13GT Auto Driveshaft Time, Now Which One?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Decided its time to get an Aluminum Driveshaft for my 2013 GT Auto....Was thinking of getting one from Axel Exchange however my research shows me that it replaces the factory pinion flange ....im wondering if this is a good thing or is it better to get a driveshaft that bolts to the factory flange?....either way im looking for a hassle free vibration free easy install....my car is lowered on eibach prokit springs and currently has ZERO driveline vibration...I don't wanna go to a one piece and have a vibration....I had a bad experience with my 11 and a certain company's early model 1 piece that replaced the pinon flange but had not yet offered it with a cv joint.... im really wanting to make the correct choice the first time this time around....my car is an auto and from what I hear the autos are a lot more prone to driveline vibrations when switching to a 1 piece driveshaft...please help me make the choice!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Driveshaft Shop Aluminum

The CV joint is awesome on this shaft and it's direct bolt on, no flange change. Others will chime in and say, no....this one this one. However, this is the best shaft you will spend your money on. The rear CV joint is more forgiving on pinion angle than any other shaft. I was vibration free @ 145-150 mph in my 700 rwhp GT500 using the same shaft.

Don't even get me started on Shaftmasters. No pinion angle setting or rebalance would make that thing stop vibrating over 100 mph.

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Dynotech here, easy install - no need to chage pinion flange...zero vibration! Awesome! I've had mine installed over a year now.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
My car being an Auto I think its prone to vibration...I run an Axel Exchange in my 800+rwhp GT500 with no problems....just not sure if it will be vibration free with one in my Auto 13...guess im looking for more replies from those with 11-14 auto GT's ...

Last edited:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Subn I want to do this very soon also, let me know which one you do and any feedback you may have...I was considering DSS also

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I would consider a DSS but from what I hear they are made when ordered and I don't wanna wait, I wanna pickup the phone order it and have it shipped same day....American Muscle has the Axel Exchange Shafts in stock and ship out same day....if I could find a place that had the DSS ones in stock and are not just taking your money only to have your item drop shipped I would prolly get a DSS....anyone know where I can order a DSS that have them in stock ready to ship same day?

Shaun@AED

I have yet to hear of an issue with Dynotech.
We have had a few other brands blow the boots out on the Dyno as we exceed 150MPH.

I had my Dynotech over 180 on the Dyno (8400RPM in 5th).
Ended up needing a new set of TPMS after that (not designed for high speed), but the DS was fine.

vortecd

Established Member
Well the good thing about this thread is someone has had a good experience with every driveshaft out there:)

D.T.R

Established Member
I called last night and ended up ordering a shaftmaster DS. $600 shipped, will be here in about a week.

SCalla1384

Established Member
We have had a few other brands blow the boots out on the Dyno as we exceed 150MPH.

Ended up needing a new set of TPMS after that (not designed for high speed), but the DS was fine.

8400rpm? Damn. Do you have a Dyno sheet of your car?

DetTigers

Established Member

Can Dynotech be used on lowered cars without an issue?

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Well I just got a DSS a week ago. Haven't put it on my car yet. It's going in with a bunch of mods like 8 rib paxton upgrade and probably a JPC fuel sys.

The surprise was. It was supposed to take 3 weeks but they shipped it the next day I ordered and it was here within 3 days. So that's a nice surprise I gotta say.

Was gonna go Dynotech just due to the wait, but I'm glad the DSS got here quickly, the CV joint will help a lot in avoiding vibrations, hopefully at least.

My advice, the DSS, even if you have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread