing this thread